Doireann O’Leary #3 But I heard the hubby is a surgeon!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The wearing of scrubs on TV is a tactic, she has spoken regularly about wanting to be a 'TV doctor'
My husband worked in CUH with her when she was newly qualified, said she had no interest in work, was constantly whinging, and had no friends.
I'd also love to know how her patients feel about her, I don't know that I would like a gp who is more influencer/tiktoker than medical expert.
I don't think she's relatable to anyone really. I can't see colleagues appreciating the rehearsed speeches or the posing. It is such an achievement to become a doctor, for anyone, but I feel like she's not even aware of that, and too busy keeping up appearances on insta. The way she goes on about hubby and being super thin,reminds me a bit of Victoria Beckham

Reactions: 4
Now sarahjmurphy has a video fully calling her out 😂 but post deleted
Did sarahjmurphy delete her video own video criticising Mary Ryan?! 😳

There are some Health care professionals who are convinced that because they’ve some class of health care degree, they’re qualified to discuss nutrition in depth. Unless you’ve some sort of (added) qualification in dietetics, nuitrition etc., leave it to the experts in their field.
And yes that includes even GPs and bloody fecking Obstetricians-Gynaecologists! 😡
Current medical school curriculums provide one 50 minute lecture on the food pyramid in first year, and that’s about the total of it.
Just because a person has a medical degree, it doesn’t qualify them to inform patients that “women are divils for bread” and that “root vegetables should be a treat on the weekend”
At least base your information on current best practice guidelines, and recent peer reviewed research, not on clichés and your own ill informed opinions.
I’m talking to you Doireann and Mary Ryan! 👋

Did sarahjmurphy delete her video own video criticising Mary Ryan?! 😳

There are some Health care professionals who are convinced that because they’ve some class of health care degree, they’re qualified to discuss nutrition in depth. Unless you’ve some sort of (added) qualification in dietetics, nuitrition etc., leave it to the experts in their field.
And yes that includes even GPs and bloody fecking Obstetricians-Gynaecologists! 😡
Current medical school curriculums provide one 50 minute lecture on the food pyramid in first year, and that’s about the total of it.
Just because a person has a medical degree, it doesn’t qualify them to inform patients that “women are divils for bread” and that “root vegetables should be a treat on the weekend”
At least base your information on current best practice guidelines, and recent peer reviewed research, not on clichés and your own ill informed opinions.
I’m talking to you Doireann and Mary Ryan! 👋
Gonna put my hands up and admit that I mistook Mary Ryan for an Obstetrician-Gynaecologist, when she is in fact, an Endocrinologist. Mea Culpa!
She makes no mention in her IG bio of having a dual qualification in either dietetics or nutrition
Even endocrinologists whose sub-speciality is obesity will always refer patients to a dietitian for the nutrition side of weight loss
I still stand by the rest of my original post!
😡😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Pam Davis (pamjdpilates on Instagram), Shelly (mama.doula), and Dr Sarah Murphy (sarahjmurphy) all address it on their IG accounts

there was a scientific paper published a few days ago, talking about the risks of C-sections.

Mary Ryan claims that lots of women contacted her, with concerns and worries about C-sections (despite the fact that Mary Ryan is not an obstetrician-gynaecologist, but an endocrinologist, so C-sections are not her speciality)

Mary Ryan made an attempt to quell fear-mongering about C-sections, by listing off what she perceives as the dangers or risks of vaginal births

All 3 childbirth healthcare professionals mentioned above called her out, pointed out that Mary Ryan gave misinformation regarding vaginal births, didn’t base the content of her post on current best practice guidelines etc.,

Mary Ryan wasn’t too happy on getting called out. She deleted her original video that caused all the controversy, but she still claims that what she said was right, and won’t back down

O thanks so much 🙌🏻. I’m due in the next few weeks and all these opinions are driving me batty!

Reactions: 3
O thanks so much 🙌🏻. I’m due in the next few weeks and all these opinions are driving me batty!
Years since I've been in medical school, but whatever is safest for both of you at the time is probably the best aim! Remember colleague who had previously been a paediatrician being very keen on normal vaginal delivery, but it wasn't safe when it came to it. She felt kind of guilty for a moment, I think, but overall knew section was best in the circumstances.

Blows my mind that an endocrinologist would think herself qualified!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
There is so much information out there and not all of it is even accurate. It’s very overwhelming!
I only came across those 3 accounts that I mentioned earlier this week when all this kicked off, but all 3 are very decent, stick to evidence based information and best practice guidelines. Beware the accounts that rely on personal opinion and anecdotes.
Never forget that the best birth is the birth where both Mum and baby are safe and healthy at the end of it! 🤰👶
Best of luck and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy and little baba when they arrive! xx

Reactions: 5
I just googled this one as I’d never heard of her before she was mentioned on this page, Lord! The “Versace vibes” photo is very worrying, the thinspo, proana photos both of these doctors put up is really scary.

I just googled this one as I’d never heard of her before she was mentioned on this page, Lord! The “Versace vibes” photo is very worrying, the thinspo, proana photos both of these doctors put up is really scary.
Just looked her up on Instagram too. Her account is alarming. She really shouldn't be working as a doctor she's so emaciated can't believe she has the ability to think in a clear manner. It is dangerous the impact that her image has and what it conveys. So herself and Doireann are the wellness influencers promoting being obsessed with your image and taking all sorts of measures to obtain the emaciated look and as doctors people latch onto the idea that it's healthy. If anyone is looking in who manages the clinic where Doireann reportedly works think long and hard about the damage her presence is having on vulnerable and impressionable people.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.