Drag Race UK S3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This season is a mess. Not an ounce of charisma or a winners energy from any of them. And while I’m not a fan of charity kase’s brand of drag, I don’t understand why they let her compete when Ru obviously disliked her from the get go.

Reactions: 19
I think this season is really lacking storyline wise, which is something both S1 and S2 did really well.

Reactions: 7
Ru Paul's bit can basically be copy and pasted from one episode into every episode of the series. Absolutely phoning it in.

The challenges are utter shite. Like others, I don't understand what was expected in the Dragaton and Draglexa challenges.

I want to see British drag culture and comedy culture be embraced more. WOW clearly just copy and paste the entire show for every version, and it's just not working anymore.

Ru Paul going off on them for playing it safe, the challenge was shite and gave them nowhere to go with it. Ru/WOW is playing it safe by doing the same thing every series.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
There are so many great British comedy challenges that they could do.

Like one of the funniest from last season was the soap challenge because it's so relevant and suits the queen's humor. I just think they're chucking out far too many seasons and franchises without any original ideas.

I remember having to wait months between seasons and counting down the days until they were back, now there's a meet the queens every few weeks. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 17
Like one of the funniest from last season was the soap challenge because it's so relevant and suits the queen's humor. I just think they're chucking out far too many seasons and franchises without any original ideas.
The soap challenge was really good! And doing a soap challenge this year would be great because we've got a lot of funny queens, even the ones who aren't funny (Krystal) could find a way to make it work.
I've never liked the original drag race because I can't stand that kind of falsified american humour, but liked canadian drag race because it was just that bit different. I thought i'd like the drag race down under because aussie's tend to have a similar sense of humour to us but i couldn't gel with it i think because of ru americanising it.
I really enjoyed the first 2 seasons of druk but this one just feels so cookie cutter, theres so many different places you can go to make challenges that cater to a british sense of humour.

Reactions: 6
Yes on the soap challenge! Was Eastenders last year so could have done Corrie or Emmerdale or Holby City etc. So many

Reactions: 3
Holby CIty would've been good, I can just see Kitty dressed up as a slutty nurse.
Holby would've been a great one to do. Doesn't even have to be soap only. They could probably spoof/drag up a lot of TV shows and make it amazing.

Holby would've been a great one to do. Doesn't even have to be soap only. They could probably spoof/drag up a lot of TV shows and make it amazing.
Snog marry avoid could have been a good one that they can spoof up and a british classic

• Haha
Reactions: 14
snog marry avoid would be so jokes! A made in Chelsea vs towie vs geordie shore accent-off could be really funny

Some politicalish comedy drag challenge could have so much potential, but Ru and I guess bbc would be so careful in the edit that it would probably kill it

Reactions: 11
If they were to have more representation from all the countries in the UK, I’d LOVE to see a challenge whether it be acting, singing or whatever based on their specific country stereotypes. Like get people proper English/Scottish/Welsh/Northern Irish and see how they perform against each other. I think it would be great

Reactions: 2
I think it might’ve been done in the USA as a similar concept and it probably wouldn’t go down too well for obvious reasons but part of me would love a Jeremy Kyle show type challenge. Queens could really push their acting abilities with it and it might be really funny if it was super over the top.

I think another issue with More recent series is that the age demographic has changed. Whereas when DRusa started the average viewer was probably 25+ I feel these days it’s more a teens show (15-30 age range) there’s probably loads of great British pop culture references from really awful tacky tv from the 2000’s but I doubt some of the younger queens or audience would understand them. So they stick with tired formulas and challenges that have been done to death.

Reactions: 9
I didn't really "get" what they were trying to do this week and they seemed equally confused! It really did feel like an old episode of the US series, and nowhere near as funny.

Leigh-Anne Pinnock has as much personality as a cardboard cut-out. Don't understand why they didn't they have a Little Mix song to lip sync to either....loads of good choices rather than Shirley Bassey.

Reactions: 7
A X Factor or BGT challenge would be decent as well, lots of opportunity for bringing out pop culture references (you just know kitty would be dawn the jockey) the uk has so many iconic shows that don’t translate overseas and druk should be using that to its potential.
copying the American format has already run its course.

Reactions: 8
A X Factor or BGT challenge would be decent as well, lots of opportunity for bringing out pop culture references (you just know kitty would be dawn the jockey) the uk has so many iconic shows that don’t translate overseas and druk should be using that to its potential.
copying the American format has already run its course.
They won't do shows like that because they are ITV though. Maybe Strictly Cum Dancing

• Haha
So many opportunities to do UK- themed challenges but they are just rehashing previous well used ones.
The format is getting tired.

Reactions: 10
I think if the producers read this thread they'd get some ideas.

I know they did a baking mini challenge last year but I think a bake-off / Masterchef type challenge would be gas. Innuendo central.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Yes! With different charactures of tv chefs cos I’m still sad sumting wong didn’t do nigella for snatch game

Reactions: 4
Charity coming across really badly in her post exit interviews in my view.
Seems really bitter about the whole process, still cannot understand why nobody won Draglexa and thought their advert was great, complaining she never pleased the judges and about the unfair advantage conferred upon contestants with higher budgets. Its just a bit silly really as she must have known beforehand what challenges there are on Drag Race and its obvious from looking at previous contestants that you have to spend a lot to keep up with them. I also feel like she totally ignored the praise shr got for the detailing, artistry and intricacy of her outfits - the usual criticisms wetr that she wasn't trying to fit the brief. Which is totally fair btw - if you're going to get pissy about being told you didn't look or act like you were in a girl band, why enter a contest where every year there is a girl band challenge?! She comes across as pretty salty and noy particularly likeable in interviews in my view....

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.