Drag Race UK

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was really disappointed with Joe Black. We share the same hometown and there would have so many fun options! Seagulls, the pier, kemptown could go on forever šŸ˜© She let us down! Such a shame as I think she had so much potential ...
I don't think she let anyone down! I think the pavilion look got a bit lost in translation, it's an off-white colour so in the sun and at night when it's lit up it does actually look gold! Even then I don't know why the judges wanted them to be more literal, usually they slate the queens who do the obvious ideas.

Reactions: 8
Don't think Astina really deserved first place - she should have been second after Lawrence. Astina is beautiful but Lawrence has more character. That vile hair that he came in with was amazing!

There's a lot of Aquaria lookalikes this year. I suppose if they all watch drag makeup tutorials on youtube, it's not overly surprising.

Was gutted about Sharon Needles (Mark II) being eliminated. I wondered if they might do a double elimination one week so they can bring her back like they did with Naysha Lopez in the US version.

Reactions: 6
I've been a Joe Black fan for ages and it's a shame people won't get a chance to know him better.

If you liked what you saw, I defo recommend this video of Joe with Katya. So much fun, I just love seeing people connecting so instantly!:

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I loved it, i like the US ones but the UK always tops it for me, cannot beat our humour!
Gutted about Joe but i love Tayce! Going to be a great series!

Reactions: 7
Dare I say I am enjoying this more than the US show at the moment? It's got some really good characters on it and yes, you cannot beat our Queens and their humour!

I am loving them already, especially Laurence Chaney, so funny and interesting. Tayce is definitely the trade of the season! So sad about Joe, I think he was obviously very talented and had more to show. :( It just shows that it's not really a good indicator of what a great drag queen is because it's edited and competition-based. Whenen you see a lot of them live or online you see who they really are.

Reactions: 11
I thought Michelle's critiques of Joe's Bowie look were, frankly, bollocks. It was so recognisably Bowie! If Joe had done the lightning bolt look they would have gone the other way and said it was too obvious. A simple google search of Brighton Pavilion also proves the judges were far too harsh with their comments. But Tia's Alan Turing atrocity was fine? Robbed! I hope Joe returns later in the series.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I thought Michelle's critiques of Joe's Bowie look were, frankly, bollocks. It was so recognisably Bowie! If Joe had done the lightning bolt look they would have gone the other way and said it was too obvious. A simple google search of Brighton Pavilion also proves the judges were far too harsh with their comments. But Tia's Alan Turing atrocity was fine? Robbed! I hope Joe returns later in the series.
I totally agree! Michelle was so harsh. Joe was brilliant and was my fav from meet the queen's šŸ’”

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Definitely! I feel they're nit picking at this point. I loved them, especially his Bowie look and I thought the Pavilion look was very clever. I also thought they were better than a couple of the other looks. They lost a very good Queen.

Last edited:
I feel like Iā€™m the only woman on the planet that doesnā€™t like this show šŸ˜‚ my friend is obsessed with it and keeps making me watch it but I just experience full body cringes every time at the lip syncing. I canā€™t take it!

I feel like Iā€™m the only woman on the planet that doesnā€™t like this show šŸ˜‚ my friend is obsessed with it and keeps making me watch it but I just experience full body cringes every time at the lip syncing. I canā€™t take it!
It's everytime Ru Paul speaks, and makes a terrible English pun/joke etc. That makes me cringe to hell. And all the terrible puns when they do the runway bit.

I enjoy it except for Ru Paul basically, but that seems like sacrilege to some. And her drag is only a blonde wig and a dress, it's boring.

Reactions: 10
Did anyone else feel like there was a weird atmosphere amongst the panel towards the end? Liz Hurley had a right face on her at one point! Totally agree that I loved her standing up to the other judges... I always feel like Michelle is needlessly harsh.

Agree with others that the UK version is SO much better.

Ginny Lemon is my favourite so far, also have a soft spot for Veronica and Lawrence. Forced my boyfriend to watch the intro earlier and he said he quite fancied Veronica šŸ˜‚

Although I don't think Joe Black was the necessarily the weakest of the week, I definitely understand why she went. She came across as entitled, and that's not a look that's going to play on the more comedy/club queen atmosphere of the UK version. It seemed like she expected to be in the final regardless of the effort put in or how she performed. And the obvious expense of her costumes was not backed up by her selling the looks or telling a coherent story/persona at all.

Although I don't think Joe Black was the necessarily the weakest of the week, I definitely understand why she went. She came across as entitled, and that's not a look that's going to play on the more comedy/club queen atmosphere of the UK version. It seemed like she expected to be in the final regardless of the effort put in or how she performed. And the obvious expense of her costumes was not backed up by her selling the looks or telling a coherent story/persona at all.
I didn't feel that way about Joe Black being entitled, but I'm not familiar with her at all. I do think she totally gave up during the lip sync [Charlie Hydes style!], and for that was the right one to go out of the two.

I think the truly tit bit for both lip syncers was that the critiques were bollocks - Michelle was talking pish about both Bowie and Princess Julia, and Elizabeth Hurley banging on about the time period of Joe Black's look.

I love the Lancashire queen (haven't learnt all of their names yet) - we love a bit of an underdog. I don't think she truly knows her own potential. The Lancashire Rose look was lovely. Does RuPaul's laugh just go through anyone else? Its so forced and I've decided to just watch the UK one this year because I can't be doing with 2 hours of Ru. Honestly worse than Jimmy Carr's laugh.

• Heart
Does RuPaul's laugh just go through anyone else? Its so forced and I've decided to just watch the UK one this year because I can't be doing with 2 hours of Ru. Honestly worse than Jimmy Carr's laugh.
Honestly I would prefer the show without Ru Paul.

• Haha
Honestly I would prefer the show without Ru Paul.
Drag Race Canada proved the show doesnā€™t need Ru and Michelle. Half the references just go straight over their heads and they just donā€™t ā€œgetā€ it. The show would be much better with a brit at helm.... who I donā€™t know but it would be an improvement.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Drag Race Canada proved the show doesnā€™t need Ru and Michelle. Half the references just go straight over their heads and they just donā€™t ā€œgetā€ it. The show would be much better with a brit at helm.... who I donā€™t know but it would be an improvement.
I bet there's a UK equivalent of Ru that we don't know about yet. I agree it would be so much better with her. I like Michelle but yeah, I don't think they can effectively judge when a lot of the references the queens make are very UK-specific. They just don't get it, like you said!!

Reactions: 2
Lilly Savage. Bring her back. Paul said sheā€™s dead but I beg to differ.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Just want to say that in last years show the impression the Vivienne did of Donald Trump was outstanding!! I think the productions values of the uk version are so much better. It feels real and authentic! I also think they wanted to send a message that nobodies safe in the competition because thatā€™s how joe black came across as they were thinking.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.