Does anyone hate their job?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I moved end of last year I’m soooo bored in my current job. I wanna do teaching so badly and at the minute I cannot stop thinking about it but I don’t think I could afford it with two kids and mortgage
What would you like to teach- in demand subjects offer competitive bursaries.

What would you like to teach- in demand subjects offer competitive bursaries.
it would be primary. It’s something that I have wanted to do since I was younger but stupidly changed my a levels to be with friends... I would shake that girl now and say don’t make stupid decisions!! Haha

Reactions: 2
it would be primary. It’s something that I have wanted to do since I was younger but stupidly changed my a levels to be with friends... I would shake that girl now and say don’t make stupid decisions!! Haha
Have a look at schools direct or the teaching partnership- might be able to do it now but could give you ideas for the future!
(I think we would all give our teenage selves a shake if we could!)

Its just a new role for me with lots of expectations and it’s basically lone working when I’m used to a team, I just think now that I’m in the role it doesn’t quite fit for me. I feel like I’ve been dropped in the deep end and the people aren’t the friendliest so I feel on the outs already and like I’m working against a tide with everything all together.
Do you work in the hotel industry by any chance? You don’t have to say the hotel name? I do and if you do,then I can fully see why you feel you have been dropped in at the drop end that is because you have been. And the lone working thing even after the length of time I have been doing it,it really doesn’t get any better. It’s so scary being the sole person responsible for EVERYTHING. If you are in hotel I would suggest start job hunting before you feel as I do that, you aren’t good enough for anything else xxxx

Reactions: 1
I work as an admin in a Food distribution centre, and have been doing the same mundane job for about 3 years. I'm not super intelligent but the job I do I can probably do with my eyes closed. It's not taxing or challenging. But any new positions that come along and I apply for I get overlooked. And its super annoying when I see other admins in my department getting those jobs even though some of them have been here barely a year and don't seem to put care and attention in what they do.

My mom reckons I should find a job with someone else, but at present theres to much uncertainty going on with job losses and shop closures. Will just have to put up with doing the same old crap for awhile longer :rolleyes:

I like the job I do but I don't like the supervisor or the way she treats me. She's constantly nit picking, she shouts my name down the corridors so loudly that it almost made me deaf cos I was standing right behind her (she wasn't aware of this), she finds every opportunity to pick me up on things. She comments on what food I eat, why I am doing it x and y way and I should be doing it this way.. The result is the same, I just prefer to work differently and my manager has no issues with this! Only the supervisor does. I've been told from someone who has worked at the company for a long time that she's jealous because she likes getting praise and recognition and when the manager told her I was hard working and very efficient, she didn't like it. I am moving soon any way so I will be leaving to find somewhere else to work and I can't wait. Its in the healthcare sector so hopefully shouldn't be too difficult. Take it from me who has worked in a place where I had to get signed off for stress.. If it makes you miserable, sick to your stomach and affects your mental health, then do something about it ASAP / leave before it destroys you. It's not worth it, honestly. X

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I work as an admin in a Food distribution centre, and have been doing the same mundane job for about 3 years. I'm not super intelligent but the job I do I can probably do with my eyes closed. It's not taxing or challenging. But any new positions that come along and I apply for I get overlooked. And its super annoying when I see other admins in my department getting those jobs even though some of them have been here barely a year and don't seem to put care and attention in what they do.

My mom reckons I should find a job with someone else, but at present theres to much uncertainty going on with job losses and shop closures. Will just have to put up with doing the same old crap for awhile longer :rolleyes:
they may not be moving you because you’re so good at what you do and are reliable so they’d rather move the people that aren’t as good to see if they’re better at doing something else

Reactions: 3
they may not be moving you because you’re so good at what you do and are reliable so they’d rather move the people that aren’t as good to see if they’re better at doing something else
That's what I figured to. Absolutely crap logic - if you're good at your job you won't get promoted because you're good at your job! But if you're not so good, or you're sticking your tongue up some bosses ass then up you go to a better paid job! :mad:

All of 5 of us working in this office (all joined this month) wanna quit this tit show. Our boss is the cuntest of all cunts!

Do you work in the hotel industry by any chance? You don’t have to say the hotel name? I do and if you do,then I can fully see why you feel you have been dropped in at the drop end that is because you have been. And the lone working thing even after the length of time I have been doing it,it really doesn’t get any better. It’s so scary being the sole person responsible for EVERYTHING. If you are in hotel I would suggest start job hunting before you feel as I do that, you aren’t good enough for anything else xxxx
I work in a hospital but it’s a new hospital and works very differently to where I was previously i.e. lone working on the wards etc

Last edited:
I don't hate my job so much but it's a lonely one as my colleagues are all a good 15 years older than me as a minimum. I'm also one of two in my team now working in my office as everyone else decided they wanted to stay permanently working from home. I got put in charge of office covid safety so need to be about. I sit alone in an office all day by myself, and while its nice I've not got someone breathing down my neck, I just really resent it for some reason, even more so on a Sunday evening before I am due back in!

• Sad
I’ve grown to hate my job. I used to kind of fly under the radar and do my own thing, but then people started noticing and I got asked to take on way more responsibilities, including managing a large team (but not having any input into hiring). I did get a pay increase but a) I didn’t need one and b) it’s a pandemic so there’s nothing to spend money on anyways. I would way rather go back to doing my old job really well than try to mentor a team with so many people who frankly just aren’t cut out for the field. There’s also some conflict because a handful of people on the team have way more experience than me (by decades) and they actually applied for my job when there was an internal posting. I didn’t even apply and had no idea so many people had actually put their names forward when I was asked (begged) to take the job. So yeah, there are a lot of factors making the last two years quite unpleasant. I stay because I keep hoping I’ll get my old job (and the other cut!) back; but I’ve set a deadline of May 30th to either revert to my old position or apply for positions elsewhere.

I’m now signed off sick. Hit crisis point last week and had a meltdown. As much as I like working from home I am fed up of being told “well you’re part time” my team don’t want to change how the admin side of the job works to reflect how we do work now, their system is chaotic - filing one document in four different places?! And no one is interested in letting me develop my skills set because I am part time. You are more likely to keep me if you do let me develop! Our line manager made comments about childcare over lockdown 1 on my appraisal and sends rude passive aggressive emails.

I have seen a job I’m going to apply for elsewhere.

• Heart
I’m now signed off sick. Hit crisis point last week and had a meltdown. As much as I like working from home I am fed up of being told “well you’re part time” my team don’t want to change how the admin side of the job works to reflect how we do work now, their system is chaotic - filing one document in four different places?! And no one is interested in letting me develop my skills set because I am part time. You are more likely to keep me if you do let me develop! Our line manager made comments about childcare over lockdown 1 on my appraisal and sends rude passive aggressive emails.

I have seen a job I’m going to apply for elsewhere.
this may sound stupid but how do you actually get signed off sick? Like is it easy or do doctors try not to. I’ve always thought if I went and told them the truth they would sign me off but I don’t know...

this may sound stupid but how do you actually get signed off sick? Like is it easy or do doctors try not to. I’ve always thought if I went and told them the truth they would sign me off but I don’t know...
Go to the doctor and tell them how you feel and how it is effecting you.

I've been really fed up this week, im applying for anything i can find but unfortunately not having much luck. Just the though of having to work out a 4 week notice period fills me with dread but im hoping when i leave im allowed to use some of my AL to make up notice period

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I've been really fed up this week, im applying for anything i can find but unfortunately not having much luck. Just the though of having to work out a 4 week notice period fills me with dread but im hoping when i leave im allowed to use some of my AL to make up notice period
At least you will have an escape route then.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.