Drag Race UK S3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Watched the Roscoe’s watching party with Lemon and Jimbo and there was some interesting BTS tea:

- The queens were told that they couldn’t use copyrighted music for their performances. It either had to be an original song or royalty free music.

- Jujubee had a different dress for the runway that was inspired by Kim K’s white fringe Mugler look but the zipper broke, so she had to pick something else last minute.

- During the deliberation process, Jimbo told Lemon that she planned on saving her if she won the lip sync but production told her to be more mysterious. What we heard in the actual episode about “I can’t say that” was actually shade towards the producers. In the end she did in fact choose Janey’s lipstick.

- Lemon didn’t practice her jump split prior to the performance and the footage we saw was actually from her first performance (all of the queens perform twice) instead of her second performance where she nailed it.

- Janey wasn’t able to get her talent show outfits fitted in time for filming. She also planned on lip syncing to her song but the producers deemed the lyrics too “raunchy” and this is why the song is so quiet in the episode.

Reactions: 9
The prize is a song with Ru so maybe that was the assignment. None of them are great 😬 only a couple were passable.

Reactions: 2
Really highlighted to me how serious the US queens take it compared to the UK ones. The UK queens are much more down to earth and up for a laugh

Reactions: 13
I'm a bit meh about it. I love Lemon and really didn't think she was the worst out there 🤷‍♀️

I adored Baga in her series but I'm not that keen on her in this. She seems to have bought into her own hype and is just rehashing what she did before. It was funny then but has been so overdone now it's boring.

Can't be bothered with Blu, thought she was crap before and not that improved. What was her final outfit....did she even listen to the brief?

Cheryl is fab but feels a bit forgettable right now, I can't actually recall what she did and I've just finished watching the episode.

I don't get Jimbo, I don't like that kind of drag. I didn't like them on their series either and I hoped that they'd appeal to me more but nope!

The Americans are dull and suck the joy out of it.

Janey I didn't think much of, her act was rubbish. Hopefully they'll improve. Didn't watch the Dutch version so she's an unknown for me.

Pangina seems great, again I didn't watch the Thai version but so far I'm impressed.

Reactions: 4
I hope I’m ok to post this in here and if I’m not can someone point me in the direction so I can rant! I’m rewatching UK Season 1 and I’m “wtf-ing” as much as I was the first time. How does Baga beat Cheryl to the top 3?! That challenge with his Mum. Come on, it was all types of bad.
Appreciate he has 3 badges but judging on that day alone surly he’d have gone? Am I alone in thinking this? I love Baga but Cheryl and her sister smashed it.

Reactions: 12
My two cents.

JuJu - Always have a soft spot for her. Very likable and seems like a really genuinely nice person. SO nice to see how humble she's remained after all these years with so many egos floating around
Monique - can't stand. Arrogant, obnoxious, rude, unlikeable...I could go on. Hoping she goes next but don't think she will
Lemon - I liked Lemon. I agree she shouldn't have went first. Disappointed for her
Jimbo - I had mixed feelings about this one, but loved them in the first episode. Was so refreshing to see something other than a lip sync, death drop, shenanighan type performance. Excited to see what they do next
Baga - meh. I'm very on the fence here. Definitely not as good as she thinks she is. I'd imagine she'll be in the final as they'll need one UK girl there, Davina diCampo should be there in my opinion
Cheryl - gas witch, but nothin new or original. Same rehearsed lines, very predictable. Will be out next I'd say
Blu - didn't like her on her season but LOVED her performance this week. She needs to stop trying to make "Oh Mammy" work though
Pangina - love love love. Very well deserved win, also very gorgeous as a boy! Defo in the final
Jacke - MEH

Reactions: 7
My two cents.

JuJu - Always have a soft spot for her. Very likable and seems like a really genuinely nice person. SO nice to see how humble she's remained after all these years with so many egos floating around
Monique - can't stand. Arrogant, obnoxious, rude, unlikeable...I could go on. Hoping she goes next but don't think she will
Lemon - I liked Lemon. I agree she shouldn't have went first. Disappointed for her
Jimbo - I had mixed feelings about this one, but loved them in the first episode. Was so refreshing to see something other than a lip sync, death drop, shenanighan type performance. Excited to see what they do next
Baga - meh. I'm very on the fence here. Definitely not as good as she thinks she is. I'd imagine she'll be in the final as they'll need one UK girl there, Davina diCampo should be there in my opinion
Cheryl - gas witch, but nothin new or original. Same rehearsed lines, very predictable. Will be out next I'd say
Blu - didn't like her on her season but LOVED her performance this week. She needs to stop trying to make "Oh Mammy" work though
Pangina - love love love. Very well deserved win, also very gorgeous as a boy! Defo in the final
Jacke - MEH
Agree with all of that, especially your thoughts on Juju and Monique. I felt Monique’s arrogant, frosty schtick came across badly outside of an American show. And when Blu was tit stirring about M being a witch to her backstage at a show 🤣 Says a lot about her personality if she’s that unpleasant behind the scenes too.

I’ve heard she’s now going by “Mo” and wants to explore a less female drag persona. Feels rather contrived, like trying to ride the current trans zeitgeist and get some more attention at the same time.

Reactions: 6
Agree with all of that, especially your thoughts on Juju and Monique. I felt Monique’s arrogant, frosty schtick came across badly outside of an American show. And when Blu was tit stirring about M being a witch to her backstage at a show 🤣 Says a lot about her personality if she’s that unpleasant behind the scenes too.

I’ve heard she’s now going by “Mo” and wants to explore a less female drag persona. Feels rather contrived, like trying to ride the current trans zeitgeist and get some more attention at the same time.
Yeah, I think the US version is quite contrived. It doesn't work on the UK/other platforms...but generally, I just don't like "MO's" attitude. Totally superior to everyone else. I've a sneaky feeling Ru will put her in the final though. In saying that, I actually do like her music (Hot sauce was my most played Spotify song in 2021 - MORTO!!!)

Who do you think will win? I definitely think it'll be Pangina. Ru wants to move into other regions of the world and this would be the perfect starting point.

Reactions: 5
Yeah, I think the US version is quite contrived. It doesn't work on the UK/other platforms...but generally, I just don't like "MO's" attitude. Totally superior to everyone else. I've a sneaky feeling Ru will put her in the final though. In saying that, I actually do like her music (Hot sauce was my most played Spotify song in 2021 - MORTO!!!)

Who do you think will win? I definitely think it'll be Pangina. Ru wants to move into other regions of the world and this would be the perfect starting point.
If Pangina performs as well as she did in the first episode throughout the whole show, it should definitely be her who wins. If Baga wins, I think that’s me done with drag race.

Reactions: 9
I thought it was going to be set up for a US winner but if the first episode is anything to go by, I'm not so sure anymore. Monique came across poorly. On first impressions I'd like to see Pangina win it, they're bringing something different and so polished in a way that seems effortless.

I thought it was going to be set up for a US winner but if the first episode is anything to go by, I'm not so sure anymore. Monique came across poorly. On first impressions I'd like to see Pangina win it, they're bringing something different and so polished in a way that seems effortless.
It definitely showcases different drag cultures, the Thai drag is very polished, very well done, US drag is very serious, in that's how they approach the competition and their art, UK drag is a bit camp, panto, more comedy queen focused I feel. Personally I like comedy queen's the most, so British drag tends to appeal more to me.

Reactions: 8
I’m rooting for Pangina the hardest as of right now, but I wouldn’t be surprised if she ends up being a shocking elimination later down the line a la Manila and Shangela.

Team #Pangina here.
I *do* love Baga though…although I seem to be in the minority on Tattle. Perhaps she was just having an ‘off’ week. Let’s see what happens ❤

Reactions: 2
I'm obviously in the minority but I was completely underwhelmed by Pangina. 🤷🏻‍♀️
I was underwhelmed by them all to be honest. Even Blu who I have a massive soft spot for, her performance was great, but like what the duck was she doing with her runway look, didn't fit the theme.

They all need to step it up.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.