Doireann O’Leary #3 But I heard the hubby is a surgeon!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jesus I’ve said it before but would he stop with the bloody reels. This latest one is particularly annoying me for a few reasons…I shall elaborate…
1. The seriously dodge under eye brightening with concealer at least 10 shade lighter than her face/body.
2. The ridiculous nose contouring.
3. The shocking lip sync is way off.
**And lastly but most seriously **
4. The fact she is advertising/recommending a prescription only medicine like Tretinoin, most decent doctors will only prescribe this for a legitimate medical reason e.g. major acne scarring etc. but she is advising to ask your doctor for it for beauty/anti aging reasons 😡

Reactions: 10
...... The fact she is advertising/recommending a prescription only medicine like Tretinoin, most decent doctors will only prescribe this for a legitimate medical reason e.g. major acne scarring etc. but she is advising to ask your doctor for it for beauty/anti aging reasons 😡
sure what's wrong with that? The most important thing is how you look, isn't it?!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Jesus I’ve said it before but would he stop with the bloody reels. This latest one is particularly annoying me for a few reasons…I shall elaborate…
1. The seriously dodge under eye brightening with concealer at least 10 shade lighter than her face/body.
2. The ridiculous nose contouring.
3. The shocking lip sync is way off.
**And lastly but most seriously **
4. The fact she is advertising/recommending a prescription only medicine like Tretinoin, most decent doctors will only prescribe this for a legitimate medical reason e.g. major acne scarring etc. but she is advising to ask your doctor for it for beauty/anti aging reasons 😡
I asked a friend whos in Medicine about this recently and she said most GP's won't prescribe that, they'll send you for a derm consult first and they prescribe.

Drlaura said the same. Doireann did say best to go to a dr in an aesthetic clinic. Anyone seen her on tv, is she as robotic

I think you’re thinking of Isotretinoin, like Accutane. Only Consultant Dermatologists can prescribe that. But GP’s can prescribe Tretinoin, it’s similar to a retinol cream, I get it from my GP all the time.

I asked a friend whos in Medicine about this recently and she said most GP's won't prescribe that, they'll send you for a derm consult first and they prescribe.

I think you’re thinking of Isotretinoin, like Accutane. Only Consultant Dermatologists can prescribe that. But GP’s can prescribe Tretinoin, it’s similar to a retinol cream, I get it from my GP all the time.
Nope, I asked about Tretinoin as I see a lot of Americans get it prescription free afaik.

Accutane is a whole other kettle of fish, horrible side effects for a lot of people. But I'm sure Dr. D is raving about it to patients!

Oh I don’t know about your friend then, maybe his/her speciality can’t prescribe it but GP’s can? I’ve never had issues getting it from my GP. I was on Accutane years ago too with very mild side effects, a friend asked me recently if I’d recommend it and I raved about it too 🤣 best decision I ever made!

Nope, I asked about Tretinoin as I see a lot of Americans get it prescription free afaik.

Accutane is a whole other kettle of fish, horrible side effects for a lot of people. But I'm sure Dr. D is raving about it to patients!

Reactions: 1
Didn’t she work for a clinic that had a SISU aesthetic clinic attached to the practice a while back?

My cork GP with Dr Nick

Before that she was working with video doc.

She’s changed jobs every 6
Months which usually isn’t a good sign & it’s not rotations she’s qualified

Reactions: 6
Love the poor engagement on her supplement competitions. Also very telling the 4000 followers on her supplement insta page. Flop for sure.

Also what a waste of food being sent to her!!!

Reactions: 7
It’s a terrible range. No unique selling point, not vegan, not clean. Completely overpriced. It's basically the same tesco supplements at 10 times the cost. Plus her post yesterday about hydrochloroquine is so inaccurate. Those creams are only prescribed in anaesthetic clinics, and come with a high price point. They are not prescribed in general practice and are not on any general practice Prescribing guideline. Retinoid crams are not recommended for any woman who might become pregnant and since 50% of all pregnancies are unplanned its reckless and inexcusable to be promoting this.also putting pressure on the already busy GP’s to prescribe something that's not on their prescribing guidelines

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Disgraceful that again this year for international women's day, she used the day as an opportunity to sell products. Last year it was sweaty betty this year it is her own overpriced and pink labelled. Marketing to women is sexist in itself. International women's day should not be capitalised. She's out of touch and she's truly not educated. She went to university but lacks critical skills. All the influencers who used the day to promote themselves and to promote each other are a disgrace, it's all like a chain where they promote each other

It’s a terrible range. No unique selling point, not vegan, not clean. Completely overpriced. It's basically the same tesco supplements at 10 times the cost. Plus her post yesterday about hydrochloroquine is so inaccurate. Those creams are only prescribed in anaesthetic clinics, and come with a high price point. They are not prescribed in general practice and are not on any general practice prescribing guideline
It's all pink and pretty, she's trying to market to women in a stereotypical manner. She thinks with the high costs of living women are so stupid they'd pay extortionate price for a supplement. In her posts too she describes people as being idiotic as not understanding about vitamins and minerals, like, doireann honey, that's a part of the junior certificate home economics programme. She's demeaning and I'd imagine very patronising as a doctor

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Would have thought if you are marketing vitamins then dieticians, nuitritionisys or fellow GPs would be at the launch. But it’s beauty influencers, tv journalist? A psychologist? Seems so unethical as a medical doctor.

Reactions: 13
Would have thought if you are marketing vitamins then dieticians, nuitritionisys or fellow GPs would be at the launch. But it’s beauty influencers, tv journalist? A psychologist? Seems so unethical as a medical doctor.
Suppose anyone with a soul knows it's all questionable and they wouldn't want to be associated with her.

Too it's a marketing ploy as those influencers then tagged her in their stories and they all try and get new followers that way - so your tv presenter is then sneakily advertising supplements to you too.

I think she started videodoc but then changed to mycorkGP. She might not have liked doing online consults and switched herself, which is fair enough. I think she was in MycorkGP but got let go for being on Instagram and keeping patients waiting. I think Patrick street was a maternity cover, but she seems to have stayed on but it seems to be only 1 or 2 days in the week and not every week. It seems sporadic There are so many GP jobs at the minute it’s not uncommon to move around just to get experience and see what job is right for you. I think soon she will quit GP and just be a celebrity doctor. I suppose it all depends on if her supplements make her money or fail and cost her a load of money.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.