Does anyone hate their job?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've had a sleepless night worried about work, a friend i saw for a walk on Sunday has tested positive so i think i have to self isolate, i was due to go into office for first time since covid tomorrow for nothing urgent i may add. Now i'm worried they are going to think i'm making excuses and make it difficult. The thing is i have not had a manger since early feb, my role is still unclear and i don't even know who i would report this too.

Reactions: 1
I've had a sleepless night worried about work, a friend i saw for a walk on Sunday has tested positive so i think i have to self isolate, i was due to go into office for first time since covid tomorrow for nothing urgent i may add. Now i'm worried they are going to think i'm making excuses and make it difficult. The thing is i have not had a manger since early feb, my role is still unclear and i don't even know who i would report this too.
Do you have a HR department email them? If not call reception? Best get tested and understand why worried but fingers crossed you are ok. Good luck 😊

How did it go??
Surprisingly better than I thought it would! I just need to put it in writing and confirm how much notice I’m giving them so I’ll probably just stay until the end of the month to ensure I’m still paid. I feel like such a weight has been lifted!❤

Reactions: 8
Surprisingly better than I thought it would! I just need to put it in writing and confirm how much notice I’m giving them so I’ll probably just stay until the end of the month to ensure I’m still paid. I feel like such a weight has been lifted!❤
Well done you. Bet you smiled on the way home?! 😁

Reactions: 2
Yep: just back from 4 weeks off with work related stress.

Today I put a suggestion and prototype of a system which would improve time and admin and one of the women declared “it’s rubbish, I think it’s rubbish” when I asked for thoughts or feedback.

I felt it was rude and untactful but also belittled in front of our team.

My boss phoned after to see if I was ok but kept banging on about keeping them on side as they help but nothing about keeping me on side as an admin and making my tasks easier...

Hope you feel better that woman sounds like a right cow ! jealous you are a great staff member most likely x

Hey all, joining this sub, I’ve been at my job now for 3 years, the last year to be honest I havnt minded my job, the first 2 years I absolutely hated it, it gave me such bad anxiety, mainly due to my boss who is a very cold, demanding, unpolitically correct, controlling etc etc woman, for the first 2 years I would wake up feeling so anxious every morning (except weekends) I would throw up, it was so bad. For some reason this past year her attitude has completely changed and she isn’t evil to me anymore haha, there are a few times that I think to myself eugh you’re a dick, but on the whole she’s been much better and I don’t get anxiety before work anymore! Which is good, having said that, I also don’t like my role, I’ve been in this role for 5 years since graduating from uni and it’s something I just ‘fell into’ because I needed a job.. now I feel like I can’t get out...

A lot of people would probably think, if you hate your job as much as this, why not just quit? And I’m embarrassed to say.. I’m genuinely scared to quit! I dread the conversation with my boss telling her I’m leaving... which is probably why I’ve stayed here the last 3 years.. is anyone else like this!?

Reactions: 7
Hey all, joining this sub, I’ve been at my job now for 3 years, the last year to be honest I havnt minded my job, the first 2 years I absolutely hated it, it gave me such bad anxiety, mainly due to my boss who is a very cold, demanding, unpolitically correct, controlling etc etc woman, for the first 2 years I would wake up feeling so anxious every morning (except weekends) I would throw up, it was so bad. For some reason this past year her attitude has completely changed and she isn’t evil to me anymore haha, there are a few times that I think to myself eugh you’re a dick, but on the whole she’s been much better and I don’t get anxiety before work anymore! Which is good, having said that, I also don’t like my role, I’ve been in this role for 5 years since graduating from uni and it’s something I just ‘fell into’ because I needed a job.. now I feel like I can’t get out...

A lot of people would probably think, if you hate your job as much as this, why not just quit? And I’m embarrassed to say.. I’m genuinely scared to quit! I dread the conversation with my boss telling her I’m leaving... which is probably why I’ve stayed here the last 3 years.. is anyone else like this!?
that is understandable. especially whenh you know how horrible she can be to deal with. however if you had another job that you were excited to start giving your notice would be easier i think? could you start even thinking about what you might like and looking araound as a first step and not worry about the giving of notice just see where the research into a new job takes you?

that is understandable. especially whenh you know how horrible she can be to deal with. however if you had another job that you were excited to start giving your notice would be easier i think? could you start even thinking about what you might like and looking araound as a first step and not worry about the giving of notice just see where the research into a new job takes you?
Hmm true, good plan, I’m 26 and really thought I’d know what I wanted to do by now but I really don’t 🤷🏼‍♀️ I’m a completely different person to who I was 10 years ago when I was making all these decisions lol, different interests etc, I think I would like to work in the charity sector.. maybe in communications .. I also think I’d love to be a sociology teacher 🤣 but I’m not confident enough .. I guess I’m accepting that I may never have a ‘career’ but maybe jumping around throughout your life in terms of different jobs is more interesting? I also have ADHD so my interests and motivation jump around a lot

you sound like me to be honest. never could make a proper decision about what to do and due to lack of confidence just stuck with the safe, unsatisfying option. I'm 40 and was forced out of my job that i hated last year as it closed due to covid. about to start a job which i think i will like much better and will sh1t my pants starting it but honestly letting lack of confidence control my life was a waste of time, decisions and changes still need to be made so im not letting it take over... if i was you, i would spend sometime really thinking hard about what way you would like to work (interest is fine but you have to also enjoy the work ) and then make it happen, in steps if necesssary, lifes too short and doing a job you hate is really a waste of your life when you look back on it. also re confidence - whats the worst that coudl happen - i bet its not that bad. maybe see a counsellor to work on whats holding you back?

Reactions: 5
Still hate it btw. I've been applying for jobs that I would want to do and enjoy but without any joy. I don't want to go from one dreaded job to another and it's just not working out.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Good luck! 😊
Thank you so much!!

Omg congratulations! Can’t wait till the day o can say this! Hate mine more than ever getting thrown under the bus every day!
thank you!! Wishing you all the best and hopefully your be out of there soon! Xx

that's amazing, good job! you must be so proud of yourself! good luck and keep us posted 🥳 🌻
thank you so much! Really appreciate your comment. Will check in once I am settled there in a few months!

I really hope other people get some new opportunities ASAP. I know how draining it can be on your life to work a horrendous job! Keeping everything crossed for those!

I’ve decided to hand my notice in tomorrow morning, I’ve officially reached breaking point😥. Cried all of last night but again thought I could be overreacting until my manager pulled me into a meeting earlier today and had a go at me for yet another thing. Have left her an email to say I would like to have a chat first thing tomorrow so there’s officially no going back!!
How are you feeling now? 😃

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Yep: just back from 4 weeks off with work related stress.

Today I put a suggestion and prototype of a system which would improve time and admin and one of the women declared “it’s rubbish, I think it’s rubbish” when I asked for thoughts or feedback.

I felt it was rude and untactful but also belittled in front of our team.

My boss phoned after to see if I was ok but kept banging on about keeping them on side as they help but nothing about keeping me on side as an admin and making my tasks easier...
Sorry if I'm sounding a bit out of touch or naive here but where the hell is it ok to speak to a colleague like this in front of an entire team? She should have been spoken to about it - it's so unprofessional! Saying it's rubbish is not constructive feedback and more to the point, it's bloody rude! Can you not make a complaint?

Reactions: 6
I did complain to both my direct line manager and team leader and they were both like “well we’ve worked with x for a number of years and know she’s outspoken” - I’d been in post for 4 weeks before we went into lockdown and had never met this woman in that time. All communication I’ve ever had with her was via email.

anyway, she was late submitting her timesheet this month. I’m slightly tempted to be petty and say you missed the deadline I can’t put it through til next month ☠

• Wow
Reactions: 4
It drives me crazy that peoples behaviour is seen as acceptable because ‘it’s just the way they are’ it’s a crappy excuse from a crappy manager.
Whether ‘it’s the way they are’ or not, they should be held accountable for being a twit at work, it’s unacceptable

Reactions: 16
It drives me crazy that peoples behaviour is seen as acceptable because ‘it’s just the way they are’ it’s a crappy excuse from a crappy manager.
Whether ‘it’s the way they are’ or not, they should be held accountable for being a twit at work, it’s unacceptable
This is what I said to my line manager, we all have to moderate how we behave at work and how we speak to colleagues whether we like them or not! She was like “weeeeellll, sometimes we do and sometimes we don’t” - no, if you can’t articulate yourself professionally at work you have no place on my team!

Reactions: 6
This is what I said to my line manager, we all have to moderate how we behave at work and how we speak to colleagues whether we like them or not! She was like “weeeeellll, sometimes we do and sometimes we don’t” - no, if you can’t articulate yourself professionally at work you have no place on my team!
That’s so frustrating. In other words your line manager wants an easy life. Don’t take the money if you can’t do the job springs to mind.
I hope you’re okay

Reactions: 4
I did complain to both my direct line manager and team leader and they were both like “well we’ve worked with x for a number of years and know she’s outspoken” - I’d been in post for 4 weeks before we went into lockdown and had never met this woman in that time. All communication I’ve ever had with her was via email.

anyway, she was late submitting her timesheet this month. I’m slightly tempted to be petty and say you missed the deadline I can’t put it through til next month ☠
Oh please do. Yes, it's pass agg but it sounds like she's a total bully so who cares?

• Haha
I really liked my job, until I found out the ceo of the company offered my manager a pay rise if he were to fire me. Now I just feel so demotivated and sad at the whole situation

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.