Eastenders #26 Stick a fork in me, I'm done!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why is Sir crying? We can hear him sniffing.

Terrible hayfever, I've got. 'In February?' Yeah, it's terrible. Sniff sniff sniff sniff sniff sniff sniff sniff sniff...

We know the Head likes him but...

Plus a few I'm so bleeping hard because I'm a couple of inches taller than the 11 year olds

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I'm normally a 'dip in and out' of EE but been watching for the Suki/Eve drama but sometimes I get Peter and Bobby mixed up. 😊
i do too! they don’t actually look that much alike facially but i think their colouring and builds are so similar that if i glance quickly at a scene i usually think it’s bobby and it’s actually peter. did it in the christmas day episode more than once 🤣 it’s good sibling casting though!

Reactions: 12
i do too! they don’t actually look that much alike facially but i think their colouring and builds are so similar that if i glance quickly at a scene i usually think it’s bobby and it’s actually peter. did it in the christmas day episode more than once 🤣 it’s good sibling casting though!
It’s easy, if the person speaking has any intonation in their voice or acting ability at all, it’s not Bobby!

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Only watching Fridays now - while I can’t stand Linda on the booze I find Gina UTTERLY unlikeable. She is so so
So so so so pathetic.
---
Question as I’m fortunate enough to not have witnessed alcoholism up close. Linda chugged down a bottle of straight vodka and a bottle of wine - would a person be functional after that to form sentences and move around like Linda was?
My mum's friend is an alcoholic, she drinks vodka and lemonade, she starts off the day not drinking but always has a drink by about 3pm, she then steadily drinks for the rest of the day. I'm not sure on the actual amount she drinks, she never appears to be legless but there's always at least 10 empty bottles in her glass bin each week. She has been like this for about 25 years now and her health is really deteriorating.
---
Only watching Fridays now - while I can’t stand Linda on the booze I find Gina UTTERLY unlikeable. She is so so
So so so so pathetic.
---
Question as I’m fortunate enough to not have witnessed alcoholism up close. Linda chugged down a bottle of straight vodka and a bottle of wine - would a person be functional after that to form sentences and move around like Linda was?
My mum's friend is an alcoholic, she drinks vodka and lemonade, she starts off the day not drinking but always has a drink by about 3pm, she then steadily drinks for the rest of the day. I'm not sure on the actual amount she drinks, she never appears to be legless but there's always at least 10 empty bottles in her glass bin each week. She has been like this for about 25 years now and her health is really deteriorating.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Alcoholics can build up a hell of a tolerance. Although in my experience alcoholics don’t neck vodka straight from the bottle. It’s more common for them to drink things like vodka mixed with sweet stuff to keep them buzzed but relatively functional during the day. White wine is popular too. But Linda hasn’t drunk for a long time so she would have lost some of her tolerance by now.

My former boss when I worked in a pub was alcoholic. He'd start with a vodka and coke at about 10am, I never knew the ratio because he'd strategically pour his drink out of my sight.

By the end of the night he'd be more obvious about the fact he was drinking a half vodka, half coke then move on to neat liquor.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Just been reading about Whitney’s new pregnancy storyline. Who thinks Zak will leave with her in an unannounced exit, like Mitch and Karen? It’s hard to imagine why Whitney would choose to go off and have the baby on her own, she has never wanted that.
I read he’s said he’s not sure if he’s cut out for a baby/being a dad so maybe she goes herself??

Reactions: 1
Just catching up so apologies if this has already been covered…. I am fairly certain I read that Johnny was recast and back at Xmas to see Linda. It’s only just dawned on me that it never happened 🫣.

Did anyone else read this? Was this one of their false stories to confuse us re the murderer?

Reactions: 6
The know alcoholic from my life necked straight vodka like it was going out of style! Straight from the bottle too, no airs or graces necessary but always check the washing machine before putting on a wash lest the empties get smashed!
Best part is when they drank in a social situation and got asked what mixer they'd like with the vodka! Scandal that was. Consented to some water, asked for a wee jug. Proceeded to put less than a smidge in. If any.

• Wow
Reactions: 7

Small man energy. Got an attack of Winter Hayfever on the way into work, then targeted the smallest, most vulnerable LAC (yet again) by getting right in their face, screaming at them to come on and take their best shot because he wanted a fight with a four foot ten and 6 stone bleeping child.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Just catching up so apologies if this has already been covered…. I am fairly certain I read that Johnny was recast and back at Xmas to see Linda. It’s only just dawned on me that it never happened 🫣.

Did anyone else read this? Was this one of their false stories to confuse us re the murderer?
In the Facebook post they put out announcing it they said “not too distant future” 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Re the Ben drama. I do think Ben needs to be in Walford. Let him go to Portugal and come back as Harry Reid. It’s working well with Peter currently.

Reactions: 10
Me going into 2024 because 2023 has been a dreadful year for me BUT you total (but lovely) slags have made me laugh until it hurts.

Happy New Year! 🥰 Here's to another year of us being slags and wanting to slap people down. ❤

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Me going into 2024 because 2023 has been a dreadful year for me BUT you total (but lovely) slags have made me laugh until it hurts.

Happy New Year! 🥰 Here's to another year of us being slags and wanting to slap people down. ❤
A classic Ben scene but my fave is him acting like a rude boy ☺

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.