Drag Race UK #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I AM SO MAD WHAT THE duck

Bimini is drag race royalty through and through!

Thank you for saying this I couldn’t agree more, at least make the favouritism less obvious:sleep: Lawrence’s attitude as we got closer to the end really pissed me off, can’t just drop the whole running order from Ellie can you? Also tiny little thing but I noticed Lawrence not clapping when Ellie was sent to the back of the stage ... funny cos I thought you were meant to stick together being Scottish and ‘bezzie mates’ and all that big speech you made (yes I know could be editing etc but I just don’t like her vibe one bit). Seeing her struggle to think of her own dance moves and having a little strop doesn’t make you the next UK Drag Race Winner, sorry just my opinion.
I could be wrong but I get the feeling that Lawrence isn’t that genuine in his friendship to Ellie. If he can twist something into a critique of her he chooses to do so. I wonder if he fears her outshining him.

I also could see what Ellie meant about Lawrence’s mistakes last week tripping her up with her own lines. I don’t understand the repeated jibes from him on that.

I like that Ellie and Awhora are really close friends now.

Reactions: 14
I wasn't surprised at the winner but I was slightly disappointed. They were all good though - I was impressed by Ellie in the final and Tayce took my breath away in the final task.

Reactions: 9
I wonder if she won because her Hollywood tv show might be a bit more comical?
The thing is, Bimini won 2 comedy challenges, they won for fashion, singing/dancing and acting as well. So like I literally have no idea whatsoever how Lawrence managed to snag the win at the end because from what I've interpreted, he was just a sore loser throughout and felt like he was owed something ever since the first week when he started off with the mini challenge win. Not a bad queen by any means but just not as perfect as Ru wanted us to believe. If anyone else would've made mistakes in the final performance, it would've written them off as the winner, not sealed the deal for them.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Well if lockdown 9 happens at least we'll have an amazing RPDRUK All Stars to see us through

Named my newborn kitten Mimini after my Queen. At least one pussy in my house had some action this pandemic

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Also in my opinion Tayce won the final performance challenge, absolutely loved it, she killed it, such a fantastic performer. Bimini was good too but Tayce was really standout.

Reactions: 28
I mean I get maybe to American judges/audiences the Scottish accent might be really funny but when you’re from the UK you are literally surrounded by Scottish people so it’s not a novelty ffs 😭 yes I get Scottish people can be HILAIRE and Lawrence did have her moment tbf, it just bugged me she would say ‘hi ru Paul’ and Ru would be like HAHAHAHAHAOMFG - know your audience!!

also did anyone catch when Alan or graham made a reference to Claires Accessories and ru and Michelle were pissing themselves - I was like witch do you even know what Claires is? 😂 do they have it in America?

I do really cringe at Michelle trying to act like she is a fully fledged British person throwing out any welsh name she knows ‘is Newport near the valleys?’ Imagine being like ‘oh is LA near New York?’ 😂😂
It’s an American chain - they only came here in the 90s. They’ve been in America since the 60s! But I totally get your point though, it feels like they have to “get” everything, when some of it is so localised, it’s doesn’t mean anything to Brits

Reactions: 3
♥ ♥ ♥ Well I'm absolutely delighted that Lawrence won the crown 👑👑👑 I've said this before, but I just didn't get Bimini's drag - some of their outfits were too out there for me. For me Lawrence was a traditional British Queen - funny and self decrypting. Lawrence could have the same sort of career as Paul O'Grady - possibly what they're aiming for.

And I also think that Lawrence was robbed of at least one badge especially the Stoned and Panto badges. I honestly didn't see the favouritism that other people saw.

Now I know my opinion won't be popular - but as we would say in Glasgow

ROON YA - ALL HAIL QUEEN LAWRENCE

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Also in my opinion Tayce won the final performance challenge, absolutely loved it, she killed it, such a fantastic performer. Bimini was good too but Tayce was really standout.
She was great and has been underrated by Ru and Michelle and I think she knows this which is sad for her. I hope she goes onto have a good career and can harness that charisma, charm and warmth; her confessionals were a highlight of the show.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I very much feel like Ru can’t understand Tayce due to accent (which is ridiculous as it’s v mild). He looks so vacant any time Tayce speaks 🤣

Reactions: 19
Lawrence Chaney is on Radio 2 now if anyone’s interested in their interview!

Stupid question but I’m genuinely wondering: how long have the contestants known about the winner? When was the finale filmed? On the radio, Lawrence is saying how he’s in shock, hasn’t slept since last night etc, making it sound very recent. Unless he just means he’s in shock because it was only announced to the world last night?

Reactions: 1
They film a winning reaction for each finalist to avoid spoilers, then edit the winner for broadcast.

Although I do like the winner I shouted ‘NO!!’ when it was announced (and scared the cat!) 🤣 I think someone else deserved the win more but they were all bloody brilliant! Let’s hope great things happen for them all!! 🎉
Pretty much the same! Also I really don’t like those lipsynchs with 4 people on stage all trying to outdo each other …too chaotic.

• Heart
I thought Lawrence’s final runway was rubbish. It wasn’t eleganza.

That’s the thing about Lawrence, there was never much variation with the runway outfits. Same silhouette always. Same panto dame makeup. It would have been a gag to see a rhinestone ballgown or something - purely to showcase that “versatility” the judges are always after.

Reactions: 28
Not a ,
I thought Lawrence’s final runway was rubbish. It wasn’t eleganza.

That’s the thing about Lawrence, there was never much variation with the runway outfits. Same silhouette always. Same panto dame makeup. It would have been a gag to see a rhinestone ballgown or something - purely to showcase that “versatility” the judges are always after.
Completely agree. I think sometimes because Lawerence is a bigger queen she hasn’t being challenged on the lack of changing her look, she’s being allowed to stay in her comfort zone for something that is sort of expected for a ‘bigger girl’. She’s has some great looks I agree, but none have being outside the box.

I do feel for her though, imagine watching last night to find out you’ve won and literally every where you go everyone is disappointed. I can see her being moulded into a commercial success, whereas I think Bimini losing is probably better for her in the long run.

Reactions: 13
I spoke to my mum this morning and she is so disappointed. Tayce was her favourite and she really wanted her to win. She can't stand Lawrence, oh at all, but I explained that Tayce had won our Queen of Hearts so she'll be fine in the long run.

Reactions: 4
I think most of the cast will do well now that the series has ended. Pretty much all of them were genuinely likeable and very talented.

Bimini was probably a bit too "edgy" for Rupaul and I don't think he knew what to make of them. That's one of the issues with having Rupaul judge the UK edition, and a lot of references flew over his head, but it's his show I suppose. But you know what you're getting with Lawrence and they're more classic drag.

Sad it's over now! Next years series has a lot to live up to...

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I think most of the cast will do well now that the series has ended. Pretty much all of them were genuinely likeable and very talented.

Bimini was probably a bit too "edgy" for Rupaul and I don't think he knew what to make of them. That's one of the issues with having Rupaul judge the UK edition, and a lot of references flew over his head, but it's his show I suppose. But you know what you're getting with Lawrence and they're more classic drag.

Sad it's over now! Next years series has a lot to live up to...
I think Lawrence will be easier to manipulate too to what they want their show to be. Bimini wouldn't do things they didn't want to do.

I will miss it so much. US is still here but who are they?! 🤣

Reactions: 6
I think Lawrence will be easier to manipulate too to what they want their show to be. Bimini wouldn't do things they didn't want to do.

I will miss it so much. US is still here but who are they?! 🤣
Yeah, I'm always very aware that the winner needs to fit into the Rupaul/world of wonder mould. Bimini is also very into fashion and that side of drag and so different to Lawrence. Last year was similar, I thought Divina could have easily won it but probably "too British" for Ru...

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.