Does anyone hate their job?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I like my job but some of my colleagues are utter cuntnuggets. I do nights so I don’t see everyone, which is a plus, and my fellow night team are all good. We just get on with it, no arguments. I could never do day shift in this place though (used to be day shift permanently in my last workplace, same job). There are too many sly witches, I’d end up in a fight.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I used to work in an IT department for the TSB/Lloyds bank (as it was before they went their separate ways in 2013/4).

It was an okay job, but typically our department was bottom of the food chain in terms of importance as far as the suits from the bank was concerned. We were more a liability than asset because we always wanted more hardware, more licencing and more training, but for very little return (as far as those same suits and most other divisions of the bank were concerned)

If you've seen the comedy show IT Crowd, you'll know how despised IT geeks are by other employees. And yet when something went wrong we'd be under pressure to put things right - day or night - and for very little thanks.

When the bank split the IT department closed and 22 people, including myself, were made redundant. Can't say I was too bothered, not least because I found a similar IT support job soon after. But working for that bank was a bloody nightmare!

I used to work in an IT department for the TSB/Lloyds bank (as it was before they went their separate ways in 2013/4).

It was an okay job, but typically our department was bottom of the food chain in terms of importance as far as the suits from the bank was concerned. We were more a liability than asset because we always wanted more hardware, more licencing and more training, but for very little return (as far as those same suits and most other divisions of the bank were concerned)

If you've seen the comedy show IT Crowd, you'll know how despised IT geeks are by other employees. And yet when something went wrong we'd be under pressure to put things right - day or night - and for very little thanks.

When the bank split the IT department closed and 22 people, including myself, were made redundant. Can't say I was too bothered, not least because I found a similar IT support job soon after. But working for that bank was a bloody nightmare!
Fellow IT bod here!! Funny how everyone hates their IT department but it’s us who saved companies last year when everyone had to work from home

Reactions: 6
Fellow IT bod here!! Funny how everyone hates IT but it’s us who saved companies last year when everyone had to work from home
Oh God, and now essentially being my own IT person at home - I have never appreciated the IT department more!!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Been working since 9am today. Going to do a few more hours even though I’ll get no appreciation for it, but I want to do it for myself. I just can’t face another day waking up knowing that’s what I need to get done. It’s tedious, fiddly and dull.

Reactions: 2
I'm struggling today. I've been on the edge of tears all day and just had to come into my bedroom to get away.

It's a mixture of not enjoying what I'm doing and people at work annoying me. I was really excited about the role but it's turned out very different to what I expected. I'm also currently doing CBT for anxiety so it's all a bit much at the moment. I wouldn't say my anxiety is extreme, I just struggle with worrying and overthinking and also am terrible at saying no when people ask me to help which is not helping at work.

I just want to wrap myself in a blanket and cry, while watching crap TV. 😂 😭

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I'm struggling today. I've been on the edge of tears all day and just had to come into my bedroom to get away.

It's a mixture of not enjoying what I'm doing and people at work annoying me. I was really excited about the role but it's turned out very different to what I expected. I'm also currently doing CBT for anxiety so it's all a bit much at the moment. I wouldn't say my anxiety is extreme, I just struggle with worrying and overthinking and also am terrible at saying no when people ask me to help which is not helping at work.

I just want to wrap myself in a blanket and cry, while watching crap TV. 😂 😭
Oh wow I literally could’ve wrote this myself! Absolute same it’s the people I work with who I don’t like and annoy the hell out of me , I don’t enjoy what I am doing and the job is nothing like I thought it would be. Keep looking for something new but I don’t want to just apply for anything it has to be the right job. Hope you’re ok xx

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Oh wow I literally could’ve wrote this myself! Absolute same it’s the people I work with who I don’t like and annoy the hell out of me , I don’t enjoy what I am doing and the job is nothing like I thought it would be. Keep looking for something new but I don’t want to just apply for anything it has to be the right job. Hope you’re ok xx
I'm the exact same with applying for things! I want to make sure it's going to be right.

I'm so tired but don't want to go to bed because then work will arrive sooner. 😂

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I'm the exact same with applying for things! I want to make sure it's going to be right.

I'm so tired but don't want to go to bed because then work will arrive sooner. 😂
Omg I know right!!! Hate my job so much just pray for the day we find something else

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I started a job only last month and I feel like I’ve made a huge mistake 😔. I’ve been awake since 5am dreading having to work today (even though we’re working from home) which I’ve never felt in a role before! I’m trying to put it down to the fact it’s that uncertain first few weeks where you’re learning all of the new processes but I do believe that when you have a gut feeling when something isn’t right for you, you just know. Wish I hadn’t have left my old place 😥😥

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I started a job only last month and I feel like I’ve made a huge mistake 😔. I’ve been awake since 5am dreading having to work today (even though we’re working from home) which I’ve never felt in a role before! I’m trying to put it down to the fact it’s that uncertain first few weeks where you’re learning all of the new processes but I do believe that when you have a gut feeling when something isn’t right for you, you just know. Wish I hadn’t have left my old place 😥😥
I absolutely get this...that’s how I’m feeling now and it’s horrible. I am just so bored in my current job and I am actually (despite its faults) really missing my old job. Is there any way you could contact your old place about going back?

Feeling stuck work wise too. I actually really like my actual job, really like my employer and colleagues but the pay is tit. Its just tit in the industry. I guess for the last 10ish years it afforded me flexibility when my kids were younger. But now I look at my salary at the end of the week and it just depresses me. But I just dont know what else I can do, I dont know how to work out what other job I could do.

I absolutely get this...that’s how I’m feeling now and it’s horrible. I am just so bored in my current job and I am actually (despite its faults) really missing my old job. Is there any way you could contact your old place about going back?
I am in talks with a couple of people at my old job, but I would feel like such a failure going back or that people would be really disappointed in me 😔 I just keep getting things wrong and feel like I’m annoying my new manager by messing the simplest things up!

• Sad
Hate to say it but your gut feeling is probably right. I had this feeling less than a month after starting my new job and 9 months later I hate it more than ever! I can’t go back to my old job but I wouldn’t anyway as I would be so embarrassed! But sometimes you have to step out your comfort zone and try something new even though it hasn’t worked out. I regret leaving my old job SO MUCH 😞

• Sad
Hate to say it but your gut feeling is probably right. I had this feeling less than a month after starting my new job and 9 months later I hate it more than ever! I can’t go back to my old job but I wouldn’t anyway as I would be so embarrassed! But sometimes you have to step out your comfort zone and try something new even though it hasn’t worked out. I regret leaving my old job SO MUCH 😞
Oh this makes me so sad, I’m so sorry 😔. Honestly wish I could go back in a time machine so I could’ve stayed!

• Heart
Update- I’ve already cried twice today 😥
Do you feel able to speak to your manager? If you've been there a month they really should be arranging a one to one with you to check in. I'm sorry you feel so upset 😞

I am in talks with a couple of people at my old job, but I would feel like such a failure going back or that people would be really disappointed in me 😔 I just keep getting things wrong and feel like I’m annoying my new manager by messing the simplest things up!
Can you go back to your old job ? Your still in your probation period, there could be many reasons you don't continue
One reason being you decided it wasn't right for you.

Or blame the pandemic ( it gets blamed for w everything). Say your new job isn't as secure as you thought.

I don't. I do a job for which my services are in demand as a freelancer but get treated like shite which I loathe.

My happiest job was working as a fruit picker - we were all treated the same, as equals, and it was good fun. Next to that was working on an IT helpdesk ... again, we were treated pretty much as equals and there was a lot of teamwork and camaraderie.

Now though ... even though I love working from home (for the most part), I'm very much seen as "the help" and always the dumping ground for stuff. I guess that's the case in a lot of support roles?

If I could find a call centre or helpdesk type role working from home, but with the option to go into the office at times, I think I'd be in heaven!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.