Does anyone hate their job?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Good news is that ive been offered another role which i am very excited about but now very anxious about handing in notice as i'm still working from home and currently only have twice monthly check ins with manager. I have to give four weeks notice by my contract however i got the job offer last week verbally and nothing in writing until today and i did not want to hand in notice until i had something written. I am still sitting on around 80% of my leave allowance which is due to expire at end of August, so does anyone have experience with shorter notice period been granted due to spare leave? Or would i be best to apologize to new employer saying i have to give a longer week notice?
Depending on your company, if they want you to serve the 4 weeks notice, your leave = money; if they don't want/need you to serve the notice, you can use the leave to offset the days that you would need to serve, so you may potentially serve less than 2 week

Reactions: 5
Hi all,

We received an email from an MD in London asking whether we would like to come back to the office after July 19th. We're based in Ireland and have not been approached by anyone locally. The MD has requested us to respond, so that they can gauge interest. Apparently, there is no obligation to come back right away, but the possibility is there for anyone who wants to come back.

I joined the company a year ago during lockdown 1 and would personally prefer to continue working remotely.

How do I phrase this without sounding like I don't want to work there at all?

Reactions: 3
I need to hand in my notice because I have received a job offer but I'm scared I'll be moving onto another job that I might hate. I'm in two minds but a manager reduced me to tears yesterday and my manager basically justified his behaviour so I need to get out because I honestly felt so attacked by both of them. I need to hand in my notice by Monday to make sure I give them 4 weeks notice but I don't know.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I need to hand in my notice because I have received a job offer but I'm scared I'll be moving onto another job that I might hate. I'm in two minds but a manager reduced me to tears yesterday and my manager basically justified his behaviour so I need to get out because I honestly felt so attacked by both of them. I need to hand in my notice by Monday to make sure I give them 4 weeks notice but I don't know.
Hand it in! U less you are really unsure about this job and have valid reasons to be. Life is too short to be in a job you hate. Take it from me, it can make you very ill

Reactions: 9
Absolutely!
I used to be a prison officer and absolutely adored the job.
I moved back up norf due to family issues and ended working in insurance and I can say the company is absolutely lovely but the job is literally killing me mentally.
I’m hoping to go back to doing what I love on the next intake but I honestly can’t take much more of this tit any longer.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Hand it in! U less you are really unsure about this job and have valid reasons to be. Life is too short to be in a job you hate. Take it from me, it can make you very ill
I think I am scared because it is only a 12 month fixed term contract and I won't be able to work from home which I have become really used to. I have been affected by covid quite badly but I am fully vaccinated now and I have had covid so not a lot more I can do in that regard. I struggle with change but I don't think I can handle working at my current job much longer because the level of disrespect and lack of empathy is disgusting. The pay is crap and I definitely don't feel appreciated. The pay is much better with the new job so I think I may just need to bite the bullet and hand in my notice. I've been at my current job for two years and in all honesty I have never enjoyed it but I kept at it because I did not want to bee jobless and needed the money. It's broken me many times and it's time I look after myself I think!
Absolutely!
I used to be a prison officer and absolutely adored the job.
I moved back up norf due to family issues and ended working in insurance and I can say the company is absolutely lovely but the job is literally killing me mentally.
I’m hoping to go back to doing what I love on the next intake but I honestly can’t take much more of this tit any longer.
I completely understand @ killing you mentally and I really hope you can go back to doing what you love. I hope you have some support around you because that is very important.

Reactions: 2
I completely understand @ killing you mentally and I really hope you can go back to doing what you love. I hope you have some support around you because that is very important.
I absolutely will it’s just waiting for them to advertise again. I absolutely do, support is everything for me at the minute and they’re absolute diamonds.
Thank you. X

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Never the work ... it always comes down to the people. I've had the most boring jobs but working with lovely people that have made them worthwhile; and I've had fabulous jobs where the people have made them untenable.

I freelance now which is good in that I can generally be choosy about who I work for, but this is changing in the post-Covid world ... there's more competition making the opportunities few and far between, plus everyone seems so darned stressed out about everything.

I'm working for a client at the moment who is making things very hard indeed. As much as I love the money I'm going to have to walk away as it's affecting my mental health.

• Heart
Handed in my notice today but I'm really hoping I don't end up regretting my decision!

Reactions: 10
I feel like I’ve hated every job I’ve ever had but my current job is making me feel so down. I work In a customer services job (which can be challenging enough anyway) but the management just give us no support and make it feel like such a toxic environment.
Its got to the point where I’m not even looking forward to the weekend as I just dread going back on the Monday. Have been WFH since last March and supposed to be going back to the office in a few weeks which makes me feel sick (I’m sure some kinda normality will be better for me mentally) but I really don’t want to face people and pretend I love my job when I literally sit at my screen rolling my eyes or crying lol. Also so many of my colleagues have been signed off sick/left in the last few months and I just think I need to leave next or I won’t be brave enough to do it.
Does anyone else feel like this? Sorry for the huge essay but just typing that out made me feel slightly better!

• Heart
Just to let everyone know - I am the original poster of this thread and I have finally left my horrible job. A week to get my head straight before I start my new job, and I have never felt so relieved in my life!

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I feel like I’ve hated every job I’ve ever had but my current job is making me feel so down. I work In a customer services job (which can be challenging enough anyway) but the management just give us no support and make it feel like such a toxic environment.
Its got to the point where I’m not even looking forward to the weekend as I just dread going back on the Monday. Have been WFH since last March and supposed to be going back to the office in a few weeks which makes me feel sick (I’m sure some kinda normality will be better for me mentally) but I really don’t want to face people and pretend I love my job when I literally sit at my screen rolling my eyes or crying lol. Also so many of my colleagues have been signed off sick/left in the last few months and I just think I need to leave next or I won’t be brave enough to do it.
Does anyone else feel like this? Sorry for the huge essay but just typing that out made me feel slightly better!
Doctors.... sick note for anxiety and on your RTW ensure you have WFH :) best of luck!

I also sit at my desk and break my heart scrolling at my screen. I work with people who half arse tit. I’ve literally ended up with my anxiety going off the scale as I was pulled in for a “productivity review” because I was dealing with a file for over 2 hours. My productivity is always sky high and they pull me in for one day. Best laugh is if I said “send it in we will review in date order” and didn’t bother to do the work what needed doing there and then nothing would have been said.

I thought everyone hated their job 🙈
Absolutely depends on what you do. At 18 I worked in bar whilst at uni and loved that job. The prisons I have worked in I absolutely adored working there. I was a good officer and got on well and was respected. Now I work in a modern day pit and it’s tit. Company is lovely cannot fault the company. But years ago everyone worked down the mines now a days everybody works in a contact centre. Hence the term modern day pit.

Last edited:
Congrats @Peakyblinders 🍾

Very relatable! There always comes a point in jobs where it becomes intolerable for me, usually 12-18 months. I really can’t fathom how they have long-timers, but then it’s usually people who got in early and are paid enough to make staying viable. Numerous people have left or gone off with burn-out this past-year at my job. I think when it gets like that you just have to dip your toe and look elsewhere. The prospect of that can be so draining, though.

Still not heard back about my raise 🤪 but there’s money in the pot for a new team member. My colleague and I have asked for an admin assistant to help us but my manager wants a higher level (which would be no use) and has magicked up the min £30k (I’m assuming) for this person (no doubt another guy) 🙄 it was all budgets and sign-offs when I asked for a fair wage. I’ve got to update my CV today as someone reached out on LinkedIn with a great job.

Reactions: 1
Hi all,

We received an email from an MD in London asking whether we would like to come back to the office after July 19th. We're based in Ireland and have not been approached by anyone locally. The MD has requested us to respond, so that they can gauge interest. Apparently, there is no obligation to come back right away, but the possibility is there for anyone who wants to come back.

I joined the company a year ago during lockdown 1 and would personally prefer to continue working remotely.

How do I phrase this without sounding like I don't want to work there at all?
Really late to reply here but something along the lines of '...great news that the office is scheduled to reopen. I've found working remotely excellent and my productivity has been consistently good etc. etc. and so I'm content to remain working remotely for now' then sandwich it with some more positivity like you're excited to meet your colleagues/something like that when the time comes and society opens up.

Really late to reply here but something along the lines of '...great news that the office is scheduled to reopen. I've found working remotely excellent and my productivity has been consistently good etc. etc. and so I'm content to remain working remotely for now' then sandwich it with some more positivity like you're excited to meet your colleagues/something like that when the time comes and society opens up.
Thank you!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.