Eastenders #26 Stick a fork in me, I'm done!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
---

I dread to think what the comment sections look like
I just read the comments and it seems to just be people saying get rid of elaine and people crying demanding an explanation as to why max bowden has been axedšŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 7
George's dad might be racist (although not yet proved) but why would he adopt or buy a black baby if that's the case šŸ¤” it doesn't make any sense. I do think he's creepy though and I bet he did lech after Cindy.
I can't imagine why a racist would adopt a black child either, there would have been far more white babies to adopt then anyway as single mothers weren't the norm as they are now and abortions were not legal, so I don't see why he would opt to bring up a black child??
---
My grandad used to call all the boys in our family boyā€¦ and theyā€™re all whiteā€¦ and boys for that matter šŸ˜‚
I remember an old gent who called his granddaughters boy as well :LOL:

Reactions: 3
What I donā€™t get is how the dad managed to raise George but he didnā€™t realise he was racist?
Iā€™m mixed and my dad was white. I feel like I would have known if the man raising me had an issue with my skin colour

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Probably cos of money from private fostering which was much less formal and sadly less scrutiny as there wasnā€™t a bureaucratic social care system with safeguards. Contrast with what Whit and Zack have gone through is what EE are showing us.
I can't imagine why a racist would adopt a black child either, there would have been far more white babies to adopt then anyway as single mothers weren't the norm as they are now and abortions were not legal, so I don't see why he would opt to bring up a black child??
---

I remember an old gent who called his granddaughters boy as well :LOL:

Reactions: 6
Oh and why does Elaine crying look like Furrytriangle 2 days into her January diet trying to force tears for another biscuit?
Corrected šŸ˜­
---
Yes, but it also dates back to slavery, it's a microaggression/dogwhistle.
---

I dread to think what the comment sections look like
I didnā€™t know that re the slavery association. I just didnā€™t see any racist vibes in todays ep but happy to accept the education!

• Haha
I just read the comments and it seems to just be people saying get rid of elaine and people crying demanding an explanation as to why max bowden has been axedšŸ¤£
I'll give that a miss then šŸ˜„

Max has obviously been sacked due to his off screen behaviour not because they want to get rid of Ben Mitchell. They'll probably ask him to sort himself out and maybe he'll then be able to come back at a later date. If he doesn't sort himself out then they'll have to recast in the future.

I'm off and on about Eeeeelaine. Sometimes I quite like her because she's obviously not as self confident as she pretends to be. She does come across as quite theatrical but I have met people who are a bit like that in real life. I think we just don't see enough of her vulnerable side (unlike Linda who wears her heart on her sleeve).

George and Cindy would probably still be married if circumstances hadn't forced them apart. Eeeeelaine knows that and she's very insecure.

I'm glad George has got a story to give him more screen time (at last) even though I couldn't give a crap about his parents.

Reactions: 10
I'll give that a miss then šŸ˜„

Max has obviously been sacked due to his off screen behaviour not because they want to get rid of Ben Mitchell. They'll probably ask him to sort himself out and maybe he'll then be able to come back at a later date. If he doesn't sort himself out then they'll have to recast in the future.

I'm off and on about Eeeeelaine. Sometimes I quite like her because she's obviously not as self confident as she pretends to be. She does come across as quite theatrical but I have met people who are a bit like that in real life. I think we just don't see enough of her vulnerable side (unlike Linda who wears her heart on her sleeve).

George and Cindy would probably still be married if circumstances hadn't forced them apart. Eeeeelaine knows that and she's very insecure.

I'm glad George has got a story to give him more screen time (at last) even though I couldn't give a crap about his parents.
I agree about Elaine, I would like to see a more vulnerable side to her. I think the biggest thing for me is that she really is worlds apart from the previous Elaine (unsure of the actressā€™s name) but from my memory they are just too different both looks and personality wise to even pass as the same character imo

Reactions: 12
What does dogwhistle mean? Never heard that in this context. Thanks.
This is a very raw definition, but basically anything that is said with the intention of racism but also gives the person saying it plausible deniability.

I've been watching a lot of videos about antisemitic dogwhistles and it's really eye opening

• Wow
  • Heart
Elaine is just too ā€œpantomimeā€ for me. Every scene sheā€™s throwing her arms wide & giving a performance. Sheā€™s not natural at all.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Knowing Eastenders, it's probably going to come out that Yolande is George's real Mum :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 37
šŸ˜„ I'd actually prefer that as I love Yolande's accent. She has a lovely voice and doesn't get enough to do generally.
I like her accent. The other woman that was with Patrick. I canā€™t remember her name? She had a son
Her Trini accent never sounded good or authentic to me

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Probably because there was money involved
---
I like her accent. The other woman that was with Patrick. I canā€™t remember her name? She had a son
Her Trini accent never sounded good or authentic to me
Sheree! She was a nasty piece of work

Probably because there was money involved
With baby farming couples pay to get a baby, nobody is going to pay them for taking a child.
It's basically baby selling and as @Eirawen pointed out if you were racist why would you take a black baby when white babies were probably available taken from young unmarried mothers at the time šŸ¤”
The only way the couple get paid is fostering through social services.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
No, there would be money from the biological fam given to the foster couple

šŸ˜¬ Those poor kids. It would be luck of the draw if they had anyone decent looking after them!

I thought this story was like the racket Aunt Babe was running where she sold babies.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
No, there would be money from the biological fam given to the foster couple

That is such an interesting article, albeit quite upsetting that some foster families would be so cruel to a child simply because of being both fostered and black.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
I found Georges dad to be treating him a like a slave barking orders at him. The reason they would've taken on a black baby would be for money.
I'm really interested in this storyline to see where it goes and what I can be educated about. I'm not an ignorant person but I also don't know everything that people of colour have gone through and still go through to this day. I'm ready to learn more because I want to be able to support those who face racism in their lives and be more clued up on the facts.
To those who have encountered racism; I'm sorry you've had to experience it.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I found Georges dad to be treating him a like a slave barking orders at him. The reason they would've taken on a black baby would be for money.
I'm really interested in this storyline to see where it goes and what I can be educated about. I'm not an ignorant person but I also don't know everything that people of colour have gone through and still go through to this day. I'm ready to learn more because I want to be able to support those who face racism in their lives and be more clued up on the facts.
To those who have encountered racism; I'm sorry you've had to experience it.
That's the vibe I got! I immediately noticed that he didn't really speak to George about anything else, and when he did his tone was aggressive.

We live in such a racist world and it makes me so sad

• Sad
  • Heart
IMG_3689.png
So i keep getting this advert during my scrolling and my quick glance keeps thjnking dirty den is staring at me šŸ˜‚, just wanted to shareā€¦as you were, thanks for the laughs this thread is hilarious

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.