Drag Race UK S3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She reminded me of Kim Woodburn when she spoke
She did come across as a very mature lady the way she spoke and carried herself. I wonder if she was feeling a bit reserved and putting up a front. I do think it must be quite nerve wracking for her to compete, as progressive as the LGBTQ community may be (or claims to be), I would imagine there are still quite a few people who think she shouldn't be there.

Reactions: 10
Not a fan of Krystal at all, although my partner and I reckon she’ll end up top 3. Don’t get how she won ep2, she basically wore a leotard with a cape and if there’s anything I know about DR is that Michelle Visage hates a leotard. The entire judging for that episode was off.

Love love love Choriza May, can’t decide if I love or hate Scarlett Harlett, and also love River Medway and Ella Vaday. I’m liking Victoria Scone but have accepted she’s having a Eureka moment and will come back next season. Loved Veronica Green in season 2 but haven’t warmed up to her tbh this season

I think RuPaul and Michelle are pissed that they never got to tell Charity Kase to glam herself up, see the “real” Charity Kase, etc

Reactions: 12
Enjoying S3 thus far!
Early favourites are Ella Vaday, River Medway (loved the statue thing with the traffic cone!), Scarlett Harlot and Choriza May.
Crystal Versace’s looks are absolutely killing it, but I find her immature and spiteful so far (body shaming Victoria)
In the talking heads sections she reminds me of a young Sinead O’Connor…or is it just me?!

Reactions: 9
I loved Veronica Green last season and would have said top 3 before she left but this season theres something missing with her.
It's as if its all cranked up a gear and she didn't get the memo. She seems intimidated by the others too

Reactions: 5
I loved Veronica Green last season and would have said top 3 before she left but this season theres something missing with her.
It's as if its all cranked up a gear and she didn't get the memo. She seems intimidated by the others too
Yes - she seems ‘flat’ this season.

Reactions: 3
Yes - she seems ‘flat’ this season.
I’m not surprised she seems flat though, she went into filming this really not very long after S2 wrapped where we were still in lockdown and there wouldn’t of been much income incoming for her. I think probably the momentum of S2 can play a part, she was a front runner for that and now she’s having to stand out amongst new people which I think will always be difficult. I feel for Veronica

Reactions: 8
I’ve just caught up on the first two episodes and… I think I’m over Drag Race. It’s not you, it’s me!

I’ve been more and more aware that the show isn’t compatible with my feminism, but shook it off for years because it was still funny and entertaining. But now I barely find it funny or entertaining. It’s inevitable that a show with dozens of seasons ends up feeling stale (I didn’t finish watching s13 or the latest All Stars because I was bored) and this new lot of UK queens is no exception. I’m disturbed by what Krystal has done to their face whilst still in their teens, I was perplexed by the abject horror at the (admittedly unfunny) fat joke when I’ve heard much worse in previous years, and the inclusion of a biological woman is just bizarre to me. And Charity’s neck tattoo saying “choke” makes me 🤢

I just can’t imagine a queen like Bianca or Alyssa crashing into a season alongside these people!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I really don't get why people are so shocked at a woman doing drag? Some of the biggest artists in the world like Lady Gaga do something so similar to drag performance, and she's even appeared as a drag king before.

I like that it's pushing the boundaries, and a bio queen on the show really isn't any different from the gorgeous trans queens like Kylie, Gia, etc. Just my few cents and of course everyone is entitled to their opinions so please don't come for me!

Reactions: 21
I really don't get why people are so shocked at a woman doing drag? Some of the biggest artists in the world like Lady Gaga do something so similar to drag performance, and she's even appeared as a drag king before.

I like that it's pushing the boundaries, and a bio queen on the show really isn't any different from the gorgeous trans queens like Kylie, Gia, etc. Just my few cents and of course everyone is entitled to their opinions so please don't come for me!
100% agree. I think some people have forgotten that drag isn’t just a man dressing up as a woman. I know a few afab queens myself and it’s sad how they aren’t as accepted in the community because of their gender when they’re just as talented.

Reactions: 13

100% agree! I think some people forget that drag is an art-form and performance style, and not a personality trait that is exclusive to only one gender.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
100% agree! I think some people forget that drag is an art-form and performance style, and not a personality trait that is exclusive to only one gender.
Even Ru used to say that drag stands for 'dressed as a girl'.

It doesn't bother me that Victoria is doing drag, but I would have thought she would have been better, given that she has more (or less, as it were) to work with. Her makeup skills leave a lot to be desired. So far, she has been very Widow Twanky.

Reactions: 7
Even Ru used to say that drag stands for 'dressed as a girl'.
Ah ye, but drag has been around since the 1800s (if not earlier??). Ru's interpretation isn't the only one and while it's his telly, I'm enjoying seeing different people into drag rather than just young people trying a different avenue for some celebrity.

Reactions: 4
Thought drag was from Shakespeare’s era when only male actors were allowed.

I just don’t think a woman impersonating a woman is drag 😄 I’m sure Victoria’s act is very entertaining and very cabaret, but I can’t see how it’s drag.

I just don’t think a woman impersonating a woman is drag 😄 I’m sure Victoria’s act is very entertaining and very cabaret, but I can’t see how it’s drag.
If Victoria’s type of drag was pageant drag, then I would agree. But I feel the sort of drag she does has room for women entertainers, as it’s a lot more than a woman impersonating a woman.

I’ve just caught up on the first two episodes and… I think I’m over Drag Race. It’s not you, it’s me!

I’ve been more and more aware that the show isn’t compatible with my feminism, but shook it off for years because it was still funny and entertaining. But now I barely find it funny or entertaining. It’s inevitable that a show with dozens of seasons ends up feeling stale (I didn’t finish watching s13 or the latest All Stars because I was bored) and this new lot of UK queens is no exception. I’m disturbed by what Krystal has done to their face whilst still in their teens, I was perplexed by the abject horror at the (admittedly unfunny) fat joke when I’ve heard much worse in previous years, and the inclusion of a biological woman is just bizarre to me. And Charity’s neck tattoo saying “choke” makes me 🤢

I just can’t imagine a queen like Bianca or Alyssa crashing into a season alongside these people!
I think I’m over it too, sadly. I think it’s become a victim of it’s own success - you now have queens like Krystal who have grown up watching it and have modelled themselves on past winners. It’s pretty predictable now 🥱

I think I’m over it too, sadly. I think it’s become a victim of it’s own success - you now have queens like Krystal who have grown up watching it and have modelled themselves on past winners. It’s pretty predictable now 🥱
I think because so many versions have been put out its lost that sense of excirement when a new season starts.
I didnt even get to the end of the last allstars or down under.
Increasingly it becomes very obvious within the first few episodes of each series who Ru's favorite is and its become quite repetitive.
Krystal seems quite inexperienced and lacks personality- however Ru seems to have singled her out and can see her being top 3.

Reactions: 9
I've got no issue with the queens that come through, I appreciate the diversity really and drag has become so much more than a man dressed as a woman making puns about tits and vaginas. There are some queens that aren't for me, but they shouldn't be denied the opportunity - but that is just my view.

What am I sick of is Ru. This thing he does now of laughing hysterically at the slightest thing (I guess he's worked out that if he can encourage things to become memes, it is more money for him). Sick of his demented shriek laughing tbh, it's so boring.

Acting/Rusical challenges can get in the bin too - we need more design and creativity challenges like the old days!

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.