Does anyone hate their job?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Dealing with a boss at the minute who is very off with me, has been since the get go. I have no idea why. There’s a promotion going at the minute and he’s grooming my male co-worker who is very Tim nice but Dim. He didn’t consider me initially then he put the job out again with revised job requirements to match the guy 🙄 I’m really disheartened because he’s made no effort to have a working relationship with me and I know he is just going to find an excuse to give the job to this guy despite his lack of technical skills. He’s even joked about his role changing. Really fed up of bosses who play these games, it messes with peoples’ lives.

Don’t know whether to bother with an interview if I got one. Do I try to excel enough that his boss would make a case for me or just start looking elsewhere now? The thought of starting all over again because of ‘nepotism’ is hard to stomach. I left my last job because of something similar. I’m honestly not the common denominator, just rotten luck.
I’d still go for the job because at least then he will be aware of his decision, if he gives it this other guy and it will be very obvious! Is it just up to your manager? If there are two people interviewing they may prefer you?

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I’d still go for the job because at least then he will be aware of his decision, if he gives it this other guy and it will be very obvious! Is it just up to your manager? If there are two people interviewing they may prefer you?
Yes, there’ll be at least two interviewers (usually someone senior to him), but I think because it’s working with him he’ll have more sway? The pressure of going into an interview actually knowing they don’t like you off the bat is hard, will have to get my head in the right place if I did get one.

Just wanted to say a huge thank you to those who replied to my mini meltdown last week - I think tattle definitely gets a bad reputation but I really appreciate the fact we can post here without any fear of judgement ❤.

I did worry that from my first post, perhaps I’ve been a bit too rash and sometimes just need to “toughen up” on my resilience, especially if I don’t get into the swing of things straight away. I think with most of the jobs I’ve gone into in the past, I’ve been able to ace the role pretty quickly whereas here I feel like I am constantly drowning - I’m not enjoying the role or the culture as much as I thought I would, I’ve already got into trouble on a couple of occasions for messing things up/being slow on processes and I feel like my manager is constantly pulling me up on things that I’m doing wrong (or I manage to get a handle on one thing and then cock up another thing completely). I also sit in on meetings with barely any idea what’s going on and I feel so incompetent (my manager also made a comment that I need to start speaking up more and to be proactive - I think this is from feedback from others which is embarrassing), which I feel so let down in myself for as I’m usually so confident and chatty!

I took another posters advice and spoke to her last week about struggling with keeping on top of the work (having to work unpaid through lunch breaks each day and some evenings until 9pm, not down to poor time management but there is literally SO much work and only two of us to do it), but as she is the only other one doing the workload I feel bad piling more work onto her 😥.

I’ve been awake since 2am worrying about working today and was in tears yet again this morning before I started. I’ve never, ever felt like this about somewhere I’ve worked before, and considering it’s only my second month here, I just don’t know what to do. I’m looking at other roles on Indeed but then another part of me is just telling myself I just need to man up, stop being such a baby and to get over it.
Anyway just needed to have a huge mind dump so apologies for derailing the thread slightly! I really hope we can all just figure out what to do 😢❤
This sounds stressful and horrible and I do feel your pain.

I think you should approach this from two angles:
1) Look after yourself: practice self-compassion, give yourself little treats in the evenings and throughout the day (nice hand cream, sweets, grapes or other fruit you like, a nice series or book in the evenings etc), try moon milk and aromatherapy (essential orange or lemon oil could pick you up during the day, peppermint helps to give focus)

2) Try to get on top of the job whilst looking for a new one: ask your boss for a mentor who could help you understand things better, try to make the working lunch breaks as enjoyable as possible, sleep enough so you can focus etc and sign up with recruitment agencies and keep looking on Indeed.

This might help you get through the day-to-day until you have a new environment to enjoy.

Reactions: 5
I absolutely despise my job. I been there for a few years now and the stress is something else. Frequent 8am calls and 11pm calls as we have colleagues on the other side of the world. No paid overtime. Been told to take annual leave multiple times in the pandemic total of 12 days now when we only get 25 a year. The stress of my job has led to me getting a variety of migraines that happen every day and no cure. Just tablets from the doctor that I take before bed but still early days and no real results yet :( I think about when I resign and all the things management need to hear.
Cannot leave my job yet because of my own financial commitments (mortgage. Credit card debit and car loan) once my CC debt is gone hopefully by September then I will be looking for a job that pays less and less stress.
cannot describe how many times I’ve cried because of this job. Or the times I faked being sick because my mental health was in pieces and I couldn’t get out of bed let alone work.
Look forward to the day I can come back to this post and say I am happy in my job
I just wanted to say I have a job offer at a new company and today I resigned! I am so excited for the next chapter!! will post another update once I been in my new role :D

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I just wanted to say I have a job offer at a new company and today I resigned! I am so excited for the next chapter!! will post another update once I been in my new role :D
Omg congratulations! Can’t wait till the day o can say this! Hate mine more than ever getting thrown under the bus every day!

• Heart
that's amazing, good job! you must be so proud of yourself! good luck and keep us posted 🥳 🌻

Reactions: 2
I’ve decided to hand my notice in tomorrow morning, I’ve officially reached breaking point😥. Cried all of last night but again thought I could be overreacting until my manager pulled me into a meeting earlier today and had a go at me for yet another thing. Have left her an email to say I would like to have a chat first thing tomorrow so there’s officially no going back!!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I’ve decided to hand my notice in tomorrow morning, I’ve officially reached breaking point😥. Cried all of last night but again thought I could be overreacting until my manager pulled me into a meeting earlier today and had a go at me for yet another thing. Have left her an email to say I would like to have a chat first thing tomorrow so there’s officially no going back!!
good job for taking the first step and good luck!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Very brave! Wish I could but just can’t afford it

Reactions: 3
Absolutely hate my job at the moment but think it could be situational. I've worked from home since March last year and the workload has been mental and I'm not someone to say I'm struggling. I live alone so the loneliness that has come with wfh and lockdown has killed me.

My advice would be to keep looking and focus on the fact you will get out (I hope its soon). Good luck with the job hunt.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I didn't realise that I didn't like my job until lockdown. I got put on furlough during this third lockdown and I just sat and thought about how stressed I was at work. I go back to work on Friday and I'm dreading it. But my partner and I are planning on going to Australia and doing a year's working holiday over there as soon as we can! I just want to get out of the country & need to change everything.

• Heart
Yep: just back from 4 weeks off with work related stress.

Today I put a suggestion and prototype of a system which would improve time and admin and one of the women declared “it’s rubbish, I think it’s rubbish” when I asked for thoughts or feedback.

I felt it was rude and untactful but also belittled in front of our team.

My boss phoned after to see if I was ok but kept banging on about keeping them on side as they help but nothing about keeping me on side as an admin and making my tasks easier...

• Sad
  • Angry
Yep: just back from 4 weeks off with work related stress.

Today I put a suggestion and prototype of a system which would improve time and admin and one of the women declared “it’s rubbish, I think it’s rubbish” when I asked for thoughts/ feedback.

I felt it was rude and untactful but also belittled in front of our team.
There is always 1 person like this. "It won't work" etc I would try again. But also say how about we just try it surely if it helps the department the better? Go above her the silly ignorant cow.
Well done you for even suggesting in the first place. Has she?

There is always 1 person like this. "It won't work" etc I would try again. But also say how about we just try it surely if it helps the department the better? Go above her the silly ignorant cow.
Well done you for even suggesting in the first place. Has she?
Thank you. This is it isn’t it, they have to submit these timesheets so they’re paid, I have to process them. I’m going to carry on as what worked a year ago doesn’t work now.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.