Does anyone hate their job?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm in need of some advice.

I want to apply for this internal role, but the company requires a tenure of 1 year before you can apply for an internal move. I've been with the company 11 months. I haven't had a single 1-1 since I joined and management has shown no interest in me at all.

Do you reckon I should apply or wait until I hit the one year mark?

Reactions: 3
I’ve not been able to scan or print anything for the last 3 days because the printer has become disconnected wirelessly to my PC. I asked if anyone knew the pin it was asking me for. I got blank stares. FFS. Ok I won’t print anything ever again. (Tried looking on routers myself and can’t see anything) 🤬🤬🤬

rant over.

• Heart
Reactions: 1

I want to apply for this internal role, but the company requires a tenure of 1 year before you can apply for an internal move. I've been with the company 11 months. I haven't had a single 1-1 since I joined and management has shown no interest in me at all.

I would apply anyway! No harm in doing so, the worst they can say is no. Do you have a line manager or someone you trust you can chat with?

Reactions: 4
I met with my new HoD today and it went really well. She seems very much on my wavelength about how my team ought to be working efficiently and managing data more effectively. Now if I can negotiate a term time contract I'd be even happier...

Reactions: 2

Defo apply! Surely they would accept your application at 11 months, it would probably be 12 after interview and handover etc
Good luck!

Reactions: 7
I would apply anyway! No harm in doing so, the worst they can say is no. Do you have a line manager or someone you trust you can chat with?
Thank you.

The line manager is on extended leave and won't be back until September. I don't really have anyone to be honest. It's shocking, hence the fact I am seeking to move.

Defo apply! Surely they would accept your application at 11 months, it would probably be 12 after interview and handover etc
Good luck!
Thank you!

You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take...as I once saw on a motivational poster!

Just go for it. By the time of the start date you would probably have the required 12 months anyway.

Yep apply not your fault no 1 to 1 so why not. Good luck

I would apply, but have you got a HR dept or anyone you can email to say you’re applying, even if it goes unread? If not, I’d apply and just email the contact on the job just so you’ve covered all bases. Don’t let their poor standards affect yours and whatnot. Good luck ✨

Defo apply, and I will try to make contact with the hiring team (if you can) to throw yourself out there to show interest.. You can phrase it as I want to learn more about the role blah blah

I don’t necessarily hate my job but I hate the client that I work for.

I spend all day every day with the client (although thankfully I am still wfh currently but that could change anytime) and as a business their team has really poor attitudes for the most part. There are 1 or 2 really lovely people that I only get to deal with once in a while but my main contacts are rude, unprofessional, moody and unaccountable for anything they do wrong. Also I think they are run by quite unscrupulous people - they have made several questionable, possibly illegal, actions over the past year which just doesn’t sit right with me.

I am getting increasingly frustrated by it. There is only me and my boss on the account. I have tried to raise it with her before but she very much does not want to deal with it and just kind of shrugs and says that’s how this account works. I think things could be made so much better for everyone (us and our client) with just a few changes to processes (or actually creating some processes and adhering to critical paths) but like I said my boss isn’t interested. I am at the point now where I have kind of given up.

The company I work for is large and has many other clients so I am considering looking into an internal move to see if it would be any better but I’m not sure. I only started working there in March last year so I would rather not change so quickly if I can avoid it as I feel I am only just settled but I don’t know how much longer I can take these horrible attitudes and being blamed for their errors.

I'm really pissed off right now. I've just finished the weekend shift, at the care home where I work. Yesterday was difficult, because the home was short staffed. I helped out with some tasks, that I don't usually do, until another member of staff was called on urgently. She stayed until 1pm.
At the end of my shift, the senior carer thanked me for what I had done, and told me it was very much appreciated. I felt that I had made some progress, in what has been a job with difficulties from the begining.
Today I reminded myself that no two working days are ever the same where I work. To be honest I struggled a bit today, because I was catching up on the work I didn't do yesterday. But I thought I was getting on better with some of the staff who work there. Then about half an hour before my shift ended, I was asked to make a bed- it didn't need making, the resident was being fussy. But I went and started making the bed. Suddenly one of the carers came in, and spoke to the resident. She said she would come back after I have TRIED to make the bed. I always find fitting duvet covers difficult. I have had difficulties with this carer from almost the beginning. For much of the time, she has been unfriendly, even a little hostile sometimes. Now it seems, she has started with the sarcastic remarks.
I was deeply upset for the rest of the shift, and couldn't wait to go home.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
The company kept bragging about a company wide "break day" (using a different word, just in case) thus shutting down the entire bank on Friday to allow people to "disconnect". Yet, on Thursday afternoon we got an email from our manager asking whether someone could log in on Saturday (as in the Saturday right after the "break day") to test some system following an overnight production maintenance. The manager couldn't do it herself because she was meant to be away with her family and couldn't take her laptop.

I'm baffled at the hypocrisy. Bragging about this wellness initiative to grant a "break day" to the entire bank on the same day, yet have the audacity to ask someone to log in to work on the following Saturday morning to work. We don't work on weekends and don't get paid extra-hours. Thus, free work for them. This "break day" was all over my LinkedIn feed over the weekend & I had the great idea to undertake this task. What a joke. All of this is a marketing ploy.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
The company kept bragging about a company wide "break day" (using a different word, just in case) thus shutting down the entire bank on Friday to allow people to "disconnect". Yet, on Thursday afternoon we got an email from our manager asking whether someone could log in on Saturday (as in the Saturday right after the "break day") to test some system following an overnight production maintenance. The manager couldn't do it herself because she was meant to be away with her family and couldn't take her laptop.

I'm baffled at the hypocrisy. Bragging about this wellness initiative to grant a "break day" to the entire bank on the same day, yet have the audacity to ask someone to log in to work on the following Saturday morning to work. We don't work on weekends and don't get paid extra-hours. Thus, free work for them. This "break day" was all over my LinkedIn feed over the weekend & I had the great idea to undertake this task. What a joke. All of this is a marketing ploy.
Similar to some companies saying they care. But the constant meetings, deadlines training workshops makes you think is all this worth it. My words for my job, annoying, frustrating, tedious and brick wall.
Yep I need to leave.

Similar to some companies saying they care. But the constant meetings, deadlines training workshops makes you think is all this worth it. My words for my job, annoying, frustrating, tedious and brick wall.
Yep I need to leave.
I concur.

Here's how I would describe my situation:
The company culture it would be: highly bureaucratic, red-tape obsessed, flat line (as in boring atmosphere), lack of interest in employees unless it's for marketing purposes.

The job itself: unrealistic deadlines, no work-life balance, non-sensical processes, reward-less.

I probably would need move on too.

I left my last job after a year and a half (fantastic company, horrendous job) thinking I'd wind up with a more interesting job. I ended up in a company I'm not clicking with what I thought would be a slightly better job, but nothing blows my mind really. If I leave now after a year or so, recruiters will think I'm a job hopper even though I spent 3 years with their predecessor.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Finally handed my notice in Friday and waiting for a start date for my new job! Couldn’t wait any longer so if I am out of work for a short while so be it. My mental health is more important.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

This company's name wouldn't begin with a T and be a single word name would it?

My team is as bad as I had anticipated. 3 people left in the last month and were were never told. Two moved internally and one left the company altogether. None of them sent an email to even say "goodbye" to the team and there was no farewell Zoom call. We only found out they were gone from the either a delivery failure email (for the one who exited the company) or through the group directory for the others. As I was saying, the management is non-existent clearly.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Lmao yes. I hated one of my jobs Jan - May. I complained about it basically the entire time. I finally quit and I’ve been out of work for a month now. Money’s running low so I’ll have to figure something out very soon. But the sweet relief I got from finally leaving that workplace was pretty nice. No regrets.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.