Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Pawpaw365

VIP Member
She doesn’t need those sales for the garage at all. She just wants sales and this is her (dishonest) way of getting them. Just like obtaining money for her wedding and cricut.
Her sales are going to be like what, £20 max maybe? So that £40 is going to be enough to push her over her target for the builder to do work? What a load nonsense. She’s an absolute beg and the way she asks for sales is awful. Pity sales.

Reactions: 6

Starrysky

Chatty Member
I have only just come across this thread, I am glad I did. Something about her just didn’t sit right with me and I just couldn’t put my finger on it. I only found her (through Instagram suggestions) about 2 months ago.

Straight away I was noticing the ‘your purchases feed my family.’ I was like woah! You can’t guilt trip people into buying your stuff. The most recent thing that did it for me was the ‘thank you to the one person that made an order today!’ A bit passive aggressive if you ask me, you can’t have a go at people because they haven’t bought what you sell.

So here’s a thing... I used to draw cartoons, characters etc and made stickers. Purely as a hobby as I work full time. I sold them as it seemed a waste to just have them sat there, I really did love making them. But working meant I didn’t have the time to keep up with orders. I could never justify the hundreds of pounds on a cricut machine so I hand cut my stickers, I never had third parties make them either, it held a risk of having more than I could sell.

My point is, the ‘sticker paper’ is expensive in comparison to normal paper but it’s actually not that expensive. I honestly cannot believe her mark up! The vinyl I bought worked out at 48p per sheet. My most expensive sticker was 50p. Why? Because I could fit so many of them on one sheet. And I’m talking stickers the same size as the ones she sells for £2.50. My mind is blown! The sticker sheets she sells for around the same price have about 10-15 small stickers on. My multipacks of 15-20 were £2. And I hand cut them. I don’t get the mark ups. Even with ink costs and electricity, she is still very expensive for very simple designs.

Don’t even get me started on the price of her pins. I know how much they cost to make 😂

I’ll get down from my soap box now. I’m just glad I found somewhere to get that off my chest. With reading how she has previously begged for money too I felt quite comfortable doing so.

I am intrigued though, how come she has two Instagram accounts? One is dorkfaceart with 100 odd followers and her main one, dorkfacecreates?

Sorry, I’ve just noticed how long my essay is. Can you tell she bothered me a bit 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: 6

Penny Sweets

I wonder if she would sell as much if she didn't have the followers. She already had almost/over 10 thousand when she started selling her doodles.

Because face it, that's what they are. They're not intricate or detailed in any way. I'm sure you could find a large amount of people selling exactly the same thing. I imagine people are buying them because they got sucked into the "your purchase will help my family eat this week" melodrama that is Dorkface's life.

Reactions: 5

Spagbol

Had to look up a thread for her today after her stories. Can’t work because there’s a spider in her office. You really can’t make it up!!
I’m so glad I came across this thread tbh, I’ve followed for a little while now and bought a couple of things but I can’t be doing with the constant beg. And every time I see the Schitts Creek prints I’m just like 😳 they’re so bad. Good to get it off my chest haha.

Dogleggedhat

VIP Member
Does anyone follow her? Used to quite enjoy her content as it’s nice and colourful and her son is adorable but she just seems to me to permanently be on the scrounge now! Just seen a tweet where she is going to ‘surprise 2-3 people with a gift’ and has then posted her own amazon wishlist in case anyone was interested. I also remember a bit of drama surrounding her wedding where she was on the scrounge and couldn’t pay bills but bought herself a pair of trainers with birthday money because it was ‘treat money’. How does that logic work?! Crap having to spend birthday money to cover the bills but surely priorities beat treats? I appreciate being self employed and selling your stuff online can be challenging but if it’s really not giving you the money you need would it not be better to take on a part time job to supplement earnings?
I dunno,I just find her quite grabby which is a shame as I like some of her stuff but would never buy it because of this.

Dogleggedhat

VIP Member
The "I need money to feed my family" is really getting to me now. It's a complete guilt trip. Plus has anyone else noticed how often she says "I'm not going to be here very much" but then...is? Still posting "ooh look what I have for sale, meme, I'm drinking a cider, here's a pic of the back of my child's head (pointless since she's started sending out pics of all three of them in orders) meme, complaint about working so hard and never having any time, please order my things or you're literally taking food from my child's mouth, meme, order update..." Etc etc. If you're working so hard why not just NOT post every five minutes?
Yeah because the rest of us don’t need to worry about feeding and caring for our kids 🙄 when did she stop showing her kids face?
She is such a bore-if things were so tough they wouldn’t have had a massive dominos-not saying that people on low incomes can’t have treats as of course they can,but to beg and plead for other people to spend money in her shop to ‘feed her family’ and then spend it foolishly is annoying-maybe that’s judgemental of me but I just find her so annoying and grabby.

Reactions: 4

Starrysky

Chatty Member
I think she needs to acknowledge the followers that paid for this trip after constant begging for money 🤷🏻‍♀️

IMG_1591.jpeg

‘Oh I can’t afford my bills, please donate to me or buy more of my stuff.’

Dammit that didn’t work, best up the anti…

‘Oh I can’t afford the vet bills for my cat, please donate or buy more of my stuff.’

Penny Sweets

I see Jemma is back on the sharing every sale bandwagon. Only x amount of sales needed today to reach my goal. Buy buy buy my tat!

How do people fall for this?

Dogleggedhat

VIP Member
She’s the queen of guilt trip sales. Also, lockdown means lockdown... 🙄
God she is such a prick-get a fucking job to pay for your renovation work ffs-if your stuff was good enough people would buy it without you having to beg and guilt trip people. Pretty sure people’s priorities are other things aside from funding your garage reno love. 😒

I have only just come across this thread, I am glad I did. Something about her just didn’t sit right with me and I just couldn’t put my finger on it. I only found her (through Instagram suggestions) about 2 months ago.

Straight away I was noticing the ‘your purchases feed my family.’ I was like woah! You can’t guilt trip people into buying your stuff. The most recent thing that did it for me was the ‘thank you to the one person that made an order today!’ A bit passive aggressive if you ask me, you can’t have a go at people because they haven’t bought what you sell.

So here’s a thing... I used to draw cartoons, characters etc and made stickers. Purely as a hobby as I work full time. I sold them as it seemed a waste to just have them sat there, I really did love making them. But working meant I didn’t have the time to keep up with orders. I could never justify the hundreds of pounds on a cricut machine so I hand cut my stickers, I never had third parties make them either, it held a risk of having more than I could sell.

My point is, the ‘sticker paper’ is expensive in comparison to normal paper but it’s actually not that expensive. I honestly cannot believe her mark up! The vinyl I bought worked out at 48p per sheet. My most expensive sticker was 50p. Why? Because I could fit so many of them on one sheet. And I’m talking stickers the same size as the ones she sells for £2.50. My mind is blown! The sticker sheets she sells for around the same price have about 10-15 small stickers on. My multipacks of 15-20 were £2. And I hand cut them. I don’t get the mark ups. Even with ink costs and electricity, she is still very expensive for very simple designs.

Don’t even get me started on the price of her pins. I know how much they cost to make 😂

I’ll get down from my soap box now. I’m just glad I found somewhere to get that off my chest. With reading how she has previously begged for money too I felt quite comfortable doing so.

I am intrigued though, how come she has two Instagram accounts? One is dorkfaceart with 100 odd followers and her main one, dorkfacecreates?

Sorry, I’ve just noticed how long my essay is. Can you tell she bothered me a bit 😂
Thanks for the info on the costings,it just makes her irritate me even more lol. I see she also has a dork face draws account-they both refer to her main account as dorkfaceblogs so I assume these are old accounts-not sure what the need was for all the extra accounts though?

lollipop89

I feel the same. She set up a page so people would donate towards her wedding drinks (I believe) and a few days before spent £60 on Vans. When it was brought up she went offline for days, saying her wedding and Christmas were married.

A lot of people wanted to give her money as a gift which is fine but it's like me asking my friends for £50 towards my rent and then saying "Look at my new jeans" it isn't right.

stopthescams

Chatty Member
She says she’s poor and basically spams Instagram begging for people to buy her stuff but she can get a tattoo in the middle of a pandemic alright. Weird priorities.

Starrysky

Chatty Member
She has no shame does she. What a trait to have when you have a child looking up to you.

The fact she says the outstanding orders number is going down is quite telling. For a successful business it would be a steady number of constant outstanding orders. She just has this influx from begging. Once they’re done she will be back to having no orders. Give up you dick! And get a real job.

Going back to my suspicions with this whole vet bill saga. I’m starting to think that perhaps she does have insurance, but needs spending money for Disney. It’s not cheap to go there, food, shops etc. She is just a dishonest, lying (insert your own word here) whatever it is she has concocted. Saying she needed bill money didn’t work so she upped the stakes.

Penny Sweets

Poor Dorkface has the worst luck. I’ve honestly never known someone with as much bad luck as her. If only there was some way I could buy some pointless tat off of her to ease her worries and woes.

• Haha
Reactions: 3

snoopygirl

I don’t like that she’s added Klarna as a payment option. Like there’s no reason people should be using something that affects their credit to buy stickers.

Dogleggedhat

VIP Member
Eugh ridiculous,can’t stand all this ‘I’m really worried about my finances’ followed up by extravagant purchases. I mean,from a business perspective it’s just silly to buy something dearer when you can buy a cheaper version that does the exact same things-how many items will she have to sell to make up the difference?! I see she said in her stories she had tried to actively save for one for two years and wasn’t able to-maybe if it was a priority she shouldn’t have bought some of the other shite she did?!

also saw in her stories that she is hoping her shop will make enough sales to support Gary going to uni to be a nurse so definitely expecting an influx of ‘poor me/help my husband live his dream’ etc bollocks nearer the time.

it’s annoying because I actually think her stuff is really cute but I couldn’t support her

Last edited:

Dogleggedhat

VIP Member
It’s not fair, or a very good sales technique to guilt trip people into buying her stock. I also thought her sales fed her family? Now she’s saying they fund her garage conversion. She can’t keep up with her guilt trip lies.

She’s guilting people into buying her calendar today too. Doesn’t she realise people will buy one if they truly like it. Not because they feel they have to.

Like you said, she just needs to go and get a job. No she’d raise the money quicker and have a stable income to support her family.

She obviously has more money coming in somewhere, she just likes to make out she doesn’t to keep the guilt trip up. There’s no way her sales fund general day to day life, bills, materials, food etc and the garage conversion.
Yeah it used to be a guilt trip about feeding her family and then it was her wedding and now it’s something else-wondering how on earth 20 sales would be sufficient to hire someone to start building work-I’m calling bullshit. Even if I loved her stuff I couldn’t bring myself to buy because I can’t stand the tactics she uses,it’s so gross. Imagine some really compassionate person seeing her begs and buying one of her items because they feel bad for her-if i ran a business I would be mortified if people were buying things out of sympathy.

MamaRu

I thought she wasn’t selling fandom things anymore? She’s got lots of Harry Potter etc stuff on her shop right now. Clearly realised that no one care about her original shit, they just want cheap unofficial merch

Bestkeptsecret

As much as I believe people should be able to pursue their dreams etc. but if her money situation is that dire, she’s struggling that much etc. then would you look for a job? Even a small one, something that worked around childcare or something that even enabled her to still do the business. I have friends who have a business alongside a small job - they do it because they love their own small biz but need the money to feed their families. Why constantly beg what I assume are likely vulnerable people to buy her terrible, knock off, substandard products?
Especially as she has been beating the drum of “help me I’m so poor” etc etc for what eight years now?!