Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Grrrombre

I can kind of see where RuPaul’s frustration is coming from - he’s travelled around the world in the middle of a pandemic, he’s isolated for 2 weeks but some of the queens haven’t grasped that their aesthetic needs to be moulded to the task rather than trying to shoehorn their aesthetic into the task.

I thought Joe Black looked fabulous but she looked like a silent movie star - as far away from Eurotrash girl group as you could get. And she’s clearly an amazingly talented queen, her runway look was one of the best there. But she seems too stuck in her own aesthetic to realise it’s not going to work for all the challenges. She could have easily changed up that H & M dress to make it more Eurovision and with a different wig, maybe she would have stayed.

Yes, money is an issue - but as the Vivienne pointed out, they would have already had all their costumes organised before lockdown so wouldn’t have had to spend any additional money unless they decided to change the costumes. I saw Veronica Green’s insta stories about making her Medusa wig and she said she had to make it for as little as possible so was buying cheap plastic tubes and rubber snakes. The show has become a real juggernaut, but I always saw its aim as showcasing the talent and ingenuity of drag artists - their ability to make something incredible and beautiful out of next to nothing.

If what A’Whora says is true - that Sister Sister copied her costume idea, then that’s super shady. I think it probably is true because the judges were quick to say that it was a great costume but didn’t have the same impact cos A’Whora went there first. I’m astounded Sister Sister has lasted this long, I tend to forget she’s even on the show. And I thought her Goth character was way worse than Veronica’s - Veronica made me laugh with her dry, not bothered characterisation but Sister was just blah.

I started out liking Ginny Lemon but wasn’t keen on how rude she was to Lawrence and I thought her walk off was incredibly petulant. She strikes me as someone with both low self esteem and a very high regard for herself. The lashing out at Rupaul now just comes across as bitter and a little pathetic. She chose to leave because she didn’t want to risk losing, she needs to own that decision and not try to blame anyone else.

I loved Queens on Lockdown and really admire Cherry Valentine. She came across so well - intelligent, empathetic, hard-working and really lovely. I wonder if the queens were told not to vote for her to return - she seems incredibly dedicated to her job and I’m not sure that she would have left it to go back on Drag Race. I liked that she and Asstina were given a reward, it was certainly much needed for Cherry.

I felt so bad for Veronica. She clearly really struggled initially with lockdown, I’m gutted for her that she didn’t make it back to the show. I hope she decides to return next year and smashes it.

I love Tia Kofi and have done since her Alan Turing drag. I loved that she chose a true gay icon and I thought the rainbow binary design on the suit was really well thought out and clever. Such a shame the ice cream dress didn’t work properly - I hope she makes it through to the final, her commentary is great.

Apologies for the essay - I have no one in real life to discuss this with! 😀

• Heart
Reactions: 45

aaliyahplz

VIP Member
So don't think there's a thread for Drag Race UK yet, just watched the first episode of season 2 on iplayer what's everyone's thoughts? Personally I love drag race UK so much more than the regular one, I've watched all the US seasons but British humour is just unmatched I always love the funny names of the queens and it works so well it just feels so much better for me. I was super impressed with the first episode too I can't pick out a winner straight away for once.

• Heart
Reactions: 33

rainonme

Chatty Member
Found it completely bizarre when Lawrence went off on one about “I COULD GO HOME DID U THINK ABOUT THAT” ... Ellie doesn’t owe anyone anything, it’s a competition! And if Lawrence is such an amazing comic, as Bimini said it shouldn’t matter where you’re placed you’ll be funny regardless

I think they all patronise Ellie because she is the youngest. If any of the others did that with the line up it would have been fine.

Having said that, Ellie was a bit shit and the looks are getting samey and boring. I actually think Lawrence should have been in the bottom, too. Context is important; Lawrence amps herself up as a comedy queen but Tayce and Awhora were honest about comedy not being their bag. Despite that, I think they both pulled it off well, whereas Lawrence droned on and on.

It should have been a double shantay, it was a great lip sync. Why doesn’t Ru seem to do that here?

Bimini has to win. They’re honestly one of my all-time favourite queens!

Reactions: 32

Lollipop19

Chatty Member
I like Ginny's contribution in that article. Not sure about some of the others, they seem to be written in that hyper-online way which is obnoxious towards anyone who hasn't got to exactly the same level of wokeness as they have.

I watched Queens in Lockdown and found it really humbling on how much these artists have struggled this year and how tough lockdown has been for them. Most of them had huge income cuts and just desperately wanted to perform and were finding any way they could to be artists (except Cherry who was making herself useful to the NHS in whatever way she could!). Watching that made Ru's rant especially tone deaf.
I totally agree. I watched the 'h&m' episode and was quite entertained by the rant. But then I watched Queens in Lockdown and read about Joe Black selling all of his outfits as he thought he was out and I couldn't stop thinking about his little face nodding and twitching whilst he was sworn at. It sounds very dramatic but I really couldn't get it out of my head for days how shit something like that would make you feel, especially after not being able to work for 7 months. I read somewhere that he has a form of Tourettes and you can really see him blinking lots whilst being 'critiqued'. I nearly messaged him some support but then realised I don't actually know him and that would be weird 🤣🤣🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 29

Mookiegoose

Forget Lawrence’s hair, WTF is Sister Sister’s hair!
I only came here to say that. To have spent all that dosh on his neb and teeth then to walk in with that fucking hair is ridiculous. He looks like Mickey Love from League of Gentlemen.
log1326jo7.4598.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27

Bluejeanzz

VIP Member
Has Lawrence never watched drag race???? What was with the whole getting angry about the running order? It’s literally like that in every season where people try to sabotage each other...

Platformcrocs

VIP Member
My friend's old boss is friends with Alan Carr so got some tea on Ru kicking off (via Graham Norton, lol). Apparently it was a lot worse than what we saw. Ru started shouting at the crew and contestants etc, saying "why the fuck did I come all the way back for this", threatened to stop the filming and whatnot. The atmosphere on the set was extremely frosty, Graham thought it was a bit of a joke at first but quickly realised it wasn't and sat there the whole time feeling very uncomfortable when the queens came back out/when Ru apologised. Intense!

• Wow

GGGGG

So don't think there's a thread for Drag Race UK yet, just watched the first episode of season 2 on iplayer what's everyone's thoughts? Personally I love drag race UK so much more than the regular one, I've watched all the US seasons but British humour is just unmatched I always love the funny names of the queens and it works so well it just feels so much better for me. I was super impressed with the first episode too I can't pick out a winner straight away for once.
I love Lawrence Chaney! 🙌

• Heart
Reactions: 26

Emma.cs

Happy Drag Race eve tattlers!!
(yes, I spend my week counting down the days til Drag Race. It is my main source of serotonin at this point :ROFLMAO:)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
Another one of those god awful Poundland wigs has died on Ru's head. Definitely masking some dodgy face, or lack of face work during the pandemic.

*in a TV competition game show*

Laurence and A'Whora: Oh my God, Ellie is sabotaging us by playing a game.

Well, duh. That's the fucking point. They'd both do the same thing to Ellie and the others. They need to fuck off. Just as I was starting to like A'Whora.

Last edited:
Reactions: 25

embee1106

apparently Bimini is Katie Price for Snatch Game and I CANNOT WAIT

• Wow
  • Heart

BashmentLady

VIP Member
Kandy Muse giving out on twitter about people saying how much more they're enjoying DRUK2 - it's her that's really ruining S13 for me!

• Haha