Drag Race UK

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yay I'm glad this exists. My fave is probably Tayce. I also like Lawrence a lot and I think Tia is hilarious.
This is deffo an unpopular opinion but as a Londoner I didn't think Astina's look was London (except the hair and the chicken box which was admittedly hilarious!). The outfit looked like USA early 2000s hip hop to me.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Yay I'm glad this exists. My fave is probably Tayce. I also like Lawrence a lot and I think Tia is hilarious.
This is deffo an unpopular opinion but as a Londoner I didn't think Astina's look was London (except the hair and the chicken box which was admittedly hilarious!). The outfit looked like USA early 2000s hip hop to me.
I got Cleopatra "coming at ya" vibes ✌🏼

Ugh, loved it. It’s exactly what I need right now. Drag Race US is so boring and po faced in comparison. I love how different U.K. drag is in comparison to the Americans. Even Ru looks like he’s having a good time.

I love Asttina and Tayce, Tia’s legs are severely underrated (and her deadpan humour is 👌). The Scottish queens also look great. I’m really hopeful for a great series!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
It's everytime Ru Paul speaks, and makes a terrible English pun/joke etc. That makes me cringe to hell. And all the terrible puns when they do the runway bit.

I enjoy it except for Ru Paul basically, but that seems like sacrilege to some. And her drag is only a blonde wig and a dress, it's boring.
Awright, Guvnor. Yup, it's the only thing we say! I'm thinking he spent a lot of time in black cabs! lol

Reactions: 3
I could definitely live without RuPaul in the UK version, the Canadian version worked really well without her. It's obvious she's never been any further than London and doesn't really have a clue about the UK as a whole, thankfully she seems to have toned down the cockney geezer act this time around.

Joe Black didn't really do anything for me, had never heard of them. I live nowhere near Brighton and have never been there so the reference to the Pavilion were lost on me. She seemed to just give up on the lip sync so only right she went.

Reactions: 6
Ok I finished the ep now... No idea why the lip sync was affecting everyone in the room as I just found it boring and awkward, but happy with the winner.

One of the best musicals on the show!

Also I posted and deleted about how odd I found Sheridan Smith because I felt bad after I remembered she's struggled with alcohol and mental health problems but I really do feel like she came across bizarrely

Reactions: 5
Another great episode! The musical was amazing 😁 so sad about the queen who left (can we say spoilers? Don’t wanna get banned if not 😝) but was probably the right choice! Veronica is a dark horse and I love it 🙌🏻

Reactions: 3
Tayce is the most stunning queen I've ever seen!

They're such tight arses for only giving the winners a badge. I know it's the BBC but they get 5 grand a pop in the US, open your purse Ru!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Tayce is the most stunning queen I've ever seen!

They're such tight arses for only giving the winners a badge. I know it's the BBC but they get 5 grand a pop in the US, open your purse Ru!
Yeah they could have really done with the money this year !

Reactions: 4
This season of UK Drag Race is sooooooo good. I had to pause the tv when Ginny Lemon did her runway because I was laughing so hard at her saying “take a look at my BIG, HAIRY ARSE” 😂😂😂
Bimini was incredible during the performance and Tayce is so stunning in and out of drag 😍

• Haha
Reactions: 9
What an episode! Rats the Rusical was so good, I wonder how long they had in reality to practise it? Agreed Tayce is stunning in and out of drag. I thought Tia handled the casting with such grace (also her dry humour is fab) and really wanted to give Lawrence a hug during his meltdown in rehearsals. Not sure about Awhora - just find her a bit bland, don’t find her particularly shady, just whiny. Disclaimer - my opinions will probably change as the series goes on, they usually do.
Can’t wait for next week already. Does anyone know if the podcast with Scarlet Moffat will be running this year?
ETA - How great was Veronica??!

Last edited:
Ok I finished the ep now... No idea why the lip sync was affecting everyone in the room as I just found it boring and awkward, but happy with the winner.

One of the best musicals on the show!

Also I posted and deleted about how odd I found Sheridan Smith because I felt bad after I remembered she's struggled with alcohol and mental health problems but I really do feel like she came across bizarrely
I thought it was one of the worst rusicals ever. Might have helped if I had seen Cats. My favourite is season 6 with Courtney as Good Penny and Adore as Bad Penny. Also the Kardashian musical was pretty funny. I thought this one was a pretty bad episode.

The bottom three seemed wrong to me too. I didn't want Cherry to go. Tia should have been in the bottom two - her makeup is some of the worst I have ever seen.

Reactions: 5
I thought it was one of the worst rusicals ever. Might have helped if I had seen Cats. My favourite is season 6 with Courtney as Good Penny and Adore as Bad Penny. Also the Kardashian musical was pretty funny. I thought this one was a pretty bad episode.

The bottom three seemed wrong to me too. I didn't want Cherry to go. Tia should have been in the bottom two - her makeup is some of the worst I have ever seen.
I agree I dont think Cherry belonged in the bottom 2 (I do think she lost the lil sync though) and I actually preferred Tayce in her role than Ellie. I probably would have put Sister in the bottom because she was really forgettable for me...Disagree about Tia though I thought her performance was one of the best!! Although her fashion is super basic lol

The lip sync for me was so boring. Didn't move me in the slightest.
I liked Cherry so now that's 2 weeks in a row the one I liked has gone. Shows how much I know about drag I guess haha.
Agree about sista and Ellie. Very forgettable.
Awhora reminds me so much of Adore!
I'm not sure either why Sister went in on Lawrence even though she was safe after comforting her. Didn't make sense to me. Just drama maybe?

After finding out cherry is a traveller everytime I see her I now see Paris Fury.
No shade but they genuinely look alike.

Reactions: 4
Ginny Lemon was brilliant in the rusical too. Such a funny and exuberant character 🤣

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.