Drag Race UK #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I honestly do get what people were raving about with Bimini??? I know I'm old fashioned and biased cos I'm from Glasgow, but I loved Lawrence. For me they're a classic British Queen.

I also loved Tayce. They were better than the dancers in the final challenge 😂 😂 😂 But their runways weren't in the same league as Lawrence or Bimini.

I wasn't that fond of Ellie's runways either - every samey.

I liked Bimini but I think they were a bit too high end fashion for me. I hated that stoned thing they did and the panto wasn't panto enough. But they improved massively from the first half of the season. Also the handstands and splits, while impressive, said acrobat not Drag Queen to me.

But I do sympathise with you when your favourite doesn't win. I was raging last year when Diving DeCampo didn't win.

Reactions: 9
I did wonder if her finances might have been hit during Covid. She's a touring musicals actor and that's an industry that has been utterly floored by Covid. Plus she's only done drag for a year so might not have the costume reserves built up by the other queens.
Not sure if it’s being mentioned but Divina De Campo does a fabulous podcast talking to all the eliminated contestants. So many of them have being left skint or reliant on partners.Joe Black sold half all his runway looks unaware she’d be back as most relied on live shows to make their living.

Queens in lockdown changed my opinion so much, it’s such a shame the footage wasn’t in the main show

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Not sure if it’s being mentioned but Divina De Campo does a fabulous podcast talking to all the eliminated contestants. So many of them have being left skint or reliant on partners.Joe Black sold half all his runway looks unaware she’d be back as most relied on live shows to make their living.

Queens in lockdown changed my opinion so much, it’s such a shame the footage wasn’t in the main show
What’s the podcast called? Is it on Spotify? I need a good podcast to listen to that isn’t nonsense or preachy self help

Divina's podcast is great fun, I'm not into podcasts but really enjoyed theirs. Definitely worth listening to!

Reactions: 2

Yes, that extra show was quite illuminating. Veronica was very open about her depression and who could blame her? I was made redundant after being on furlough for most of lockdown but luckily OH can support our family. But it was still hard to have a job and income taken away from me. I can't even imagine what the entertainment industry is going through.

I'll have a look for that podcast. Love Divinia after seeing her host a drag show in Glasgow. Lovely, warm person but much smaller than she looks on TV â˜ș

Reactions: 8
happy for Lawrence, thought they were hilarious but I was still surprised they won. Thought Bimini had it in the bad. Tayce was my favourite

Reactions: 6
People need to remember that it’s Ru Paul’s favourite who wins, not necessarily the best or most deserving Queen. LC was Ru’s clear favourite from the start and could do no wrong/was not penalised in the same way as others for mistakes.

No one deserves hate, certainly not the contestants: if you have an issue with the winner surely you would be upset with RP who makes the final decision!

Reactions: 11
To be honest, once it’s over, it exits my head. I can’t imagine tracking someone down online to comment positively or negatively to their faces. It’s just a tv show. It’s like those people who think soap characters are real and send them hate mail. Utterly bizarre. I’d forgotten most of the names from series 1 until I read here

Reactions: 24
To be honest, once it’s over, it exits my head. I can’t imagine tracking someone down online to comment positively or negatively to their faces. It’s just a tv show. It’s like those people who think soap characters are real and send them hate mail. Utterly bizarre. I’d forgotten most of the names from series 1 until I read here
But you’re doing that here. You are commenting 😂

Reactions: 1
But you’re doing that here. You are commenting 😂
Yes, but that’s not to their faces? That’s my point, I’d never seek one of the queens out to say “You were not my winner” on their Twitter as some people have been doing. I can’t understand caring enough about a tv show to say it to their faces or say it a month later

Reactions: 16
Yes, but that’s not to their faces? That’s my point, I’d never seek one of the queens out to say “You were not my winner” on their Twitter as some people have been doing. I can’t understand caring enough about a tv show to say it to their faces or say it a month later
I agree. I have a WhatsApp group with my friends about drag race where we share our opinions, same as on here. I would never go onto twitter and hound people for how I feel.
That goes for every thread I follow on here. Just because I have opinions doesn't mean I'm then going to go and message the person. If they look for it here, that's down to them đŸ€Ł

Reactions: 7
Fierce! Slay! Talk!
Thank you for this! Love Divina and always wanted a bit more Drag Race in my week without it being commentary from someone I don't know (although a bit late in the day now obviously!)

So sad it's over, that was a ruddy brilliant series.

I genuinely felt my stomach drop when the winner was announced. Agree with everyone that I see more of the runners up from last series though so that's reassuring! I think the majority of the contestants from this group will do well as it feels like there has been a lot more mainstream hype this time.

Interestingly, my American pal loves LC which makes me wonder if the Scottish accent/humour (which I also love- ZERO disrespect) is just such a novelty for those not from the UK.

Reactions: 4
I must have watched Tayce’s verse in A Little Bit of Love about ten times since I first saw it. I am obsessed! She is just incredible.

Reactions: 9
I’m really late to adding my thoughts to this cos I hadn’t realized there was a new thread!! I was really not fussed on who won out of the top 3 as in I would of been happy with any of them winning and can totally see why Lawrence won. That being said, based on the final episode and the final episode alone I actually think Tayce was the best on the night alone. I think I wanted Bimini and Tayce to win more mind you.

Also Lawrence winning just means we can have Bimini and Tayce on All Stars soooooo whose the real winners here? US!!!

Reactions: 8
Just seen a tweet from Awhora about fans finding photos of them as children? Anyone know what’s going on there? Feel like I’ve missed something!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.