Does anyone hate their job?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hate my job. I cry all the way to work with sheer anxiety of what the day will bring. I get there and act like everything is ok. I then drive home crying from the tit thrown at me during the day. Then get home and act like everything is rosy. It's exhausting. I'm not qualified to do anything else though. I feel trapped. I constantly worry about work and when I have nothing to worry about, I worry that I've forgotten something important that I should be worrying about. I work 12 hour days but am thankful for my half hour commute each way to cry where no one can see.
Are you a nurse by any chance? You sound like so many nurses and healthcare staff I know. : (

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Ive been there! I dont ~hate~ my job right now but when I first started, I cried daily and felt so displaced. It was absolutely awful. I tried to go back to my previous job which I actually liked, but my pride stopped me. In an ideal world I would be a freelancer. I would miss my monthly salary, but hopefully in the future I’ll be able to do that.

I see people in my current job who have worked there for 20+ years and get THE FEAR. No way I wanna end up like that.

Reactions: 3
I did hate my job but since Covid been working at home, so much freedom, start and finish when I want so long as I work the hours I am paid for. Home working has it pros and cons which most know but not seeing anyone was hard to start with and not actually leaving the house every day and the commute weird. Can be lonely but also peaceful. Get some music on!
I don't think I have really even liked a job I've done, like bits, some of the people I worked with, but not all of them. Office life is one witch fest but guilty as charged as it just becomes the norm sadly.
I do get annoyed with people who "just get another job" not that easy atm.

Reactions: 8
Loved my job but hated my manager, she made me so ill and it almost wrecked my relationship due to the stress. Once hauled me in for a verbal warning for a typo in my internal out of office that was on for 2 hours- that's how pathetic she was. Quit in the end, had 6 weeks garden leave and found a job I love, team I love and I am flying high again. I have used the word bleep 3 times in my life but it perfectly describes her.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Almost applied for a new job today. Filled out everything but wasn’t happy with my cv so didn’t want to attach. Then backed out.

I also stupidly feel bad for my current employer. She’s great and I enjoy the work but feel so undervalued because I work so hard yet the pay is tit. It’s just the industry so I know I need to move on. Funny I’d consider myself a confident person but totally had a wobble today.

Reactions: 5
Almost applied for a new job today. Filled out everything but wasn’t happy with my cv so didn’t want to attach. Then backed out.

I also stupidly feel bad for my current employer. She’s great and I enjoy the work but feel so undervalued because I work so hard yet the pay is tit. It’s just the industry so I know I need to move on. Funny I’d consider myself a confident person but totally had a wobble today.
Don't. You will feel bad and all, once you leave no one will remember you. No one owes anyone anything.

Reactions: 9
Don't. You will feel bad and all, once you leave no one will remember you. No one owes anyone anything.
We are all just numbers. People move on and life goes on. The business will continue without you

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I hate my job at the moment. I have no motivation for it and it’s giving me anxiety. I was fine all bank holiday weekend then the anxiety started on Monday night. I want to leave but haven’t seen any jobs worth leaving for as I don’t want to go to another mediocre company. I hate my team they are all so miserable

Reactions: 4
I hate my job at the moment. I have no motivation for it and it’s giving me anxiety. I was fine all bank holiday weekend then the anxiety started on Monday night. I want to leave but haven’t seen any jobs worth leaving for as I don’t want to go to another mediocre company. I hate my team they are all so miserable
Keep looking. Yes not loads atm but there might be 1 right for you. Register with lan agency that specializes in the area you want to work in.
Keep on going. 😊

Reactions: 1
had a huge breakdown today from feeling stressed, overwhelmed and unsupported. went looking for jobs online again but nothing :(

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Just wanted to say a huge thank you to those who replied to my mini meltdown last week - I think tattle definitely gets a bad reputation but I really appreciate the fact we can post here without any fear of judgement ❤.

I did worry that from my first post, perhaps I’ve been a bit too rash and sometimes just need to “toughen up” on my resilience, especially if I don’t get into the swing of things straight away. I think with most of the jobs I’ve gone into in the past, I’ve been able to ace the role pretty quickly whereas here I feel like I am constantly drowning - I’m not enjoying the role or the culture as much as I thought I would, I’ve already got into trouble on a couple of occasions for messing things up/being slow on processes and I feel like my manager is constantly pulling me up on things that I’m doing wrong (or I manage to get a handle on one thing and then cock up another thing completely). I also sit in on meetings with barely any idea what’s going on and I feel so incompetent (my manager also made a comment that I need to start speaking up more and to be proactive - I think this is from feedback from others which is embarrassing), which I feel so let down in myself for as I’m usually so confident and chatty!

I took another posters advice and spoke to her last week about struggling with keeping on top of the work (having to work unpaid through lunch breaks each day and some evenings until 9pm, not down to poor time management but there is literally SO much work and only two of us to do it), but as she is the only other one doing the workload I feel bad piling more work onto her 😥.

I’ve been awake since 2am worrying about working today and was in tears yet again this morning before I started. I’ve never, ever felt like this about somewhere I’ve worked before, and considering it’s only my second month here, I just don’t know what to do. I’m looking at other roles on Indeed but then another part of me is just telling myself I just need to man up, stop being such a baby and to get over it.
Anyway just needed to have a huge mind dump so apologies for derailing the thread slightly! I really hope we can all just figure out what to do 😢❤

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
Just wanted to say a huge thank you to those who replied to my mini meltdown last week - I think tattle definitely gets a bad reputation but I really appreciate the fact we can post here without any fear of judgement ❤.

I did worry that from my first post, perhaps I’ve been a bit too rash and sometimes just need to “toughen up” on my resilience, especially if I don’t get into the swing of things straight away. I think with most of the jobs I’ve gone into in the past, I’ve been able to ace the role pretty quickly whereas here I feel like I am constantly drowning - I’m not enjoying the role or the culture as much as I thought I would, I’ve already got into trouble on a couple of occasions for messing things up/being slow on processes and I feel like my manager is constantly pulling me up on things that I’m doing wrong (or I manage to get a handle on one thing and then cock up another thing completely). I also sit in on meetings with barely any idea what’s going on and I feel so incompetent (my manager also made a comment that I need to start speaking up more and to be proactive - I think this is from feedback from others which is embarrassing), which I feel so let down in myself for as I’m usually so confident and chatty!

I took another posters advice and spoke to her last week about struggling with keeping on top of the work (having to work unpaid through lunch breaks each day and some evenings until 9pm, not down to poor time management but there is literally SO much work and only two of us to do it), but as she is the only other one doing the workload I feel bad piling more work onto her 😥.

I’ve been awake since 2am worrying about working today and was in tears yet again this morning before I started. I’ve never, ever felt like this about somewhere I’ve worked before, and considering it’s only my second month here, I just don’t know what to do. I’m looking at other roles on Indeed but then another part of me is just telling myself I just need to man up, stop being such a baby and to get over it.
Anyway just needed to have a huge mind dump so apologies for derailing the thread slightly! I really hope we can all just figure out what to do 😢❤
Whatever you decide to do good luck and best wishes. Scary to leave a job but sometimes you have too. Sorry not trying to influence what you do.
Plus Tattle only came on here this year and it is bloody brilliant so much fun and learn things! Haha. Vent away, dish the dirt and just say what you want well mostly. Good entertainment during the day especially if working.

• Heart
Reactions: 2

You’re not being a baby, if it doesn’t feel right and you’re crying and waking up at 2am then it’s not right. What did your manager say when you spoke to her about your workload? Does she agree?

Reading all your comments 😥
Girls I handed my notice in 2 weeks before covid, I honestly hated my job I didn't sleep well for a long time, 6 years there. I wrote pages on why I wanted to quit and I finally done it. And yes it's difficult to find a new job but what a good year I've had. I've learned to sleep, I've had a life, learned so much. Life is so much easier without all that stress. Cut down on stuff you don't need, try living cheaply. Some how I managed to learn how to bake too and I get requests💲. Once you give yourself some time, you'll find ways to start making your own money and it's incredible. Financially I need covid to end soon but honestly this time out has been massively eye opening to me. Work takes away so much of our life.

So sorry if that came out all preachy

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Sorry to hear this, my advice is just get out and apply for something else. Your gut is always right, you’re not being a baby this isn’t the job for you. I felt this way almost instant after starting my job and knew immediately that I had made a big mistake. And it just gets worse and worse every day. I am so unhappy but I am still on probation so can’t even get signed off as you don’t get sick pay on probation at this place. I am so unhappy I honestly don’t know what to do. I have looked and applied for a few other things but I just so scared I’m never going to get out. So sad 😞

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Dealing with a boss at the minute who is very off with me, has been since the get go. I have no idea why. There’s a promotion going at the minute and he’s grooming my male co-worker who is very Tim nice but Dim. He didn’t consider me initially then he put the job out again with revised job requirements to match the guy 🙄 I’m really disheartened because he’s made no effort to have a working relationship with me and I know he is just going to find an excuse to give the job to this guy despite his lack of technical skills. He’s even joked about his role changing. Really fed up of bosses who play these games, it messes with peoples’ lives.

Don’t know whether to bother with an interview if I got one. Do I try to excel enough that his boss would make a case for me or just start looking elsewhere now? The thought of starting all over again because of ‘nepotism’ is hard to stomach. I left my last job because of something similar. I’m honestly not the common denominator, just rotten luck.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.