Does anyone hate their job?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really liked my job, until I found out the ceo of the company offered my manager a pay rise if he were to fire me. Now I just feel so demotivated and sad at the whole situation
That is shocking. I sometimes think the higher position the more evil you can become.

Reactions: 5
I really liked my job, until I found out the ceo of the company offered my manager a pay rise if he were to fire me. Now I just feel so demotivated and sad at the whole situation
This is so wrong! I'd be seeking some sort of advice from ACAS or something similar. That's terrible!

Reactions: 3
How did you find out?
I asked my manager to always be open and honest with me about how those higher up view me as I’ve always felt a bit uncomfortable in the workplace

This is so wrong! I'd be seeking some sort of advice from ACAS or something similar. That's terrible!
I think that would be more hassle than it’s worth, it’s a SME and I really don’t wish harm on the company so I think its better to just keep it under wraps. Definitely demotivating though

• Sad
Reactions: 1
I’m glad I found this thread! It’s made me feel a little less guilty. Full disclosure, I’m a mental health nurse. I worked on mental health wards as a nursing assistant for 6 years before and during my university training and I enjoyed both that and my training, so obviously, I thought I was fine and set for life. But I’ve been qualified for one year now and I don’t like it. I’ve been on two wards in the year and both wards I didn’t like. I know I’m good at my job, I am a good nurse and I work hard, but I don’t enjoy it. I feel AWFUL saying that, like I’m a bad person, but it’s true. You wouldn’t know I don’t like it, because of course I don’t reflect this in my work. Prior to qualifying I’d never had a day off work sick, but I’ve had loads since qualifying because I will think of literally any excuse not to be at work. I’m so worried that after all of this, maybe nursing isn’t for me. It’s the only career I’ve seen myself in since I left high school and everyone around me would be mortified if I packed it in.
Sorry guys, I guess I’m not really after advice or anything, just a vent on a thread with likeminded people 😣😂 I hope you all find the happiness you deserve in your job roles 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I asked my manager to always be open and honest with me about how those higher up view me as I’ve always felt a bit uncomfortable in the workplace

I think that would be more hassle than it’s worth, it’s a SME and I really don’t wish harm on the company so I think its better to just keep it under wraps. Definitely demotivating though
It is not an easy pill to swallow, please stay resilient. It seems that your manager is on your side, which is great!

• Heart
I’m glad I found this thread! It’s made me feel a little less guilty. Full disclosure, I’m a mental health nurse. I worked on mental health wards as a nursing assistant for 6 years before and during my university training and I enjoyed both that and my training, so obviously, I thought I was fine and set for life. But I’ve been qualified for one year now and I don’t like it. I’ve been on two wards in the year and both wards I didn’t like. I know I’m good at my job, I am a good nurse and I work hard, but I don’t enjoy it. I feel AWFUL saying that, like I’m a bad person, but it’s true. You wouldn’t know I don’t like it, because of course I don’t reflect this in my work. Prior to qualifying I’d never had a day off work sick, but I’ve had loads since qualifying because I will think of literally any excuse not to be at work. I’m so worried that after all of this, maybe nursing isn’t for me. It’s the only career I’ve seen myself in since I left high school and everyone around me would be mortified if I packed it in.
Sorry guys, I guess I’m not really after advice or anything, just a vent on a thread with likeminded people 😣😂 I hope you all find the happiness you deserve in your job roles 💕
You have to do what you want not what everyone else wants you to do. It's your life. Tough job you do. Puts my moaning to shame.

• Heart
Oh my goodness, that does not make you a bad person AT ALL!!! It must be an incredibly demanding job.

I hate mine. I've been there for six months (I left my old well paid job due to covid, essentially) and at first I thought I just felt uneasy because it was all new to me. Now I think it's just a really crappy job and one that is entirely unsuited to me. I've decided today after dealing with yet another tit storm first thing this morning that enough is enough and I'm going to temp for now. I'm going to hand my notice in on Friday I think.

Last edited:
  • Heart
You have to do what you want not what everyone else wants you to do. It's your life. Tough job you do. Puts my moaning to shame.
Not at all!! We all have our own struggles. There’s plenty of jobs I could never do and would find so difficult! I hope you’re okay ♥

Oh my goodness, that does not make you a bad person AT ALL!!! It must be an incredibly demanding job.

I hate mine. I've been there for six months (I left my old well paid job due to covid, essentially) and at first I thought I just felt uneasy because it was all new to me. Now I think it's just a really crappy job and one that is entirely unsuited to me. I've decided today after dealing with yet another tit storm first thing this morning that enough is enough and I'm going to temp for now. I'm going to hand my notice in on Friday I think.
Thank you! 💕 bloody good on you. If you’re that unhappy it’s totally not worth it at all. I know it’s so easy for me to say but you will find something that suits you, especially if you’re being so brave to take the leap! X

Reactions: 2
Not at all!! We all have our own struggles. There’s plenty of jobs I could never do and would find so difficult! I hope you’re okay ♥
Yes we all have good and bad says with our jobs but really what you do I should not complain it really is insufficient to what you do and not meant nastily have to put up with. Maybe you could transfer to another area of the hospital? That's if you like working there of course!

Yes we all have good and bad says with our jobs but really what you do I should not complain it really is insufficient to what you do and not meant nastily have to put up with. Maybe you could transfer to another area of the hospital? That's if you like working there of course!
i do have a new job I’m starting in June, it’s a promotion and a totally different role (not on the wards) so I’m hoping it’ll give me a new lease of life and make me rethink all of my concerns 😂 we shall see! X

• Heart
i do have a new job I’m starting in June, it’s a promotion and a totally different role (not on the wards) so I’m hoping it’ll give me a new lease of life and make me rethink all of my concerns 😂 we shall see! X
Ah brilliant good luck with it 😊

• Heart
Another sleepless night due to hating my job. I have a zoom call with my manager today and I’m this close to handing in my notice, although I haven’t made my weekly target so I think I’m close to being let go anyway.
Ive only been in this job for a month and it’s my biggest regret.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
No job is worth sleepless nights or making yourself ill over it. If you have any cash or a partner who can help with the short term shortfall, I'd say to quit.

Reactions: 4
No job is worth sleepless nights or making yourself ill over it. If you have any cash or a partner who can help with the short term shortfall, I'd say to quit.
I know it’s ridiculous I guess I just wanted to find another job before I left as a v’s up to them really. Also worried if you can get a bad reference? That’s giving me sleepless nights as well as I’ve never got on with my manager from day 1. Will see how this meeting goes but I have my resignation email all ready 😬

I think that most companies will simply give a start date, end date and job role in a reference these days. I wouldn't be too worried tbh.

Reactions: 2
I know it’s ridiculous I guess I just wanted to find another job before I left as a v’s up to them really. Also worried if you can get a bad reference? That’s giving me sleepless nights as well as I’ve never got on with my manager from day 1. Will see how this meeting goes but I have my resignation email all ready 😬
Give HR email when they ask for reference.

Employers in the UK are not allowed to give a negative reference. They are only allowed to confirm dates of employment and job title. If they were to give a qualitative reference that would prevent you from getting another job you could sue them for compensation.

Chin up! I can relate to how you feel - probably very anxious ahead of the meeting - but just think about that next year you will be in a much better place. Good luck ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.