Does anyone hate their job?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am in the midst of job hunting, I am wondering if it will be good to have a job hunting thread here on Tattle (I know is more of a gossip side) to get a realistic feedbacks/ views about everything job hunting.

I can relate to this! When I look so some of the idiot who are in senior positions in my current company, I told myself 'if they can do it, I could'. There are two types of people, people who are good in talking or people who are good in their job.
I would love a thread like that and yes I often feel like that about those in senior positions. Some people just have the gift of the gab and are awful at their job. It annoys me so much because I put my everything into a soul wrecking job. I just wish I could hand in my notice and go on holiday myself to forget about all the worries in my life. Woe is me is definitely how I'm feeling right now.

I have found a new job and working my notice now.
So happy for you!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I don't hate the job, but it's 9pm and I'm still awaiting for an approval from senior management to publish a report that needs to be published today. We got one long awaited approval (as in, we waited 3 weeks) at the last minute about two hours ago and now, I'm still waiting for the second approval. God knows when, I'll get it. 11.59pm? Definitely not logging in at 9am sharp tomorrow morning. I'm not even paid for all this extra-time (smh). I've been working since 9am. I'm basically now working both EU and US hours at this point. There goes my "I need to reduce my screen time" after business hours.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I actually like my job, but the people make it difficult. The work environment is like high school. They purposely go out of their way to exclude me from things. It really used to make me upset but now I just try and ignore them. I love the actual "work" part of my job so its a shame.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I don't hate the job, but it's 9pm and I'm still awaiting for an approval from senior management to publish a report that needs to be published today. We got one long awaited approval (as in, we waited 3 weeks) at the last minute about two hours ago and now, I'm still waiting for the second approval. God knows when, I'll get it. 11.59pm? Definitely not logging in at 9am sharp tomorrow morning. I'm not even paid for all this extra-time (smh). I've been working since 9am. I'm basically now working both EU and US hours at this point. There goes my "I need to reduce my screen time" after business hours.
Yep, they're holding me hostage at this point. It's 10pm, the approval still hasn't come through. This is an utter joke. I need to go to bed now. All this extra time is for free. Seriously.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Went to my boss for a review. I’ve been there almost 18 months now, my responsibilities have increased a lot but I’m not paid what I should be. He gave me some woolly “do everything you’ve lined out and we can discuss pay in 12 months, budgets blah blah”. Erm, that would be 2.5 years and by that time if I achieve what I set out I should be earning almost double my salary never mind a bump.

It’s annoying me as my male colleague has been very close to him since our line manager left. I never get a call back but they’re always working together. He apparently got a raise recently in the last 6 months, now his title has changed and he’s no doubt had another raise. I asked why my title can’t be change as it doesn’t fit, got to wait.

I’d also like to know why he has had targets for progression and given a role that didn’t exist when my line manager left. It is obviously something concocted in the past few months between them. Yet I should wait 2.5 years. Whiffs of something.

ETA - yes, I hate my job right now!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Went to my boss for a review. I’ve been there almost 18 months now, my responsibilities have increased a lot but I’m not paid what I should be. He gave me some woolly “do everything you’ve lined out and we can discuss pay in 12 months, budgets blah blah”. Erm, that would be 2.5 years and by that time if I achieve what I set out I should be earning almost double my salary never mind a bump.

It’s annoying me as my male colleague has been very close to him since our line manager left. I never get a call back but they’re always working together. He apparently got a raise recently in the last 6 months, now his title has changed and he’s no doubt had another raise. I asked why my title can’t be change as it doesn’t fit, got to wait.

I’d also like to know why he has had targets for progression and given a role that didn’t exist when my line manager left. It is obviously something concocted in the past few months between them. Yet I should wait 2.5 years. Whiffs of something.

ETA - yes, I hate my job right now!
Yep seems that way. I would write or type out all your thoughts and then firnally ask for a review and even take HR if you gave a department and state your thought.
The other thing is and sorry for being obvious look for another role while all the happens start now get CV ready and upload to Indeed CV library and agencies no harm you never know what might be out there.
Good luck ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Hi guys I have provisionally been offered a new job subject to pre employment checks. I was just wondering what the “rules” are with regards to notice periods? Do you HAVE to do your whole notice period like what would happen if you didn’t? My current work place is 2 months notice period and I am not prepared to do that. X

Hi guys I have provisionally been offered a new job subject to pre employment checks. I was just wondering what the “rules” are with regards to notice periods? Do you HAVE to do your whole notice period like what would happen if you didn’t? My current work place is 2 months notice period and I am not prepared to do that. X
Good luck! Depends what is writing into your contract. Not sure if you have to do as it says in contract but some places stick to it. But if they get a new person for your job train then and go. Worth an ask of HR or request you leave early will it affect any holiday pay or pay?

You’re breaching your contract if you don’t work your notice and your employer can bring legal proceedings against you for damages if they will suffer a financial loss because of this. Very rare unless you’re incredibly high up in your workplace. Most employers are usually willing to negotiate with you and you could try to negotiate it to less and use any annual leave you’ve accrued to shorten it more x

I left early from my old, horrible job. Took the hit on holiday pay and they took the money from my last wage from them. I couldn’t stand anymore time there than I physically had to. That month my bank account was at 0 by the time I’d pay essential bills but let me tell you it was worth every penny to get myself out of that toxic environment.
All the best in your new job.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Came across my resignation letter template whilst editing my CV. The temptation to just email it to my manager on Monday is so real but I must carry on with a sensible head. 😕

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I was fine with my job up until this week back in the office. My boss has recruited a new person on the sly and has been getting them to snitch and do all her jobs. They go off for meetings so they can discuss what people say and do. I work from home most the time so it isn't too bad but I just hate all the secrets and being sly.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 7
I left early from my old, horrible job. Took the hit on holiday pay and they took the money from my last wage from them. I couldn’t stand anymore time there than I physically had to. That month my bank account was at 0 by the time I’d pay essential bills but let me tell you it was worth every penny to get myself out of that toxic environment.
All the best in your new job.
I want to do this. It’s making me sooo miserable I am not sure how much longer I can stay for! X

• Sad
Just want to say hang on in there to all you people still struggling. I don't think Ive posted in this group before but I've read it for weeks. After being furloughed for 5 months last year my boss made our working days unbearable. He changed things with no consultation, lowered wages and generally told us we had 2 choices, like it or lump it. I regularly came home from work crying, barely slept and over ate to comfort myself. In February I applied for a job I really wanted in a very limited job market in my area. I was shortlisted, interviewed, had a second interview and was offered he job. I started last week and I can't believe the sense of relief. Have faith in yourselves, you willl find something else and if you need to leave before finding another job do it. I didn't realise the full impact my toxic workplace was having on my mental health til I left and the change in me in just over a week is incredible.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I actually like my job, but the people make it difficult. The work environment is like high school. They purposely go out of their way to exclude me from things. It really used to make me upset but now I just try and ignore them. I love the actual "work" part of my job so its a shame.
In my experience, it's always the people who make or break a job.

Reactions: 10
I've stopped enjoying my job, I wouldn't say I was quite at the hate stage at the moment though i have been in the past. I'm self employed and had to close for 5 months during the first lockdown. It made me realise that my job caused me a lot of stress and unhappiness and that I didn't want to do it any more. Unfortunately being in the middle of a pandemic, it wasn't the best time to start looking for a job elsewhere and then I got the opportunity to reopen and thought some income was better than none!

A year down the line though, I'm still unhappy, still no idea what I'd rather do and having not had to apply for a job or have an interview for nearly 16 years it's almost easier to stay put than think about putting myself through all that!

For the third time in the past year, I've made it to the third interview and then not got the job or any decent feedback. I'm honestly starting to feel so tit about myself and I know that's because a big part of my self-esteem is wrapped up in what I do for a living. I wish it wasn't but that's how it is. I've tried talking to people close to me about it but I just get the impression that they feel I'm overreacting.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.