Does anyone hate their job?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t know how much longer I can stomach my job for. Had an interview today and despite prepping I was still really nervous. I want to move on but interviews are a mental block for me. Got another possible avenue but that’ll be a 2-stager and I’m so done with reading up on companies ☹

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Pattern of headaches when I’m working. I’d been complaining on and off for weeks but only when I took time off for holidays and the headaches stopped and now are returning one week back I’ve jointed the dots.
I hate it. The job not even the people. It’s relentless and I feel I have to be switched on all the time like a performing seal. I could walk out but I don’t know if we could afford to be down my money (approx 1200 per month) for a prolonged period of time
Problem is I don’t know where to start. I need out of the industry but have never done anything else and have no idea where to start.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Pattern of headaches when I’m working. I’d been complaining on and off for weeks but only when I took time off for holidays and the headaches stopped and now are returning one week back I’ve jointed the dots.
I hate it. The job not even the people. It’s relentless and I feel I have to be switched on all the time like a performing seal. I could walk out but I don’t know if we could afford to be down my money (approx 1200 per month) for a prolonged period of time
Problem is I don’t know where to start. I need out of the industry but have never done anything else and have no idea where to start.
What type of industry are you currently working in, if you don't mind sharing?
I've found from friends and family that many people who thought they were stuck in their industry very successfully transitioned into other careers, even though at first glance, they don't really seem to have anything in common.
My sister used to be an event manager and then worked in an advisory company for people a looking to set up public schools. They loved her as her planning was immaculate and they never had anyone with that skillset....

Reactions: 1
I have an interview next week for a huge national charity (STILL BAFFLED HOW I MANAGED TO DO THAT 🤯). I have a presentation to do but not a clue where to start with it 😭. Does anyone have advice on how to make cases to put forward to leaders to invest in a service? Or how to share ideas what works well/what doesn’t across sites? ARGH!!! I really want this

• Heart
Reactions: 4
i have a few months left but i've 100% decided on quitting after this season (sometime by the end of this year), and have started applying for some remote part time jobs already. i do already have another job which is amazing but was hit badly by covid. now it's coming back again i'm seeing even more how much i hate my primary job next to that one. but now that i know i'm leaving, i do feel a bit better, a few months to get through now and then the agony is over!

Reactions: 4
Made an honest mistake at work yesterday and I already know I’m going to be tit talked tonight because of it. Get. Me. Out

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I applied for yet another job internally and initially received an email stating they are interested in my profile and would be willing to interview me. Fast forward, 4 days later, I received a rejection email without even getting the chance to interview.

Most people I know have been moving from role to another internally pretty easily, while I keep getting rejected within 3-4 days. I don't know what is happening, but I have to say, this definitely says I have no future in the company.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I applied for yet another job internally and initially received an email stating they are interested in my profile and would be willing to interview me. Fast forward, 4 days later, I received a rejection email without even getting the chance to interview.

Most people I know have been moving from role to another internally pretty easily, while I keep getting rejected within 3-4 days. I don't know what is happening, but I have to say, this definitely says I have no future in the company.
You need to ask why.

Reactions: 2
I have an interview next week for a huge national charity (STILL BAFFLED HOW I MANAGED TO DO THAT 🤯). I have a presentation to do but not a clue where to start with it 😭. Does anyone have advice on how to make cases to put forward to leaders to invest in a service? Or how to share ideas what works well/what doesn’t across sites? ARGH!!! I really want this
Are the leaders in the scenario internal or external to the organisation? And in terms of sharing what works across sites are you thinking qualitative feedback or performance metrics? Also is something ‘working well’ something this org considers an internal measurement or based on service user feedback?

Are the leaders in the scenario internal or external to the organisation? And in terms of sharing what works across sites are you thinking qualitative feedback or performance metrics? Also is something ‘working well’ something this org considers an internal measurement or based on service user feedback?
It’s a bit of a mix really. This will involve supporting teams within the NHS to put cases forward to Trust leaders about investing in the service further. With the sharing good practice it is a mix of both again, about sharing feedback from patients about their care but also if trusts have created resources, how would be best to share this across the country. I’m starting to think I’m maybe better at the actual care than trying to make change 😭

I hated my job I had last year. No care for the staff at all, and all the managers cared about was sniffing ❄ and sleeping with the young girls at the work parties!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Hey Guys! I hope you all are well. I don't know if you remember me. I went on a job interview but didn't get it. I went on another one last week and got it. I signed the contract this week and I can't be more happier, it fels like I´m finally free.

Please don't give up guys,you´ll be out of your tit hole to job soon, i believe in you <3

• Heart
Reactions: 23
just bought wine and crisps. Crap work week as usual
Hope you all get to enjoy the weekend guys x

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Accidentally locked myself out of my account this afternoon at 4.30pm. Probably a sign from god that I shouldn’t work the weekend like I originally had planned because I’m juggling far too much. Hope everyone has a good weekend ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 5
working all weekend... but today i heard back from a remote part time job i had applied for and they want to interview me ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I have spent days crying over my job. I am tied in with a training agreement, which ends in 6 months but I dont think I can take any more.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Does anyone else hate their job but the perks / hours are SO convenient? I feel like a spoilt brat for hating it. Equally cba to find another lol

Get yourself signed off for a week or so & get some headspace.
Agree, take the time you need!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
So I have a conundrum.

I am not overtly happy in my job. I'm not at the point of quitting like I was late last year but I've had a rough time since I started it and have had to really fight for myself all the time. I've had issues with my manager not supporting me, some issues with social media and how I approached my work (all resolved now and largely due to previously mentioned lack of support) and some issues with staff shortages/supply chain shortages/basically all the wheels falling off at every point. I work in a hospital for context.

I've been passively looking for a new job since I got back from holiday in the spring and found one that I am really excited about. It's a new industry, full 2 year on the job training, well supported, basically what I do now but without the bullshit and a lot of the same perks (and then some more on top). It's a higher wage, better hours, no weekends, better holiday, options to work from home, well known company that treats its staff well. I'm in the interview process for this at the moment and am fairly confident if I get a second interview I'd be accepted.

I've also found a job that's being advertised by a different hospital which is much better than the one I'm at now, has a bigger department, I wouldn't be the only person in the team doing the job and I know that the recruiting manager is very supportive and favours training staff over replacing them (opposite way round at my current place). However the hours are much worse (weekends still, they do long days rather than 9 - 5) AND - the biggest problem - we'd have to relocate to a very expensive part of the world. A part of the world we've always wanted to move to, but one that commands house prices not far off of London, and is notorious for being awful to drive around. I love our house and we wouldn't get anything close to what we have now in a commutable area of that hospital.

I haven't applied for the second job yet but am quite confident I'd get an interview for it when I did apply. My issue is I feel like I'm at a total 3 way cross roads. Either I stay here and see if this uptick is going to carry on, which would give me the opportunity to grow in this role and enact some really good change for our patients, I jump ship to the new industry or do I relocate and hope that this new hospital is as rosy as it sounds?

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.