Eastenders #27 Ben has been slapped down for good

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
so Johnny Carter is back and its anotheeeeeeer new actor, the EE roundabout of diff faces continues 😂

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I know Elaine isn’t too popular but I feel bad for her. She’s being made a mug of.

• Sad
Reactions: 38
I’m watching tonight’s episode and I’m taking the comment from George dad about the sisters looking so different is that maybe he knows cindy was putting it about and having affairs, as let’s be honest she’s never been able to stop herself being unfaithful.
---
I know Elaine isn’t too popular but I feel bad for her. She’s being made a mug of.
Agree, it’s like she can see the affair unfold infront of her eyes

• Wow
Reactions: 23
Wish they would kill Whitney off so she doesn’t have the option to return when Shona inevitably can’t find another job

Also is it just me who doesn’t care enough about the Knights to be invested in this storyline?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Haven't read the end of the last thread but saw the discussion got to George's story is about farming which was an adoption practice in the 50s and 60s.

Don't know much about it myself but here's an article

British Nigerian actor Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje also made a film about his experience with it (which I meant to watch but never got round to)

I watched this film a few months ago now, it was really hard to watch in places but was based on someone's own life.

Reactions: 6
Haven't read the end of the last thread but saw the discussion got to George's story about farming which was an adoption practice in the 50s and 60s.

Don't know much about it myself but here's an article

British Nigerian actor Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje also made a film about his experience with it (which I meant to watch but never got round to)

Just realised this article was shared at the end of the last thread!

I don't know how I feel about the farming storyline, but I'm leaning towards the idea that it'll be a good topic to cover if done well. I do think it's important but the way George's family has been brought in for this reason is reminding me of when Harvey's family was introduced so we could meet his racist son (I know the daughter, Peter's girlfriend, was introduced first but can't be bothered to remember her character now).

Reactions: 7
I’m watching tonight’s episode and I’m taking the comment from George dad about the sisters looking so different is that maybe he knows cindy was putting it about and having affairs, as let’s be honest she’s never been able to stop herself being unfaithful.
---

There's something about his Dad that's creepy as. I think he's previously tried it on with Cindy and that's why she's uncomfortable around him. When George asked her towards the end if she knew, meaning his background, and her first response was to ask what his dad had done gave me a funny feeling about it all. He's potentially got an unpleasant background, and not just the upcoming racism element.

Reactions: 29
Wish they would kill Whitney off so she doesn’t have the option to return when Shona inevitably can’t find another job

Also is it just me who doesn’t care enough about the Knights to be invested in this storyline?
Yes to Whitless never coming back but I love George, he's great.

Reactions: 14
---

I thought he was just pointing out that her skin tone and features are darker than Anna's, he's racist.

• Wow
Reactions: 18
TBH I prefer the George storyline to bloody Lauren and Penny. Also only just realised Cindy id the girls mum as I wasnt watching it when Cindy came back and the Knights arrived 😊

Reactions: 20
There's something about his Dad that's creepy as. I think he's previously tried it on with Cindy and that's why she's uncomfortable around him. When George asked her towards the end if she knew, meaning his background, and her first response was to ask what his dad had done gave me a funny feeling about it all. He's potentially got an unpleasant background, and not just the upcoming racism element.
Have to say George's dad is very well cast as he seems deeply unpleasant with only a handful of lines and he's not actually said anything terrible yet. The acor has certainly nailed it.

Reactions: 46
Random thought but I wonder when they'll take the 2022 eps off of iPlayer? Usually they only have two years worth and we're now on the third year if you know what I mean lol

Reactions: 1
I think Elaine has set herself up for a bit of a fail here she’s been convincing herself that nothing is going to happen between George and Cindy, but the writing was on the wall to begin with
I’ve never thought George was that into Elaine anyway, and they are totally mismatched as a couple
---
I also think George’s dad storyline is going down the racist route like he was a skinhead back in the day

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
I think she overacts but I’m starting to like her out of sympathy. George is taking the piss.

Also I feel like they’ve wasted Cindy’s return on this. The character is just there to fit in the Knights storyline of missing mum/upcoming mistress. The character doesn’t even feel like Cindy - it just feels like the producers utilised her name and return to elevate their new favourite family which they’re determined to push to the center of everything.

Reactions: 20
I'm not exactly rooting for a George and Cindy reunion but he's so unsuited to Elaine. Any time Elaine is on screen with George my brain shortcuts to "oh, his mum" and with Cindy my brain shortcuts to "oh, tension between the mother in law and wife".

I'm constantly having to remind myself!

I guess it's intentional that she has the same dated style as Linda but a trendier wardrobe would do her wonders. Not that she needs to look younger in general but for the sake of the storyline at least because next to George and Cindy it just doesn't fit.

And I don't think their (relatively small) age gap should be central to the relationship but it's kind of distracting.

Reactions: 19
God Whitney is so so so depressing. I get that she’s scared but I just can’t look at that constant moany cry face.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
God Whitney is so so so depressing. I get that she’s scared but I just can’t look at that constant moany cry face.
Yes she comes across as bittersweet about the pregnancy, even though she has a stable home and steady boyfriend. As much as EE have explored complex PTSD, I suspect the only way out for Whit is to start a new life… elsewhere 🥲

I'm not exactly rooting for a George and Cindy reunion but he's so unsuited to Elaine. Any time Elaine is on screen with George my brain shortcuts to "oh, his mum" and with Cindy my brain shortcuts to "oh, tension between the mother in law and wife".
I agree that there’s zero chemistry there and it is distracting but to be honest I find the Knights in general very shoehorned in and mismatched.

What I don’t like is that Elaine and Ian are going to be made out to be jealous simps when Cindy and George are being inappropriate and sneaky. I also wish they’d given Cindy and Ian more than six months before bulldozing it all as there’s no real momentum with either couple for the affair to really make much impact. The only thing working for the affair is that George and Elaine are mismatched. Cindy and Ian did have potential but it’s being ruined to service Cindy and George.

I’m also sick about hearing Marbella stories of how crazy and in love they both were back in the day and how well they know each other. I hate when soaps try to build chemistry/history by just monologuing off stories and the audience are supposed to be rooting for them. It’s boring and unless it happened on screen I don’t give a duck.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
omg I remember Brian Harvey and the jacket potato incident 😳
This has led to the strange saying of ‘remember don’t jacket potato and drive’ in our house. It’s been going on for so long we have forgotten why we say it now 🤪🤪🤪

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.