Does anyone hate their job? #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wasn’t given a contract where I am atm. So, I’m thinking, hypothetically, if I got another job, I don’t really need to work my notice.
But cos I’m a decent person, I wouldn’t screw them over.
1A81D8EA-33F0-47A7-9F49-3920BADFE140.jpeg

just in case you didn’t know!

Reactions: 2
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
Mini rant... sorry!!!

Feeling the pressure again today.
The workload is crazy and I hate being constantly, constantly asked for updates every five seconds. I physically cannot complete all the work allocated to me in the deadlines given, especially when departments change the bloody deadlines at the last minute. I've kept in communication with my boss but he just expects it to be done so no support there. 😳

I work my arse off for 9 hours a day and it's just a thankless task with more crap piled on you.

Have an interview with another company on Monday. Wish me luck!!!! 🤞

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
For fucks sake!!!!! I really really hate my workplace sometimes (like today) but other times I wonder whether I'm better off staying here and seeing whether things improve. Today though I've had a crappy day, been all on my own in the office and had nobody check on me at all, asked the lead on an urgent project for clarification on something and got told she was too busy, so asked the other (slightly lower down) lead and she told me she had no idea and to ask the other one!! Then got criticised for something I'd sent out by our director, even though the director had been sat on it for 4 days before she decided she couldnt be arsed approving it and told me to ask someone higher than her, who then approved it. So why is she now coming to me with criticisms??? I'm the lowest paid of all of them by tens of thousands so why is it my responsibility???

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
For fucks sake!!!!! I really really hate my workplace sometimes (like today) but other times I wonder whether I'm better off staying here and seeing whether things improve. Today though I've had a crappy day, been all on my own in the office and had nobody check on me at all, asked the lead on an urgent project for clarification on something and got told she was too busy, so asked the other (slightly lower down) lead and she told me she had no idea and to ask the other one!! Then got criticised for something I'd sent out by our director, even though the director had been sat on it for 4 days before she decided she couldnt be arsed approving it and told me to ask someone higher than her, who then approved it. So why is she now coming to me with criticisms??? I'm the lowest paid of all of them by tens of thousands so why is it my responsibility???
I hope you're feeling better. How are things?

I feel these things come in waves, well at least for me it does. I'll be having an OK week then suddenly the tit seems to hit the fan and everyone's on at me (usually for something I didn't do!) It really turns into the domino effect.

It tends to happen on a Friday for me as people in my company want to get things done by the weekend. Today will be a joy (not!)

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I hope you're feeling better. How are things?

I feel these things come in waves, well at least for me it does. I'll be having an OK week then suddenly the tit seems to hit the fan and everyone's on at me (usually for something I didn't do!) It really turns into the domino effect.

It tends to happen on a Friday for me as people in my company want to get things done by the weekend. Today will be a joy (not!)
Dyou know what, it's still just as bad but in a different way 😂 but I found out I've got an interview for another job so trying 5o focus on that! How was your Friday?

• Heart
I am relatively new in a job, but have been in the career for 10+ years. The team are all older and have worked there and together for 15+ years. I’m easy going but know I have lots to offer and I can see where improvements can be made because their systems are just a bit old and outdated, but whenever I make any suggestions, not necessarily to change anything, but even to share my idea, there is always some reason why it won’t work, it’s not how they usually do it, this is how it must be done. It feels like everything is a battle, even though I am responsible for leading part of the team.

It’s so frustrating as it can be so exhausting sometimes, and other times I genuinely feel like I don’t know what I’m doing because of their attitude, even though I have had higher positions leading much larger teams. it’s also frustrating because of the new member of staff I want to make a good impression, but feel like I just don’t have the freedom to. Arghhh!

• Heart
Dyou know what, it's still just as bad but in a different way 😂 but I found out I've got an interview for another job so trying 5o focus on that! How was your Friday?
Good luck with your interview 🤞 I hope all goes well with it!!

My Friday was rubbish as predicted ha! I don't technically start till 9am but logged in at 8 just to get a to-do list started and to prepare for the day. My boss was already on the phone as soon as he saw me online to moan. I've always been very open about my workload, always given solutions as to how to overcome things and I just feel like it's never enough. The rest of the day then just feels tit.

I was speaking to a colleague who agreed we're hugely understaffed in our department. We're just expected to get on with it though, and obviously for no extra pay.

Have been spending my lunch hours updating my CV 😅 looking for a new job is like a full time job in itself. Exhausting!

Every week my manager tells the 3 other employees in the meeting she is oh so greatful and thank you. I've been here almost two years. I'm honestly about to call her out next meeting. tit comes off as gross and sexist.

Reactions: 5
One of my main problems with my current job is the working from home, it’s very much a go in when you want attitude. Problem is, hardly anyone goes in and they are hiring people all over Scotland now so my team could be all over. I prefer a more structured everyone must be in on these days approach. There is a lot of office politics too but you get that anywhere so I can get over it.

I was going to look for a new job in March once I’d been there a year but I had a wee look tonight and saw a job that says 3 days a week required in the office which would be fab.

It looks like a smaller firm so less exciting work and probably less pay but at least I wouldn’t be miserable all the time.

It’s just this would be my third job in the space of a year which I don’t think looks too great 😬 and it’s such an upheaval!

Reactions: 1
I can’t get across just how much I hate my job at the moment. I’m in a very niche role that literally no one else can do, I have to remotely manage teams that are really struggling but I have to constantly give bad news to the customer. I feel sick every time I get an email, I cry most nights before I go to bed then I can’t sleep. But I can’t find another job as it’s really well paid and we need it…. 😢

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I’ve been at my job 8 months now and I’m just getting worse at it rather than better? It’s an admin heavy role, not quite entry level but maybe a rung above. The thing is it feels like 3 roles in one. A reporting role, a system admin role and a payroll admin role. It’s quieter and more manageable half the month, but the other half is actual hell with 10,000 things all due at the same time that all require a lot of attention to detail.

But something’s gotta give!!! Either you want it done fast or you want it done right. My manager has scheduled daily catch ups as I keep bleeping things up haha, I don’t think a week has gone by this month without me forgetting or messing something up. And I’ve never struggled with that in other jobs.

I know I could get more organised, but idk I get paid so little that imo this should be a job where someone else organises the work load properly and I’m just told what to do and when to do it by. I don’t get paid enough to afford to rent my own place or properly fund a life. So the job shouldn’t be too complex or stressful.

I hate it because I’ve now definitely got the reputation as the person who always gets it wrong. And I have to admit I’m getting lazier and more prone to checking my phone throughout the day. It just feels like I’ve already failed at this job, and everything’s too confusing that I don’t even have motivation to try anymore.

I want to push through until I’ve reached 12 months because my contract will be up (doubt I’ll get renewed) and atleast I’ll have the full year on my CV. For my next role I either want a job in the same crap pay grade but with far less responsibilities/heavy workload. Or I want a job where I’m properly compensated! But I feel like that’s a pipe dream sometimes. Maybe I’m just not cut out for admin and office work. But I have no qualifications for anything else. I really want a meaningful practical job tbh, that doesn’t feel simultaneously stressful as duck and boring as duck.

• Heart
It’s almost like a sign that I’ve seen this on tattle. I have been working at a company for almost 8 years, had a child who is SEN and now working part time. My boss is completely unbearable and has made my days working from home a living nightmare. To begin with we have to be on a teams call all day every day so I can’t even fart in peace, or if my child needs to come home I have to shhh him in his own home. I feel like my privacy has been completely invaded. She speaks to me like absolute tit, the company is seriously understaffed and we are expected to make a certain amount of numbers each and everyday. I have gone to write my resignation out every day since Monday, but I cringe every time at the way they will treat me afterwards. Sorry just had to get it out in writing any tips would be nice

• Heart
  • Wow
It’s almost like a sign that I’ve seen this on tattle. I have been working at a company for almost 8 years, had a child who is SEN and now working part time. My boss is completely unbearable and has made my days working from home a living nightmare. To begin with we have to be on a teams call all day every day so I can’t even fart in peace, or if my child needs to come home I have to shhh him in his own home. I feel like my privacy has been completely invaded. She speaks to me like absolute tit, the company is seriously understaffed and we are expected to make a certain amount of numbers each and everyday. I have gone to write my resignation out every day since Monday, but I cringe every time at the way they will treat me afterwards. Sorry just had to get it out in writing any tips would be nice
A teams call all day? That’s just pathetic of them. That’s micro management on another level. It basically defeats the purpose of working from home and surely makes concentration more difficult? You’re well within your rights to leave, if the only barrier is the awkwardness of giving notice I’d say go for it. Four more painful weeks and then you’d be free. You’ve been there for 8 years and they’re showing you no respect at all.

Reactions: 4
Congratulations, it really is a great feeling when you've escaped and never have to go back!
Good luck with the job hunt!
Thanks so much. It wasn’t easy after 7 years in this job but no support from the management and it left me worried for my pin every shift!

I had a pre-task for a job I'd applied for yesterday and it was so difficult plus I had technical difficulties and ended up having to have extra time. I spoke to the person in charge on the phone and she said not to worry because my application had been really strong and to just get it in ASAP. Well I must've fucked it up badly because I just found out I haven't progressed to the next stage and I feel so stupid and tit about myself. I have an interview for another job in a couple of weeks but now I'm certain I won't get that either and I'll be stuck where I am forever.

My boss sent an email out to everyone in the team this afternoon asking us to account for every minute of our morning today. He has a suspicion we're not working as efficiently as he would like and wants to know what we've been doing.

Talk about a micromanager!!

I can't get on with my work tasks if I'm too busy drawing up an excel table accounting for every minute between 9 and 12.

😅

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.