Eastenders #27 Ben has been slapped down for good

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel bad for Harriet Tubman because she's been terribly miscast in this role. Maybe if Maria Friedman hadn't played Elaine before it wouldn't be so bad but I can't see Harriet as Linda's mum, whereas Maria looked and acted the part naturally. Maria's Elaine was far more caring, nurturing and maternal toward Linda, yes she flirted with Mick but you could tell it was their humour and fun, yes the pub and putting on an act for the punters was important to her but not more important than Linda, she would never have asked Linda to lie about Dean raping her, nor would she have been more bothered about the pub being shut on Boxing Day than Linda being kept hostage and having a fat lip. Also, I can see there being more chemistry between Maria's Elaine and George, therefore more reason for George to be conflicted about his feelings for Cindy. As it stands, it feels more like Elaine is his mum and she doesn't like his girlfriend. Harriet's Elaine seems more natural toward Gina and Anna, she gels better with them.

On a side note, I really hope Lauren's big return has ended and she'll get the death sentence for smuggling drugs

• Haha
Reactions: 32
New Year predictions:

Kat and Phil break up, then Sharon gets back with Phil.
Kat tries to get back with Alfie but he says no. He says he will always love her but they’re better as friends.
Cindy has an affair with George but stays with Ian.
Stacey will be pregnant by Jack, she plans a termination but can’t go through with it.
Bernie, Felix and Chelsea have a great time as housemates.
Chelsea and Martin start a relationship (not a ONS).
New Johnny and Callum get together after Ben leaves.
One or both of the Knight girls leaves.

I have no predictions re Keanu, the six, and who will get done for murder.

What does anyone else think?
Phil will whisper threats.

Patrick will say yeah man.

Cast members will continue to pretend to drink out of clearly empty mugs.

Deano will rattle Gina like a charity collection bucket.

Ravi will talk about how Harry Styles looks like Ian Beale with his shaved head.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I think she overacts but I’m starting to like her out of sympathy. George is taking the piss.

Also I feel like they’ve wasted Cindy’s return on this. The character is just there to fit in the Knights storyline of missing mum/upcoming mistress. The character doesn’t even feel like Cindy - it just feels like the producers utilised her name and return to elevate their new favourite family which they’re determined to push to the center of everything.
I think they could be playing the long game with Cindy for something much, much bigger and I'm still convinced shes going to finally succeed in bumping off Ian because like you say we know this isn't Cindy in full effect, I think they're laying the groundwork slowly now kinda thing.

My 2024 prediction is that Cindy, Dean and The Six will be massive storylines because this next twelve months is the big build up to the 40 year anniversary episode and we know from Christmas how early they start plotting .

• Sad
Reactions: 12
At this point I don’t have any real theories other than Gina & Dean…
We already know that Gina has a soft spot for ‘broken’ guys and she likes to help/fix them. I get the feeling that they will get close, Dean will try it on and Gina will pull away as she only sees them as friends. Dean will then accuse her of leading him on all this time and attack her (I may be wrong but I believe that’s what he said to Linda). Don’t think he will manage to rape her though as either she will manage to get away or someone will walk in (probably Linda)

Reactions: 10
I’m genuinely bored of The Six, Dean, Gina, Whit, Sonia, Lauren etc

I don’t think it’s cos of my January blues
I miss Nish and Suki fighting maan!
Ravidemption from EE is needed for 2024

y’know Mick and Janine are coming back for 2025 40th special anyway 😂

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
I'm still convinced shes going to finally succeed in bumping off Ian
They’d need to drastically adjust Cindy and Ians dynamic for this to work and also for people to want this to happen. While Ian is a weasel I don’t have much interest in him being made out to be the villain as service to the great George and Cindy love story. I’m rooting for Ian and Elaine ahead of George and Cindy at this point.

I hope you’re right though and they have bigger and better plans for Cindy, right now I feel like it’s going to come out that George’s dad attacked her furthering the Cindy the hero narrative that the writers seem to be going for.

Reactions: 13
Phil will whisper threats.

Patrick will say yeah man.

Cast members will continue to pretend to drink out of clearly empty mugs.

Deano will rattle Gina like a charity collection bucket.

Ravi will talk about how Harry Styles looks like Ian Beale with his shaved head.
And Nish will make a full recovery 🙏 and shout

' YOU ARE MY WIFE SUKI '

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I've had a really tit day and this thread and the following tiktok have made me smile

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I'm not exactly rooting for a George and Cindy reunion but he's so unsuited to Elaine. Any time Elaine is on screen with George my brain shortcuts to "oh, his mum" and with Cindy my brain shortcuts to "oh, tension between the mother in law and wife".

I'm constantly having to remind myself!

I guess it's intentional that she has the same dated style as Linda but a trendier wardrobe would do her wonders. Not that she needs to look younger in general but for the sake of the storyline at least because next to George and Cindy it just doesn't fit.

And I don't think their (relatively small) age gap should be central to the relationship but it's kind of distracting.
I find it so unbelievable and distracting too. Especially when I can see how well matched George and Linda would be!

• Wow
Reactions: 14
At this point I don’t have any real theories other than Gina & Dean…
We already know that Gina has a soft spot for ‘broken’ guys and she likes to help/fix them. I get the feeling that they will get close, Dean will try it on and Gina will pull away as she only sees them as friends. Dean will then accuse her of leading him on all this time and attack her (I may be wrong but I believe that’s what he said to Linda). Don’t think he will manage to rape her though as either she will manage to get away or someone will walk in (probably Linda)
Isn’t Dean a shorta$$ compared to Gina?

In the animal kingdom the height difference would mean he’s a sloth 🦥 and she’s a giraffe 🦒

• Haha
Reactions: 6
We already know that Gina has a soft spot for ‘broken’ guys and she likes to help/fix them
See there’s “broken” guys like Jay or the dead junkie ex she performed a badly acted Marbella monologue about and then there’s rapists… one who almost the entire square agree to be one. Gina is a moany hole but she did at least seem to have a good heart until this storyline. Now she’s just really coming across thick as tit through chasing Dean all over the square and being nasty and looking down her nose at Linda.

Reactions: 17
I must be the only one that likes Elaine 😂😂 she’s been a pretty tit mother tbf but she’s fun and I feel really sorry for her with G+C

Reactions: 18
I must be the only one that likes Elaine 😂😂 she’s been a pretty tit mother tbf but she’s fun and I feel really sorry for her with G+C
I’m heading there with you. It annoys me how she shouts everything and overacts but I think she’ll come into her own once George and the girls inevitably depart the pub. Right now her and Linda are both swallowed up by all of the Knight storylines.

I find the Knights in general very shoehorned in and mismatched.
I wouldn't have minded George joining as a standalone character, possibly still as Elaine's new guy. He fits into the cast nicely by himself and is the only one who makes the Knights bearable.

I get that Anna and Gina were the vehicle for Cindy to return but it could have been an estranged wife/moving on husband situation. That happens.

I find it so unbelievable and distracting too. Especially when I can see how well matched George and Linda would be!
Me too, I can't get over it. Their chemistry is so natural. I think they fit so well but it's too late because I wouldn't actually like that mother daughter storyline especially if it means Linda being the bad guy again.

Reactions: 8
All that build up for the 6 to now be forgotten about!

I want to see Eve & Suki back on the screen…

Nevermind lauren and penny ffs 😴

Reactions: 15
Wish they would kill Whitney off so she doesn’t have the option to return when Shona inevitably can’t find another job

Also is it just me who doesn’t care enough about the Knights to be invested in this storyline?
She is a really talented singer , I'm sure she will be fine for a while at least doing singing gigs, theatre, panto, etc.

Currently sat in A&E with mum and I think I've just creamed my knickers 😍🤣 gonna have to bash my clit as soon as we get home...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.