Drag Race UK

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm obsessed with Veronica Green. I wasn't sure last week whether she was gonna be too quiet and tame. Well, she showed she is a potential winner.

Tia Kofi, I love. Seems so sweet, cute, great sense of humour. Needs to step up the runway looks though.

Tayce has legs for days, Asstina is a stunner as well. I kinda wanted to get dominated by Asstina in her runway look. 😂

Laurence Cheney, really great, hope she gains confidence from Drag Race and can be more relaxed.

Ginny Lemon, I'm not sure about, hated the runway look.

Was a shame to see Cherry Valentine leave, but she just didn't turn up to the lip sync for me.

Reactions: 10
Just caught up on latest episode. I loved Rats the Rusical but then I like musicals so I got all the Cats jokes.

I'm from Glasgow and I just love everything Lawrence Chaney says. She's so Glaswegian it is excellent. Cracks me up.

I really do prefer the UK one to the US one now, the humour is just so good. I feel in the US the queens take it so seriously and it's so much more about glamour, and there isn't the same kind of fun that we have with the one here. Our queens are all a total hoot and just right up for making absolute tit's of themselves when it comes down to it.

Reactions: 10
Just finished watching it and I'm a bit underwhelmed by this episode. I usually really like the rusicals but wasn't that fussed on this one.

I expected to like Lawrence Chaney, fellow Glaswegian and all that but the "woe is me, this is so hard and I'm out of my comfort zone" puts me right off. What did you think it was going to be like? Have you never watched it before? You KNOW there's going to be singing and dancing. It's like the ones that bleat that they can't sew....again, you KNOW there will be some kind of making an outfit challenge. It smacks of trying to garner sympathy.

I also thought the lip sync was boring. Cherry Valentine saying she was robbed...how? She didn't do anything that made her stand out. Hated the blood from Tayce, felt like trying to copy Sharon Needles and coming off second rate.

Loved Ginny Lemon and Veronica Green.

Reactions: 5
Listening to Asttina and Tayce talk about the lack of representation of POC was interesting as I was having a similar conversation with my gay friend who was like "all the viral trends and language are black culture, but there's an erasure of black people"

Reactions: 7
I still am enjoying this series more than the mother ship.

I feel sorry for Cherry, it's sad when people leave but Tayce really emoted the song better. I like that they sometimes throw in a 'simple' song for a lipsync. I like watching the queens simply emote without the tricks and splits. Like Latrice Royale when she stood on the spot and nailed it with 'Natural Woman'.

Veronica really stood out this week, watching her in the rusical.."It's a woman!". I still love Laurence Cheney, Tia Kofi and I enjoyed Ellie Diamond's runway looks. I like Asstina, she's great to watch. A'whora reminds me of Adore Delano facially.

Listening to Asttina and Tayce talk about the lack of representation of POC was interesting as I was having a similar conversation with my gay friend who was like "all the viral trends and language are black culture, but there's an erasure of black people"
Right. Even the sayings everyone repeats- 10s across the board, etc..come from LGBTQi American ballroom subculture, which was mostly African-American and Latin performers.

Reactions: 2
I agree in terms of Ide like to see a few more emotional simple songs! I will never forget chi chi's performance it was beautiful. I also thought all of their reveals were very meh. My favourite ever reveals was Brooklyn heights when she whipped off that poncho to the stripper outfit.

Reactions: 3
A'whora reminds me of Adore Delano facially.
It’s the lip filler and the drawl-y bimbo voice 😄

Does anyone else think Ellie’s mug looks like a toned down Trixie Mattel? Not saying that’s a bad thing, but you can definitely see the impact of Drag Race on young Instagram queens.

I’m yet to find anything interesting about Sister Sister. It’s a rubbish drag name for a start. I thought she was going to be interesting going by her mad entrance make up, but she has “early out” written all over her - well, if the first two to leave weren’t such big surprises.

My favourite ever reveals was Brooklyn heights when she whipped off that poncho to the stripper outfit.
You’ll enjoy this tweet then

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I am finding hard to remember what's happening and who I like while watching both the UK and US seasons at once (just watched the US episode and now I'm struggling to think about the UK one even though I watched it 2 days ago) I think all of the UK queens are very strong which is why maybe the queens who have left have been a shock because there's no one standing out as like a filler queen? I will say Ellie Diamond is stunning and very talented with the clothes she makes but other than that pretty forgettable/not showing enough personality, I think the same with Sister Sister

A'whora reminds me of Adore too, no problem with queens being shady and telling it how it is but her comments are kind of going past being shady and just being whiney, I love Bimini and Tayce

Reactions: 6
I am loving this cast, Veronica is a favourite but I adore Tia and her humour. Tayce is 😍

Im not so fond of Bimini or Awhora

All I can think of when I hear Tayce is "Tayce is on the case" the joys of Paw Patrol 🤣
She is stunning though 😍😍😍 I also think Biminis make up on the runway was so good 👌🏼 shame the reveal didn't work.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
All I can think of when I hear Tayce is "Tayce is on the case" the joys of Paw Patrol 🤣
She is stunning though 😍😍😍 I also think Biminis make up on the runway was so good 👌🏼 shame the reveal didn't work.
The reveal was tit. There was a join in her wig and I was expecting that to reveal something. I was disappointed 😂

• Haha
Yay I'm glad this exists. My fave is probably Tayce. I also like Lawrence a lot and I think Tia is hilarious.
This is deffo an unpopular opinion but as a Londoner I didn't think Astina's look was London (except the hair and the chicken box which was admittedly hilarious!). The outfit looked like USA early 2000s hip hop to me.
Oooh see I disagree, I very much saw me and my friends in that look, very east London Black/Asian girls vibe

Absolutely loving this series - haven’t even finished the US first episode. I think it’s jumped the shark now. Very excited for Down Under!

Reactions: 4
Oooh see I disagree, I very much saw me and my friends in that look, very east London Black/Asian girls vibe

Absolutely loving this series - haven’t even finished the US first episode. I think it’s jumped the shark now. Very excited for Down Under!
Fair enough, I'll just have to do some more street style spotting!

US does get better but the first episode was sooo boring, no idea how the idea got greenlit lol

Reactions: 1
Fair enough, I'll just have to do some more street style spotting!

US does get better but the first episode was sooo boring, no idea how the idea got greenlit lol
Deffo dated style I admit - think 2010 vibes 🤣

Okay I’ll keep going with the US one, I just got lip sync fatigue 😩

Can anyone explain to me what was so awful about Cherry? I really warmed to her that episode (and when I watched Meet the Queens between episode 1 and 2) and I felt like there were much weaker queens in the running.

Her Suprise Suprise outfit was genuinely one of my favourites so I just didn't get the criticism at all. I've only watched a few of the US series (gave up when I realised that I much prefer UK!) so has it just been done too many times or something?

Grateful for any insight from the long term Drag Race fans amongst us!

Still rooting for Ginny, Veronica and Lawrence. Starting to warm to Tia, and Tayce is an absolute beauty.

Can anyone explain to me what was so awful about Cherry? I really warmed to her that episode (and when I watched Meet the Queens between episode 1 and 2) and I felt like there were much weaker queens in the running.

Her Suprise Suprise outfit was genuinely one of my favourites so I just didn't get the criticism at all. I've only watched a few of the US series (gave up when I realised that I much prefer UK!) so has it just been done too many times or something?

Grateful for any insight from the long term Drag Race fans amongst us!

Still rooting for Ginny, Veronica and Lawrence. Starting to warm to Tia, and Tayce is an absolute beauty.
I'm not sure because I really liked her! There's was definitely worse imo. She really opened up and it must of been hard to talk about her background and the community she is from.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.