Drag Race UK

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So don't think there's a thread for Drag Race UK yet, just watched the first episode of season 2 on iplayer what's everyone's thoughts? Personally I love drag race UK so much more than the regular one, I've watched all the US seasons but British humour is just unmatched I always love the funny names of the queens and it works so well it just feels so much better for me. I was super impressed with the first episode too I can't pick out a winner straight away for once.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
So don't think there's a thread for Drag Race UK yet, just watched the first episode of season 2 on iplayer what's everyone's thoughts? Personally I love drag race UK so much more than the regular one, I've watched all the US seasons but British humour is just unmatched I always love the funny names of the queens and it works so well it just feels so much better for me. I was super impressed with the first episode too I can't pick out a winner straight away for once.
I love Lawrence Chaney! 🙌

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I think it’s a really good mix of queens this year! It’s going to be tough competition.
Faves so far are Tayce and Lawrence. I predict Veronica will be a bit of an underdog.
I can’t wait for this years snatch game 😄

Reactions: 9
I just watched the first episode and I’m so excited! There’s a video on YouTube posted 3 days ago which gives a rumoured weekly elimination reveal if anyone is interested.
The poster got 12th place right so make of that what you will!
I’m loving Lawrence Chaney, Bimini, and Tayce 🌈

Reactions: 1
Honestly there wasn't anyone I hated I think they all smashed both runway looks, although I think the queens are threatened by asttina because her east london look was spot on and anyone who grew up in London would know it lol the critiques seemed a bit like jealousy to me hmm

Also Elizabeth Hurley was a great judge I love it when the guest judges actually have an opinion and the fact that she disagreed with Michelle and didn’t just say she loved everything like some judges do

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Omg I absolutely loved it! Just finished the first episode :) I’m rooting for the queen from Lancashire (my home town!) and I like Cherry Valentine. I was also super surprised that the queen that went home was eliminated (I thought she was a renowned queen)?! Not saying names in case we can’t include spoilers. Great bunch either way. Can’t wait for next week’s episode

• Heart
Reactions: 6
So pleased there’s a thread! I just wanted to hug Lawrence when she was talking about feeling vulnerable out of drag and though her outfits were incredible in the maxi challenge - that photo though?? I like them all, was gutted about the elimination. Tayce, Tia and Veronica seem really good but excited to see what this series will bring. @GGGGG i agree with what you said about preferring the UK series, it just feels so much more interesting and real. 🌈

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Omg I absolutely loved it! Just finished the first episode :) I’m rooting for the queen from Lancashire (my home town!) and I like Cherry Valentine. I was also super surprised that the queen that went home was eliminated (I thought she was a renowned queen)?! Not saying names in case we can’t include spoilers. Great bunch either way. Can’t wait for next week’s episode
Same! And I loved their icon look. I think it’s going to be such a good competition. I can’t wait!

• Heart
Same! And I loved their icon look. I think it’s going to be such a good competition. I can’t wait!
Yesss! I thought they were super impressive and really original - gutted they went home. I also hope someone from the first season of Drag Race UK makes a guest appearance at some point. Loved Baga and the Vivienne last year!

Reactions: 2
I was thinking it must be hard for all of the UK queens, last years didn’t get to tour or anything because of corona hitting just after the season finished and this year’s has been disrupted because they had to stop filming and even though they managed to film the rest they can’t go on tour or do shows or anything like that either which is how most drag queens build up their fanbase and although they’ll already have fans being on the show is such a big opportunity for them afterwards which they won’t get to take advantage of for quite a while but I guess that’s the same for the US queens although I think the rules over here around groups of people meeting are stricter but I guess shows are the main source of income for queens so that must be tough I read that there’s going to be a lockdown episode about them in lockdown while filming stopped which will be interesting

I'm loving it, thought all of them were really interesting with some I really like from the off. Will see how my opinion changes as we go through!

Between this and season 13 of US I'm in heaven right now 😁

Reactions: 5
Such a shame Joe came out so early. He is a top quality entertainer and a real sweetheart. Total shock to me that he was in the bottom two.

Reactions: 13
I was really disappointed with Joe Black. We share the same hometown and there would have so many fun options! Seagulls, the pier, kemptown could go on forever 😩 She let us down! Such a shame as I think she had so much potential ...

Reactions: 7
Hoorah, a fellow Brightonian.

Joe was absolutely robbed, I wouldn't be surprised if he comes back later on....as I've heard a rumour that:

Spoiler:

I don't understand Tia escaped the bottom 2.

Reactions: 5
Ru Paul isn't as funny as she thinks she is.

Laurence Cheney is great, I've got a soft spot for Ellie Diamond. Cherry Valentine I like.

Veronica Green, this could be the making of her, or the breaking of her. I hope the former.

Overall, definitely a great bunch of Queens, and there is going to be some tough competing throughout. I definitely think there is going to be some major quality come Snatch Game.

Liz Hurley was unexpectedly great. Loved it when she said "Do I make you horny baby?".

Reactions: 8
The funny thing about that clip is that the judges come out of it looking way worse than they were trying to make Ginny look. 😂 Ginny is a legend.

Really high standard this year for the UK queens. So far, I really like Lawrence Cheney and Ginny Lemon, Veronica seems like a sweetheart.
Looking forward to the Rusical next week.
Any queens that you think might be in danger?

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.