Doireann O' Leary.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have no opinion on her as person as I fo not know her.
But please don't have a pic of smiling and altered in ref to fetility week. Its an awful journey to have fertility problems. I font think the pic fits the context
Not to mention how full the post was of inaccurate statistics she either made up or copied from a website. Widely reported that one in four couples in Ireland will struggle to varying degrees she has it almost halved to one in seven. Which will just delay people seeking help as they don’t think it’s as common as is it.

But as someone who’s had multiple rounds of IVF and we’re still childless having D end with “having a baby isn’t a measure of your self worth” was just 😡😡😡 I hadn’t realised “many couples are happy without children” off we go so silly us spending our life savings on IVF.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Not to mention how full the post was of inaccurate statistics she either made up or copied from a website. Widely reported that one in four couples in Ireland will struggle to varying degrees she has it almost halved to one in seven. Which will just delay people seeking help as they don’t think it’s as common as is it.

But as someone who’s had multiple rounds of IVF and we’re still childless having D end with “having a baby isn’t a measure of your self worth” was just 😡😡😡 I hadn’t realised “many couples are happy without children” off we go so silly us spending our life savings on IVF.
I didn't listen to her say that but my god I know the pain 10 ivf rounds later and the cost.

Having a baby was not a measure of our self worth but a want to have one because of love. Thats not nice . I chose to continue knowing the risk but the return was too great to give up. I certainly had a limit and it was my last round it worked.

It was when I saw the picture and her smiling and I thought of the pain and loss exp by people on Ivf journey it felt wrong :-(

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I didn't listen to her say that but my god I know the pain 10 ivf rounds later and the cost.

Having a baby was not a measure of our self worth but a want to have one because of love. Thats not nice . I chose to continue knowing the risk but the return was too great to give up. I certainly had a limit and it was my last round it worked.

It was when I saw the picture and her smiling and I thought of the pain and loss exp by people on Ivf journey it felt wrong :-(

It’s almost the last thing she writes in the long winded collection of “facts” post. Made me see red. Only someone with zero empathy of what it could be like to be aching for a child could think it’s OK to say that.

Delighted it worked out for you, heading into what’s probably our last round at the start of next year so I hope I’m as lucky

Reactions: 5
I got the rage reading it, I'm possibly miscarrying and I won't find out until next week after a long fertility journey. I don't want to see her bloody filtered face, give me links to useful groups or phone numbers who can help. Jesus Christ, she's so bleeping out of tune.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
It’s almost the last thing she writes in the long winded collection of “facts” post. Made me see red. Only someone with zero empathy of what it could be like to be aching for a child could think it’s OK to say that.

Delighted it worked out for you, heading into what’s probably our last round at the start of next year so I hope I’m as lucky
Please god for you too. Era and optibak, osteopath are changes i made on last round x

I got the rage reading it, I'm possibly miscarrying and I won't find out until next week after a long fertility journey. I don't want to see her bloody filtered face, give me links to useful groups or phone numbers who can help. Jesus Christ, she's so bleeping out of tune.
So so sorry .thats awful. Its such lonely place to be

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Being a brand ambassador for skincare as a GP really doesn’t sit well with me. There’s a woman in the comments asking advice for her teenage daughter who is on Duac (a prescription acne cream) and finding it drying and Doireann is recommending the brand skincare regimen instead of referring her back to her own GP or giving her advice on how to gradually increase use of Duac. Surely there’s a conflict of interest there?

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 29
Skincare ad with filters. Another con. Why can’t she filter the huge ET forehead

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Being a brand ambassador for skincare as a GP really doesn’t sit well with me. There’s a woman in the comments asking advice for her teenage daughter who is on Duac (a prescription acne cream) and finding it drying and Doireann is recommending the brand skincare regimen instead of referring her back to her own GP or giving her advice on how to gradually increase use of Duac. Surely there’s a conflict of interest there?
There has to be a conflict of interest ....

Reactions: 4
Another example of her sass (last comment) back to someone trying to have a conversation with her!
Oh the sass out of her sometimes is gas. She is the coldest fish. She posts some of the screenshots of convos she has with people DMing her and she comes across as so rude in some of her replies - genuinely has no clue how to be warm or empathetic, should never have become a doctor 😩

On a separate note I have a good few mutual connections with her from Cork/college - her nutty bratty behaviour is well noted and has been for a long time.

Reactions: 6
I used to follow her at the start and really thought she was very informative,especially for women. I had to stop though because she gave some very suspect advise especially on her podcasts ( i work in the medical field so I call bullshit on some of it). She got lashed out of it on Twitter and Instagram by doctors and pharmacists too and never even addressed it at all.

Reactions: 10
Oh my. We have a 'shortened CV' on the 'gram. Does she realise how ridiculous and defensive she sounds 😩 and most importantly she has the stethoscope on to really drive home the fact that she's a DOCTOR thank you very much

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I'm sure she was wearing it on her wedding day

Oh my. We have a 'shortened CV' on the 'gram. Does she realise how ridiculous and defensive she sounds 😩 and most importantly she has the stethoscope on to really drive home the fact that she's a DOCTOR thank you very much
I'm sure she was wearing it on her wedding day

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.