Drag Race UK

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So pleased Tia stayed! I wasn't keen on her initially but she's really grown on me and made me laugh this episode.

Her lip sync clearly entertained the judges too so I do understand why they chose her. Asttina is beautiful and really polished but just doesn't seem to bring much else to the table.

Absolutely cannot stand A'whora! Fair play though, her looks are great.

Reactions: 14
I really enjoyed this episode.

I liked Asttina but was pleased Tia stayed. Her self depreciating quips crack me up. A'whora is clearly trying to be the witch, it was such a vehement attack though it seems surprising. Maybe she was just bitter that Lawrence won....although I'm not sure why she did win as there was nothing outstanding about what she made! Ellie looked properly unimpressed by it too.

Bimini and Ginny are my absolute favourites and they were the ones who I wasn't as fussed on when they first appeared. Bimini's outfit was stunning, Ginny's was a mess though 😂 Can't believe Sister Sister is still there though, she's just faded into the background for me.

Reactions: 8
I fully adore Tia Kofi, love her more each week. I love a comedy queen more than any other type of Queen. And Tia is a great comedy queen who I love.

Asttina traded on legs too much even in the lip sync I found. Tia shows personality more.

I was starting to like A'Whora a bit, then her vicious attack on Tia Kofi just burned that all away. Drag Race UK works so well because it isn't too bitchy, she came full witch there. And I didn't like it.

Reactions: 13
A’Whora’s a fashion queen so she thinks that Tia is weak, but Tia is so quick witted which is something that money can’t buy. I really hope she steps it up next week. It looks like a comedy/improv challenge which has to be right up her street.

Will watch that video, thanks!
True. Whilst the look is something I can admire because of the work and talent that goes behind doing what they do, it is not that important beyond the competition aspect of the TV show. Like you say, personality and charisma is what is most important. Vanjie has it, Heidi has it and many others - and neither of them won the show or were great at making the 'perfect' costume. The UK shows has varied drag queens in terms of looks, some not conventionally attractive and this is good because it is real. I like the characters and comedy more than anything. The US format has changed a lot and I still love the show, don't get me wrong, but it's gone down the route of manufacturing the stars for profit rather than you see characters on a show, people like Ginny. etc.

No problem. Tia's friendship with Veronica is really sweet and Vivienne mentions it. :)

Reactions: 7
Really random but whenever I hear Tia Kofi I just think of Kerry Conway and her coughfee🤣

Reactions: 1
I'm catching up with this week and 😮 the competition is so strong! Really enjoying this season.

I'm kinda disappointed Asttina went. I don't feel like we really got to know her which I'm putting down to editing. However there's something about Tía that I love and she seems so genuine. Just hope she ups her runways 👀 Bimini has improved a lot as well. Can't wait for snatch game, some of the girls are genuinely funny and I've got high hopes.

Reactions: 9
I like Ginny Lemon. It’s that thing of being a misfit that is identifiable. And using comedy to cover up a whole bucketful of emotions.

Reactions: 3
I loved how when A’Whora tried to witch about Tia, the others didn’t play along and Veronica called her out

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I like Ginny Lemon. It’s that thing of being a misfit that is identifiable. And using comedy to cover up a whole bucketful of emotions.
I’m surprised by how much I like Ginny. When I first saw her I thought “here we go, another comedy queen who makes herself look ugly on purpose”.

Reactions: 7
I’m surprised by how much I like Ginny. When I first saw her I thought “here we go, another comedy queen who makes herself look ugly on purpose”.
I was the same. Fully ready to dislike her but she's grown on me. And the last episode where she discusses her deep insecurities, it's easy to sympathise and see how some of the comedy queen, and image she's made is a defence mechanism as much as anything else.

Reactions: 4
Right have tayce and a’whora slept together 😆 guessing so either that or they very much want too!
From what I’ve heard they definitely have!! And they live together now too - when the pandemic started they moved in together so I expect in the next couple of episodes that were recorded a while after the break due to strict lockdown, we’ll see a lot more between them 👀

• Wow
Can't believe Sister Sister is still there though, she's just faded into the background for me.
i honestly can’t even remember who Sister Sister is. What does she look like? What did she wear? Honestly I’ve got no clue 😂😂 i can picture everyone else but not her.

• Haha
A’whora really needs to watch her attitude imo it’s one thing being a bit shady but being a total cow could potentially cost her bookings and jobs in the future especially as it comes across she finds certain people beneath her. Think Lawrence,Ginny, Tia and Veronica are my favourites. Really excited for snatch game in a few weeks really curious what celebrities people are going to do. (I actually get the uk references so many in the us/Canadian version fly right over my head 😂😂)

i honestly can’t even remember who Sister Sister is. What does she look like? What did she wear? Honestly I’ve got no clue 😂😂 i can picture everyone else but not her.
Absolutely the same for me, totally unmemorable. Saw her standing there then I had to go back on IG and check out the pictures of when they were first announced to work out who it was 🤷‍♀️🤣

Have just rewatched the Rusical and adored Bimini absolutely nailing the Prodigy vibes in her bit! She was worried because she can’t sing and she not only found a way out of it but a way to smash it. she was excellent

• Heart
Reactions: 11
A’whora really needs to watch her attitude imo it’s one thing being a bit shady but being a total cow could potentially cost her bookings and jobs in the future especially as it comes across she finds certain people beneath her.
Agreed, she is just so unpleasant. I watch this and think ‘who would I actually pay to see perform?’ and right now it’s all of them except A’whora.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.