Does anyone hate their job? #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The guy who has bought Man U has told all admin/marketing etc. employees that they must come into work 5 days a week now, and anyone who doesn't like it can leave. Sadly, he forgot a couple of things:
1) He was at home announcing this via video.
2) He's a tax exile
3) Man U no longer have the office space to accommodate everyone every day...
Oh I'm sure that went down a treat. People are going to leave if they can. It's always the same with those bleeping captialist assholes - do as I say, not as I do, and fill my pockets with your hard work.

(I remember during Covid my old company was making record profits, announced by the CEO in an all hands while in the same breath he told us there was no money for raises. Like we're dumb cattle.)

I wish him luck when key personnel is going to simply go. Hope he doesn't have a Bus Factor of 1 anywhere.

Reactions: 2
Oh I'm sure that went down a treat. People are going to leave if they can. It's always the same with those bleeping captialist assholes - do as I say, not as I do, and fill my pockets with your hard work.

(I remember during Covid my old company was making record profits, announced by the CEO in an all hands while in the same breath he told us there was no money for raises. Like we're dumb cattle.)

I wish him luck when key personnel is going to simply go. Hope he doesn't have a Bus Factor of 1 anywhere.
He's the one who campaigned hard for brexit, then as soon as he had his knighthood, he buggered off to Monaco.

He also announced he would build a successor to the discontinued Land Rover defender in Britain. Of course, as soon as he had the grants sewn up, he then informed the necessary people it would be made in France.

The guy who has bought Man U has told all admin/marketing etc. employees that they must come into work 5 days a week now, and anyone who doesn't like it can leave. Sadly, he forgot a couple of things:
1) He was at home announcing this via video.
2) He's a tax exile
3) Man U no longer have the office space to accommodate everyone every day...
Honestly, I’ve just quit a job where I was the big boss and I was more than happy for people to work from home. They get a work-life balance, they can make themselves more available for life events that matter to them (boring like dentists appointments or fun like their children’s sports day) and I got a reduction in utility bills at a time when we were being crippled by it. Everyone was a winner. If you’re nice to staff, and flexible, they feel trusted and work harder. It’s just not rocket science. We did have to be in offices as part of our jobs and there was no escaping that, and some people had to be in more than others because of their role. But I do not see the need to force people, it’s just stupid.

Then again, I’m the manager everyone hated so maybe I have a tit mindset and should have forced everyone into the office every day 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
At this point, I don’t even know how I’m still in the team under this manager. They called in sick and informed us on our group chat. Myself & another person (let’s call her Judy) responded the same thing ‘Hope you’re OK. Take care’.

Now, as I’d mentioned before, this manager has been dismissive of me since day 1 and assigned credit of my work to someone else etc.

Their response in the group chat was ‘Thanks, Judy, I’m ok’.

She only acknowledged one person’s response and completely disregarded mine. How much more does this person think I’m going to take? This is so rude and unnecessary when someone is just being polite.
I had a manager like this until recently. Had my small revenge though when she recently got demoted and posted in 2 separate chats that she was now leaving the team and it had been a pleasure blah blah blah. I read both messages and didn't respond. I know she saw that I'd read them, but she was so dismissive of me and rude that I couldn't bring myself to wish her well. Hopefully your manager will soon be moved on too and no longer your problem X

• Heart
I've been invited to a screening call for Friday!
I'm really happy, after several applications where I've been ghosted, this company answered within one day. While the role would be the same, it's a completely different area. I saw the listing and simply thought it sounded cool and applied and apparently it was good enough to not get scrubbed by the Talent team, that's something hahaha.
I hope this works out, today was once more a situation where i felt gaslight by management. Things that were discussed are apparently new to them, each thing is always adjusted to their current state of mind. It's really exhausting, working like this. My main worry for the interview is that, given it is a very small company, they might not be able to meet my salary expectations.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I've been invited to a screening call for Friday!
I'm really happy, after several applications where I've been ghosted, this company answered within one day. While the role would be the same, it's a completely different area. I saw the listing and simply thought it sounded cool and applied and apparently it was good enough to not get scrubbed by the Talent team, that's something hahaha.
I hope this works out, today was once more a situation where i felt gaslight by management. Things that were discussed are apparently new to them, each thing is always adjusted to their current state of mind. It's really exhausting, working like this. My main worry for the interview is that, given it is a very small company, they might not be able to meet my salary expectations.
Would it be worth having a (slight) reduction in salary simply for peace of mind? Maybe you can negotiate other benefits that might make it worth it? 35 hour work week or something like that?
Also I'm super pleased for you!!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Would it be worth having a (slight) reduction in salary simply for peace of mind? Maybe you can negotiate other benefits that might make it worth it? 35 hour work week or something like that?
Also I'm super pleased for you!!!!
Thank you!
Yes, a slight reduction, if it comes with other stuff would be okay for me. I do get RSUs from my current employer, which I assume this company doesn't have at all, given they are small and not that old yet, but if it is indeed a 35h week, or maybe, idk, a gym membership thrown in, I would definitely consider it. Not needing to work across 4 timezones would also make for a really nice change. I thought i had escaped that problem, but it's coming back to me - only this time, I'm more adamant at protecting myself from it and simply do not take meetings after 6pm. I have worked my hours, I will not accept a multitude of meetings after that anymore. Doesn't help though that I feel guilty about it still, it would really give me peace of mind if I didn't need to do that.

• Heart
Wishing to have your luck @Codiaeum - congrats !! Keep us updated with how everything goes <3
I'm definitely feeling ghosted - I just find it so rude when companies don't even have a response if you're not successful :(

• Heart
  • Sad
Wishing to have your luck @Codiaeum - congrats !! Keep us updated with how everything goes <3
I'm definitely feeling ghosted - I just find it so rude when companies don't even have a response if you're not successful :(
Yeah it's super rude but I always take it as a sign of their internal company culture which I don't want to be part of if it's like that. If they treat their applicants this badly they will treat their employees badly too.

it really is rude and not something I would want to work with. I’ve had one company that didn’t feel the necessity to even acknowledge that they didn’t want to consider my application, when I went to their careers page again, all job listings were gone. Even if their priorities changed, say so. I’m not mad about an automated email, at all, I’m mad about getting nothing.

I know when I was younger it was always recommended to follow up with an application, but given the many automated systems these days where you don’t send anything to a person and have no name or anything, you really have no chance of doing so.

I am sick of my manager raising his voice over me when I’m in a meeting and when I’m suggesting something. If he does it tomorrow when I’m in the office, I’m going to say “I actually wasn’t done talking can you not speak over me”. duck men. They irritate the tit out of me. Little dick energy cause I can do his job with my eyes closed. Actual prick.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Slightly O/T but my bf currently despises his new job so is actively looking for jobs on LinkedIn- does anyone know if your connections can see your likes on there? He’s seen a job that he has applied for and knows the person hiring who has made a post. He wants to like it to show him he is interested but doesn’t want his current place of work to know he is looking. As far as I can see you can hide your activity but not from your connections?
---
I am sick of my manager raising his voice over me when I’m in a meeting and when I’m suggesting something. If he does it tomorrow when I’m in the office, I’m going to say “I actually wasn’t done talking can you not speak over me”. duck men. They irritate the tit out of me. Little dick energy cause I can do his job with my eyes closed. Actual prick.
I like “Can I finish what I was saying?” Or just carrying on with what you are saying like he’s not in the room until he stops talking.

Slightly O/T but my bf currently despises his new job so is actively looking for jobs on LinkedIn- does anyone know if your connections can see your likes on there? He’s seen a job that he has applied for and knows the person hiring who has made a post. He wants to like it to show him he is interested but doesn’t want his current place of work to know he is looking. As far as I can see you can hide your activity but not from your connections?
---

I like “Can I finish what I was saying?” Or just carrying on with what you are saying like he’s not in the room until he stops talking.
They might see, or might not, it depends on the algorithms mood that day tbh, so best not. But he could message him to express his interest again?

Reactions: 1
They might see, or might not, it depends on the algorithms mood that day tbh, so best not. But he could message him to express his interest again?
Thank you for your reply. I suggested the same but he’s not sure whether that’s too forward or not? I think it shows that you are really interested in the job but he’s worried that as he only applied last week it might look a bit too keen? It’s frustrating as the job is going through a portal with a recruitment agency so I feel he’s missing a trick by not getting noticed by ultimately the person who will be his boss and who he has worked well with previously. It’s his dream job so i really want him to get it.

It’s so annoying that you can’t hide your activity!

Thank you for your reply. I suggested the same but he’s not sure whether that’s too forward or not? I think it shows that you are really interested in the job but he’s worried that as he only applied last week it might look a bit too keen? It’s frustrating as the job is going through a portal with a recruitment agency so I feel he’s missing a trick by not getting noticed by ultimately the person who will be his boss and who he has worked well with previously. It’s his dream job so i really want him to get it.

It’s so annoying that you can’t hide your activity!
He should definitely write! It's not too forward at all to express interest once after sending an application!

He should definitely write! It's not too forward at all to express interest once after sending an application!
I think it’s because he’s dyslexic so is a bit worried about how to word it appropriately. He only sent the application a little over a week ago but they’ve had a lot of applicants already so anything he can do to get noticed is a good move in my book!

I was thinking along the lines of:

Hi…
Hope you are well. I’ve just seen the job that you have posted on LinkedIn. It looks like an exciting role! I have applied and would be keen to hear more.
Hope to hear from you soon,
Kind Regards,
FlipFlop87 BF.

Does that sound ok do you think? Short but sweet but letting him know that he’s applied and is keen. Left ball in his court so to speak regarding a possible interview.

Reactions: 1
I think it’s because he’s dyslexic so is a bit worried about how to word it appropriately. He only sent the application a little over a week ago but they’ve had a lot of applicants already so anything he can do to get noticed is a good move in my book!

I was thinking along the lines of:

Hi…
Hope you are well. I’ve just seen the job that you have posted on LinkedIn. It looks like an exciting role! I have applied and would be keen to hear more.
Hope to hear from you soon,
Kind Regards,
FlipFlop87 BF.

Does that sound ok do you think? Short but sweet but letting him know that he’s applied and is keen. Left ball in his court so to speak regarding a possible interview.
I think this is perfect, short but to the point - wish him luck from us !!!

I posted here a while ago about having to change my role after maternity leave because my [female orientated, NHS trust] workplace decided they'd rather have a vacant post than have me back on 80% of my old hours. I've been back for 5 weeks or so now and I'm back in the swing of things but duck me, sometimes my colleagues make it hard. We're all one big team but split into different specialties and jesus christ it'd be easier to part the Dead Sea than get some of them to come and help when you need it. People constantly try and avoid the complex cases and make excuses as to why their speciality shouldn't see them when it really doesn't pigging matter who sees them, just someone does. It's so culturally ingrained that I've now found myself starting to do it as well because they'll decide that a patient isn't appropriate for their team to see despite being their speciality, so they pass them over to my team, who has to do it even if they aren't experts in that area.