Dorkface

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder if she would sell as much if she didn't have the followers. She already had almost/over 10 thousand when she started selling her doodles.

Because face it, that's what they are. They're not intricate or detailed in any way. I'm sure you could find a large amount of people selling exactly the same thing. I imagine people are buying them because they got sucked into the "your purchase will help my family eat this week" melodrama that is Dorkface's life.

Reactions: 5
I wonder if she would sell as much if she didn't have the followers. She already had almost/over 10 thousand when she started selling her doodles.

Because face it, that's what they are. They're not intricate or detailed in any way. I'm sure you could find a large amount of people selling exactly the same thing. I imagine people are buying them because they got sucked into the "your purchase will help my family eat this week" melodrama that is Dorkface's life.
Why did she have so many followers before she was selling,what was she doing?

I remember she was blogging all the time but she networked herself on twitter constantly which is why I think she built up so many followers
She used to follow lots of people and unfollow as soon as they followed her back, I remember blocking her for it years ago because it got so annoying

Reactions: 1
She used to follow lots of people and unfollow as soon as they followed her back, I remember blocking her for it years ago because it got so annoying
yeah I can imagine her doing that

I remember she was very relentless on the timeline but I remember thinking her actual content wasn’t that great

I think I'm going to start selling childlike drawings. Then I might be able to afford to treat myself to almost nightly ciders, random over priced stickers and tattoos.

I guess they don't have to worry about rent or mortgage payments but still!

Reactions: 2
I think I'm going to start selling childlike drawings. Then I might be able to afford to treat myself to almost nightly ciders, random over priced stickers and tattoos.

Who owns their house?

His family I think? I might be wrong but I remember when I did follow her that's why they were moving there
oooh I always wanted to know why they moved,!8 stopped following her for ages, and I did wonder cos their place seems pretty big for someone who claims they’re always poor. Thanks!

Did she get a new tattoo today? I saw the pic of the polly pocket one,I’m sure it was expensive enough! I’m in Northern Ireland and our tattoo parlours are closed again,the England rules confuse me.

I confess I do find her autumn and winter potion pins cute but the ‘if 15 more want one then I will order another batch’ is so annoying.

Also is it necessary to post a story for every order you get towards 100 🙄

She says she’s poor and basically spams Instagram begging for people to buy her stuff but she can get a tattoo in the middle of a pandemic alright. Weird priorities.

Reactions: 4
I have only just come across this thread, I am glad I did. Something about her just didn’t sit right with me and I just couldn’t put my finger on it. I only found her (through Instagram suggestions) about 2 months ago.

Straight away I was noticing the ‘your purchases feed my family.’ I was like woah! You can’t guilt trip people into buying your stuff. The most recent thing that did it for me was the ‘thank you to the one person that made an order today!’ A bit passive aggressive if you ask me, you can’t have a go at people because they haven’t bought what you sell.

So here’s a thing... I used to draw cartoons, characters etc and made stickers. Purely as a hobby as I work full time. I sold them as it seemed a waste to just have them sat there, I really did love making them. But working meant I didn’t have the time to keep up with orders. I could never justify the hundreds of pounds on a cricut machine so I hand cut my stickers, I never had third parties make them either, it held a risk of having more than I could sell.

My point is, the ‘sticker paper’ is expensive in comparison to normal paper but it’s actually not that expensive. I honestly cannot believe her mark up! The vinyl I bought worked out at 48p per sheet. My most expensive sticker was 50p. Why? Because I could fit so many of them on one sheet. And I’m talking stickers the same size as the ones she sells for £2.50. My mind is blown! The sticker sheets she sells for around the same price have about 10-15 small stickers on. My multipacks of 15-20 were £2. And I hand cut them. I don’t get the mark ups. Even with ink costs and electricity, she is still very expensive for very simple designs.

Don’t even get me started on the price of her pins. I know how much they cost to make 😂

I’ll get down from my soap box now. I’m just glad I found somewhere to get that off my chest. With reading how she has previously begged for money too I felt quite comfortable doing so.

I am intrigued though, how come she has two Instagram accounts? One is dorkfaceart with 100 odd followers and her main one, dorkfacecreates?

Sorry, I’ve just noticed how long my essay is. Can you tell she bothered me a bit 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
She’s the queen of guilt trip sales. Also, lockdown means lockdown... 🙄
God she is such a prick-get a bleeping job to pay for your renovation work ffs-if your stuff was good enough people would buy it without you having to beg and guilt trip people. Pretty sure people’s priorities are other things aside from funding your garage reno love. 😒

I have only just come across this thread, I am glad I did. Something about her just didn’t sit right with me and I just couldn’t put my finger on it. I only found her (through Instagram suggestions) about 2 months ago.

Straight away I was noticing the ‘your purchases feed my family.’ I was like woah! You can’t guilt trip people into buying your stuff. The most recent thing that did it for me was the ‘thank you to the one person that made an order today!’ A bit passive aggressive if you ask me, you can’t have a go at people because they haven’t bought what you sell.

So here’s a thing... I used to draw cartoons, characters etc and made stickers. Purely as a hobby as I work full time. I sold them as it seemed a waste to just have them sat there, I really did love making them. But working meant I didn’t have the time to keep up with orders. I could never justify the hundreds of pounds on a cricut machine so I hand cut my stickers, I never had third parties make them either, it held a risk of having more than I could sell.

My point is, the ‘sticker paper’ is expensive in comparison to normal paper but it’s actually not that expensive. I honestly cannot believe her mark up! The vinyl I bought worked out at 48p per sheet. My most expensive sticker was 50p. Why? Because I could fit so many of them on one sheet. And I’m talking stickers the same size as the ones she sells for £2.50. My mind is blown! The sticker sheets she sells for around the same price have about 10-15 small stickers on. My multipacks of 15-20 were £2. And I hand cut them. I don’t get the mark ups. Even with ink costs and electricity, she is still very expensive for very simple designs.

Don’t even get me started on the price of her pins. I know how much they cost to make 😂

I’ll get down from my soap box now. I’m just glad I found somewhere to get that off my chest. With reading how she has previously begged for money too I felt quite comfortable doing so.

I am intrigued though, how come she has two Instagram accounts? One is dorkfaceart with 100 odd followers and her main one, dorkfacecreates?

Sorry, I’ve just noticed how long my essay is. Can you tell she bothered me a bit 😂
Thanks for the info on the costings,it just makes her irritate me even more lol. I see she also has a dork face draws account-they both refer to her main account as dorkfaceblogs so I assume these are old accounts-not sure what the need was for all the extra accounts though?

Reactions: 4
God she is such a prick-get a bleeping job to pay for your renovation work ffs-if your stuff was good enough people would buy it without you having to beg and guilt trip people. Pretty sure people’s priorities are other things aside from funding your garage reno love. 😒

Thanks for the info on the costings,it just makes her irritate me even more lol. I see she also has a dork face draws account-they both refer to her main account as dorkfaceblogs so I assume these are old accounts-not sure what the need was for all the extra accounts though?

It’s not fair, or a very good sales technique to guilt trip people into buying her stock. I also thought her sales fed her family? Now she’s saying they fund her garage conversion. She can’t keep up with her guilt trip lies.

She’s guilting people into buying her calendar today too. Doesn’t she realise people will buy one if they truly like it. Not because they feel they have to.

Like you said, she just needs to go and get a job. No she’d raise the money quicker and have a stable income to support her family.

She obviously has more money coming in somewhere, she just likes to make out she doesn’t to keep the guilt trip up. There’s no way her sales fund general day to day life, bills, materials, food etc and the garage conversion.

Reactions: 2
Imagine typing that whole spiel. She really is so bloody shameless, it beggars belief!
Surely a small business would rather make sales because people actually like what they make rather than guilting people into purchasing.

It’s not fair, or a very good sales technique to guilt trip people into buying her stock. I also thought her sales fed her family? Now she’s saying they fund her garage conversion. She can’t keep up with her guilt trip lies.

She’s guilting people into buying her calendar today too. Doesn’t she realise people will buy one if they truly like it. Not because they feel they have to.

Like you said, she just needs to go and get a job. No she’d raise the money quicker and have a stable income to support her family.

She obviously has more money coming in somewhere, she just likes to make out she doesn’t to keep the guilt trip up. There’s no way her sales fund general day to day life, bills, materials, food etc and the garage conversion.
Yeah it used to be a guilt trip about feeding her family and then it was her wedding and now it’s something else-wondering how on earth 20 sales would be sufficient to hire someone to start building work-I’m calling bullshit. Even if I loved her stuff I couldn’t bring myself to buy because I can’t stand the tactics she uses,it’s so gross. Imagine some really compassionate person seeing her begs and buying one of her items because they feel bad for her-if i ran a business I would be mortified if people were buying things out of sympathy.

Reactions: 3