Does anyone hate their job?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you all for your really lovely comments, Ive decided Iā€™m going to hand my notice in next week, no job is worth this amount of stress, feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders already

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Thank you all for your really lovely comments, Ive decided Iā€™m going to hand my notice in next week, no job is worth this amount of stress, feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders already
Best of luck and have a good chat with someone you trust as it might help too and I do this, write stuff down that you feel should be said. Have a good weekend ā¤

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Another sleepless night due to hating my job. I have a zoom call with my manager today and Iā€™m this close to handing in my notice, although I havenā€™t made my weekly target so I think Iā€™m close to being let go anyway.
Ive only been in this job for a month and itā€™s my biggest regret.
You've been there a month and they are hassling you about not making your target?! They sound vile, what is the job if you don't mind me asking? I would have thought that in the first month they are supposed to ease you in and offer support :eek:

Reactions: 9
Employers in the UK are not allowed to give a negative reference. They are only allowed to confirm dates of employment and job title. If they were to give a qualitative reference that would prevent you from getting another job you could sue them for compensation.
Unfortunately, this isn't true. You can be given a "bad" reference provided it is accurate. For example if it was proven you stole from a workplace, they could say this to someone else requesting a reference. Most workplaces do only confirm dates and job titles however to avoid any claims etc.

Reactions: 3
So something happened at work and my manager has accused me of something that I have not done. Without giving much away, I have been accused of some sort of office etiquette and I know it's definitely not me. This happened during a meeting with HR and my manager didn't have any evidence other than ''it always happens when you are in''. Is it worth making a complaint to HR about it because it's so offensive and I'm really upset about it? I also know it's a wrong accusation because I have not done this...

Reactions: 6
So something happened at work and my manager has accused me of something that I have not done. Without giving much away, I have been accused of some sort of office etiquette and I know it's definitely not me. This happened during a meeting with HR and my manager didn't have any evidence other than ''it always happens when you are in''. Is it worth making a complaint to HR about it because it's so offensive and I'm really upset about it? I also know it's a wrong accusation because I have not done this...
How long have you worked there? More or less than two years? Iā€™d suggest giving ACAS a call and see what they suggest.

You could have an informal chat with HR and then read up on your company grievance procedure if things arenā€™t resolved. Just remember that HR arenā€™t there for you, theyā€™ll support the company first.

Reactions: 2
Unfortunately, this isn't true. You can be given a "bad" reference provided it is accurate. For example if it was proven you stole from a workplace, they could say this to someone else requesting a reference. Most workplaces do only confirm dates and job titles however to avoid any claims etc.
But thatā€™s different, this would be related to a formal disciplinary procedure and potentially a criminal offense.

What you cannot do is talk about peopleā€™s performance, eg ā€œshe didnā€™t meet her targetā€

Reactions: 1
How long have you worked there? More or less than two years? Iā€™d suggest giving ACAS a call and see what they suggest.

You could have an informal chat with HR and then read up on your company grievance procedure if things arenā€™t resolved. Just remember that HR arenā€™t there for you, theyā€™ll support the company first.
I have been there for nearly 3 years and thank you I'll look into it

But thatā€™s different, this would be related to a formal disciplinary procedure and potentially a criminal offense.

What you cannot do is talk about peopleā€™s performance, eg ā€œshe didnā€™t meet her targetā€
This still isnā€™t true. Performance can be mentioned, again as long as itā€™s accurate... ā€œcan include details about workersā€™ performanceā€. This would include targets etc. šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

E40F25E8-6122-4D2F-A427-DF06603A8CCB.png

Yes fight your ground. If you have done nothing why take the blame? You have a right to be angry and upset. Good luck

This potentially needs its own thread but - has anyone had experience with not working your full notice period?

My notice period in my contract is 3 months (seems to be the norm in finance), but if offered the new job I would rather only do 2.. Is it even worth asking my employer?

This potentially needs its own thread but - has anyone had experience with not working your full notice period?

My notice period in my contract is 3 months (seems to be the norm in finance), but if offered the new job I would rather only do 2.. Is it even worth asking my employer?
It could be mutually agreed but if contracted to 3 months then that is that. Leaving early without agreement will be breaching that contract; works other way around though. It's always worth asking for it to be considered, they can only say no. A new employer will wait for you as it's common for 3 months notice as you pointed out.

I've only ever know longer than a month notice been given if you had been with the Company X amount of years. Worth an ask if you do. So long as Company get a new person in and are trained why make you stay? If you ask and they say No you know you still have to do 3 months. But bizarre to hear if I am honest

I've only ever know longer than a month notice been given if you had been with the Company X amount of years. Worth an ask if you do. So long as Company get a new person in and are trained why make you stay? If you ask and they say No you know you still have to do 3 months. But bizarre to hear if I am honest
3 months is very common in my industry once you get to a certain level

Reactions: 5
I know itā€™s ridiculous I guess I just wanted to find another job before I left as a vā€™s up to them really. Also worried if you can get a bad reference? Thatā€™s giving me sleepless nights as well as Iā€™ve never got on with my manager from day 1. Will see how this meeting goes but I have my resignation email all ready šŸ˜¬
I think itā€™s illegal to give a bad reference. It also paints them in a bad light too. No job is worth the stress of not sleeping. If I was you I would take a job that is temporary whilst you look for something more permanent and to your liking. Good luck

Surely it should depend on your position .I wouldn't be happy about having to wait 3months to start a new job. Although i do know a lot of companies do it.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.