Drag Race UK #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah, I'm always very aware that the winner needs to fit into the Rupaul/world of wonder mould. Bimini is also very into fashion and that side of drag and so different to Lawrence. Last year was similar, I thought Divina could have easily won it but probably "too British" for Ru...
Yeeesssss!
I hate that we could guess who would win. Exactly like last year! I did love every single minute of this series 💙

Reactions: 5
So... Anyone else upset about the drag race finale?

I spoke to my mum this morning and she is so disappointed. Tayce was her favourite and she really wanted her to win. She can't stand Lawrence, oh at all, but I explained that Tayce had won our Queen of Hearts so she'll be fine in the long run.
I don't think it would change tayce's life to have won as they are so confident in their drag and such a super star, they will crush anything they do. Should be noted that tayce actually did have equal badges to Bimini and Lawrence as she took the reigns for the Bing Bang Bong performance and got all of her team members a badge.
Truly wonder if they felt Lawerence would spiral without that win.
Bimini was robbed.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Well next series' Queens already have a high bar to aim for with the returning Veronica Green being a top contender.

I hope Veronica does Frank Sidebottom for Snatch Game. I'd gag.

• Haha
Yeah but her returning look wasn't great
I did wonder if her finances might have been hit during Covid. She's a touring musicals actor and that's an industry that has been utterly floored by Covid. Plus she's only done drag for a year so might not have the costume reserves built up by the other queens.

Reactions: 9
I think the next UK series should drop Michelle or Ru (or both). Jodie Harsh was briefly on the show and I could see her becoming a full time judge

• Wow
Reactions: 10
I’m absolutely gutted at the winner 😩 I literally couldn’t take my eyes off Tayce during the performance and Bimini has just smashed it every week, my jaw was literally on the ground when she came round the corner in that wedding dress. What a huge anticlimax.
I’m trying to think of the positive though and hopefully, like they said, LC winning will do a lot for the Scottish drag scene 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 11
I believe they’re currently filming for next series or have already wrapped filming. So I’m guessing S3 will get a November slot like they did with S1. I kinda feel bad for the winner because having two series in one year, especially where one winner wasn’t the result everyone wanted, will probably overshadow their win.

The Scum also leaked that an international all stars has been ordered, with Baga and Blu rumoured to be casted. I’m curious as to how filming will work considering we’re still in the middle of a pandemic.

Reactions: 9
The Scum also leaked that an international all stars has been ordered, with Baga and Blu rumoured to be casted. I’m curious as to how filming will work considering we’re still in the middle of a pandemic.
I believe because it is classed as work that cannot be done “at home” the travel is allowed depending on what country they decide to film be it the UK or the US. Not seen anything online but could the down under girls be eligible as well

Reactions: 2
Super disappointed with the winner. As everyone else has said, I was never excited by their looks and didn’t like their attitude either. Ru clearly decided they were the winner from the start. I cringe so hard whenever Ru starts screeching with laughter when they’ve barely said hello just because sCoTtIsH aCcEnT LOLOL

Anyone else notice Ru’s spaced out look during Tayce’s interview? He clearly didn’t have a clue what she was saying and kept looking at Michelle for translation. I was wincing watching it. Time for some British judges please!

Reactions: 14
Call me a witch but sorry what are those boobs? Bloody halfway up her chest, Drag Race UK royalty though:unsure: ... sure Jan.

51EBFDBD-FA21-49A0-ABC2-B0C5073F0533.jpeg

Reactions: 3
I believe because it is classed as work that cannot be done “at home” the travel is allowed depending on what country they decide to film be it the UK or the US. Not seen anything online but could the down under girls be eligible as well
US, UK, Canada and even Thailand are all eligible! I’m actually surprised that they’ve included the Thailand series seeing as it’s often neglected since RuPaul isn’t involved.

Reactions: 2
Call me a witch but sorry what are those boobs? Bloody halfway up her chest, Drag Race UK royalty though:unsure: ... sure Jan.

View attachment 489522
You’re a witch... You asked for it! 😂 This look is much better than the final runway sportswear... And eye makeup looks better too. I was roaring when she was slagging off young Lawrence’s hair which was better than Drag Race Lawrence’s hair!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I think the next UK series should drop Michelle or Ru (or both). Jodie Harsh was briefly on the show and I could see her becoming a full time judge
I'd love to see Tayce present it - such a natural on TV!

Super disappointed with the winner. As everyone else has said, I was never excited by their looks and didn’t like their attitude either. Ru clearly decided they were the winner from the start. I cringe so hard whenever Ru starts screeching with laughter when they’ve barely said hello just because sCoTtIsH aCcEnT LOLOL

Anyone else notice Ru’s spaced out look during Tayce’s interview? He clearly didn’t have a clue what she was saying and kept looking at Michelle for translation. I was wincing watching it. Time for some British judges please!
So odd as he doesn't have what I'd class as a strong accent either myself being Welsh born, lived in England half my life, Cardiff the rest!

Reactions: 7
You’re a witch... You asked for it! 😂 This look is much better than the final runway sportswear... And eye makeup looks better too. I was roaring when she was slagging off young Lawrence’s hair which was better than Drag Race Lawrence’s hair!
Trust me, young Lawrence's hair did not look as good as it did in that photo! The new hair suits him much better 😂

.I'm happy with the winner. I'd have been happy with any of the top 4 tbh though did think Tayce and Ellie weren't as strong. Bimini started off shake but then pulled out some amazing challenges and looks, whereas Lawrence started off strong and stayed strong

It's a shame the hate online has started. I agree with Vivienne. It's a TV show.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.