Eastenders #26 Stick a fork in me, I'm done!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jac Jossa is a seriously poor actress. In fact, she isn’t acting at all, she is just saying words in her own voice. I don’t know why anyone thought the show needed her to come back full time. Peter could still see Louie without Lauren being onscreen. And when did she move to France? I thought she was in New Zealand.
I agree, they could even have brought Lauren back with a different actress. Really not enjoying the Lauren and Penny scenes totally pointless, would rather have Lisa back!

Reactions: 12
So, we know that Max Bowden (Ben) is leaving - and a user on WalfordWeb has provided some alleged tea as to why from a "well-placed source". Their exact words:

- Max's behaviour has been spiralling for a long time.
- The reason for his axing is "concern for his health".
- Kate Oates tried to step in and save Max's job, but was overruled.
- A Ben storyline for 2024 has been scrapped as a result of his axing (which indicates no current plans for a recast).
- Max Bowden and Tony Clay (Callum) don't get on behind the scenes.

This is all alleged until someone says otherwise, so don't take this as gospel - but if it is factual, you never heard it from me. ;)
WalfordWeb… is it worth joining?! Will I neglect my real life even more if I join?!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
There's definitely going to be an interesting dynamic with George's family. I wonder if they'll try the "he's of his time" angle with the racist dad, but then the mum seems genuinely loving and was just desperate for a baby. I like how she said she spat back. It would be interesting to learn more about allyship in racism, at that point in time in East London.

Reactions: 11
I don’t think George’s dad is racist. I didn’t get that vibe. I think the comment was insinuating that they have different dads, and Cindy knows he knows hence why she was avoiding him. Where is everyone getting racist vibes from?

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I don’t think George’s dad is racist. I didn’t get that vibe. I think the comment was insinuating that they have different dads, and Cindy knows he knows hence why she was avoiding him. Where is everyone getting racist vibes from?
oh I do, notice how he only ever barked orders at George, calling him "boy"?

I reckon George's dad assaulted Cindy.

Reactions: 13
It was said it in his background story in the media
It said something like slowly his racist views start to surface

Reactions: 16
Actually that's a good point, where are we all getting racism from? If it was the dad that saw the farming ad that doesn't suggest racism, although obviously still quite an inhumane process.

Reactions: 1
There's definitely going to be an interesting dynamic with George's family. I wonder if they'll try the "he's of his time" angle with the racist dad, but then the mum seems genuinely loving and was just desperate for a baby. I like how she said she spat back. It would be interesting to learn more about allyship in racism, at that point in time in East London.
George's dad might be racist (although not yet proved) but why would he adopt or buy a black baby if that's the case 🤔 it doesn't make any sense. I do think he's creepy though and I bet he did lech after Cindy.

Aunt Babe and Heather's mum Queenie were baby farmers so buying babies unlawfully has been covered in Eastenders before.

Personally I'm not really interested in people buying babies in the past (although it was obviously an abhorrent exploitation of vulnerable young women). As soon as this has been wrapped up the parents will leave never to be seen again. I wish they had given George some lovely Caribbean parents instead that could be part of the show.

Reactions: 6
oh I do, notice how he only ever barked orders at George, calling him "boy"?

I reckon George's dad assaulted Cindy.
My grandad used to call all the boys in our family boy… and they’re all white… and boys for that matter 😂

Reactions: 5
Actually that's a good point, where are we all getting racism from? If it was the dad that saw the farming ad that doesn't suggest racism, although obviously still quite an inhumane process.
It has been mentioned in articles. I saw one from a spoiler page on FB the other day that said he makes comments about Gina and Cindy says something about it.

Reactions: 2
Don't think anyone can dispute that Eddie is a racist when it's there in black and white 😅
---
The way Elaine berated George after his parents left was like a mother telling off her son 🤣. They don't work together at all, I can't wait for George to go back to Cindy!

Penny already seems like an absolute bleep, I'm already tired of hearing her say "what are you saying?" 🥴

I'm starting to dislike Yolande, she's like an itchy arse 🤣. I don't understand why they brought her back

• Haha
Reactions: 16
That aside I’m really looking forward to this storyline, especially if he favours Anna to Gina etc. colourism is not something I’ve seen explored on TV, and when mentioned previously not in mixed race families, only Asian and black ones. George finding out his dad was racist is also going to be interesting, it sounds like he was involved in his upbringing so it will be interesting to see exactly what views he has/ how “bad” they are etc.

Oh and why does Elaine crying look like a two year old trying to force tears for another biscuit?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Yes, but it also dates back to slavery, it's a microaggression/dogwhistle.
---

I dread to think what the comment sections look like
What does dogwhistle mean? Never heard that in this context. Thanks.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.