Does anyone hate their job?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am in talks with a couple of people at my old job, but I would feel like such a failure going back or that people would be really disappointed in me 😔 I just keep getting things wrong and feel like I’m annoying my new manager by messing the simplest things up!
Were you in your last job for a long time? If so, that might have something to do with the way you're feeling.

Starting a new job is hard for most people; as well as getting used to doing things a certain way (even if the job itself is much the same as you've been used to), you have to get used to personalities, politics ... ugh; it's hard.

Try to remember the reasons for leaving your last job and what made you accept your new one - make up a list if you can, to refer back to when you're feeling down.

I returned to a place I'd left about three months prior (this was in the '90s). It was a huge mistake and I looked and felt foolish.

Reactions: 2
I don't like my job, but I like my hours. 8:30 - 3pm, Mon - Fri.

After working in hospitality my whole life it is a nice change. I work in sales, finding leads by cold calling.

It is pretty boring and monotonous, and there is always the pressure to be either hitting the call, or lead, target.

But it will do for now. I just hate working full stop.

Reactions: 3
I don't like my job, but I like my hours. 8:30 - 3pm, Mon - Fri.

After working in hospitality my whole life it is a nice change. I work in sales, finding leads by cold calling.

It is pretty boring and monotonous, and there is always the pressure to be either hitting the call, or lead, target.

But it will do for now. I just hate working full stop.
Oh if I could afford to be a lady of leisure I definitely would!

Reactions: 5
I really don’t like it anymore. My boss is being awful to everyone(she’s almost 70 so maybe she just needs to stop working). The customers are spoiled and lots of them are being so mean.

How to make a change? Anyone changed careers?

I really do like what I do but there is zero room for growth for me. I have reached the end so to speak. Money is tit and not at all worth the stress. Ive been sat here for about an hour looking at jobs on line but I dont know where to start. My whole adult working life I have done the same job. So almost 20 years, apart from 2 years were I did a random admin role. lol

I can feel my confidence slipping too. I know I am capable, I know I could do anything I put my mind too. But ive had a flash back to college looking for jobs and seeing that every post was looking for experience or qualifications I didnt have.

Reactions: 4
I hate my job and I'm constantly exhausted because of it.

However, I'm very lucky that a) not been furloughed and b) I know what I want to do now with my career long-term. I'm currently applying for roles and I even had an interview today!

I've also learned I don't think I'll ever truly LOVE by job, but that's okay. I need a job I enjoy and doesn't leave me in tears.

I hate my job and I'm constantly exhausted because of it.

However, I'm very lucky that a) not been furloughed and b) I know what I want to do now with my career long-term. I'm currently applying for roles and I even had an interview today!

I've also learned I don't think I'll ever truly LOVE by job, but that's okay. I need a job I enjoy and doesn't leave me in tears.
Good luck! Hope your interview went well today

Reactions: 1
Just quit my sales job. I feel so free! It was quite spur of the moment, and usually I would give more notice. But it was draining me and they would push me from pillar to post, and nothing was ever good enough.

I have a trial shift for a dish hand job at a local cafe on Sunday, so fingers crossed I get it. I actually like being a kitchen hand. And no evenings!

Going to make the most of having a week to myself for the first time in yonks!

Reactions: 9
I thought majority of people hated their jobs unless you're one of the lucky ones who actually enjoys what they do.

I hate my job for the usual; over worked, under appreciated, not enough hours/money. However I love the majority of the people I work with which is mainly the reason I've stayed for 6 years.

Ive been looking for a new job in those years (been offered other jobs/interviews) but they're never an upgrade..just one dead end job to the next. I have no direction in life at all which I think is my main problem.

Reactions: 6
I got to the point where I felt so unappreciated and hated my role, team and manager in my last company. Left and joined another company. It’s more pressured and I’m just as unhappy.... perks are less... sometimes I think I should’ve just stayed, parked my ego and got on with it.

• Sad
I am leaving my job imminently because it has made me anxious to the point of illness. I don’t want an easy life but I do want to be in a role I feel like I can do really well and not mentally take it with me every minute of every day worrying about my workload... my boss keeps piling more and more on me, we need a team double our current size but if I don’t do the work, it won’t get done. They don’t listen to me when I tell them this and I’m gutted it has got to the point where I feel I have no option but to leave.

My confidence has been totally shaken so although I am applying for jobs I am so scared of feeling this way in my next job too.

I have some savings I can live off for a while (if I go right back to basics) but I do need to be working. I just can’t do my actual job right now.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I am leaving my job imminently because it has made me anxious to the point of illness. I don’t want an easy life but I do want to be in a role I feel like I can do really well and not mentally take it with me every minute of every day worrying about my workload... my boss keeps piling more and more on me, we need a team double our current size but if I don’t do the work, it won’t get done. They don’t listen to me when I tell them this and I’m gutted it has got to the point where I feel I have no option but to leave.

My confidence has been totally shaken so although I am applying for jobs I am so scared of feeling this way in my next job too.

I have some savings I can live off for a while (if I go right back to basics) but I do need to be working. I just can’t do my actual job right now.
This is exactly how I feel 😣 I spend every waking moment anxious about my workload, my hair has started to fall out because I am so stressed 😫
If I wasn’t about to apply for a mortgage I would do the same as you, I’d rather live on the bare minimum for a while than deal with this

Reactions: 1
I quite enjoyed my new job (started a few months ago) at first, but now I’m not so sure. Most parts of the job are fine, except some members of staff are so irritating.

I’m only 25 myself, but there is someone I work with who’s 19, they’re always having mood swings, you never know where you stand them with as they’ll engage one minute and be rude the next, they get so easily offended over everything and they just behave like a brat. Drives me insane.

I've had a few interviews over the past few weeks and been unsuccessful in them all, which is making me hate my job more as i feel like i'm going to be stuck here forever! The jobs are mostly entry level, require minimal skills, like the one i have now and feedback I've got is quite vague. I literally seem to spend 90% of non work time either applying for jobs or preparing for interviews. I know I'm not the best at interviews anyway, but the constant rejections makes me feel even less confident in myself, a lot of them have tasks or presentations too which i know i can comfortably do but i feel like my examples and explaining impact etc is letting me down, plus i have tendency to say we did rather than I.

• Sad
I hate my job, but I am also grateful for certain things about it. It's not nessercarily the job itself I hate persay, I mean it is rubbish but it's more what it represents, how long I've been trapped in retail not getting anywhere and being other people's witch (either my bosses or the public - usually both!). I actually have a degree and a masters but that field hasn't worked out for me either so I'm just plodding along not having a clue what to do. Stinks.

I've had a few interviews over the past few weeks and been unsuccessful in them all, which is making me hate my job more as i feel like i'm going to be stuck here forever! The jobs are mostly entry level, require minimal skills, like the one i have now and feedback I've got is quite vague. I literally seem to spend 90% of non work time either applying for jobs or preparing for interviews. I know I'm not the best at interviews anyway, but the constant rejections makes me feel even less confident in myself, a lot of them have tasks or presentations too which i know i can comfortably do but i feel like my examples and explaining impact etc is letting me down, plus i have tendency to say we did rather than I.
Keep going! I think getting to interview stage is still a success and a good sign. I'm sure the hiring panel think most of the candidates they interview could do the job well, and usually there is something really minor that puts one person above the rest e.g. might have worked there before, some specific experience etc. It's such a competitive time now too due to the pandemic as so many people are out of jobs, I bet they get so many more applications than before all of the pandemic redundancies, so well done for making it to interviews! My bf has interviewed 9 times since Jan and on his 9th try got the job - I know how tough the process is and rejection doesn't feel nice, keep going! :giggle: 🤞

I have posted here before about feeling meh about my job, and I interviewed today for a new one. I think it went well, in hindsight some of my answers could have been better due to nerves. Now I just need to let it go as it's done now and I can't change the outcome at this point, but it's tough trying not to overthink it while waiting to hear back. I've even managed to work myself up about what if I get it and it's not right or I can't handle it. 🙈 Applications, interviews and starting new jobs is such an anxious time!

I've tried to be brave under lockdown and go freelance but it's been really hard. I lost a client today and I'm gutted about the loss of revenue even though I did not enjoy the work. Two weeks ago I got a text from the client 'we are a great team' then some really offish behaviour last week to an email (not even the courtesy to discuss it with me) saying things just weren't working. Some days I wonder if it's worth it.......

Having a pretty tit week at work and feel really stuck, ugh

I feel similar, not had any interviews and not been applying for jobs, one of the reasons being I don't feel like I have any good examples at the moment or any confidence in being able to explain what I've done in particular situations. And aside from that, don't even know what job I would like to do, everything I see that I'd have a chance in getting is either lower paid or likely to be similar level of stress to my current job. When I think this is my next 30 years at least I feel extremely depressed

Had a job that I hate. Then I decided to quit when I have nothing lining up. So during that period, I realised what I hate was not necessary the job itself but more so the management and the office setting. The office is that kind of office if you are late for 3min, someone will report to the management...if you leave on time, people will be staring at you.

Same. I hate competency interviews so much and also hate talking about myself.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.