Does anyone hate their job? #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think I've grown too comfortable in my job and I hate the process of applying and then handing in my notice. The work is easy but the money is so tit, I've enquired about a raise before only to be told we only really get Christmas bonuses (which we did but that's not really a substitute).
I'm always told how pleased they are with my work and customers give praise about me directly to the boss but it hasn't manifested in a higher wage 😭

Reactions: 6
I’m looking for a new job. Any interview tips? I work in the NHS, I’m a band 7and I’ve applied for another post in a different Trust, I’m desperate for a change but I can get tongue tied in interviews
I think there’s an nhs interview tip thread on here somewhere. Good luck :)

Reactions: 1
I think I've grown too comfortable in my job and I hate the process of applying and then handing in my notice. The work is easy but the money is so tit, I've enquired about a raise before only to be told we only really get Christmas bonuses (which we did but that's not really a substitute).
I'm always told how pleased they are with my work and customers give praise about me directly to the boss but it hasn't manifested in a higher wage 😭
You need to take the plunge and go for a better paid job, I started a new job last August and its pretty awful to be the only one who doesn't know the ropes but you will be ok after awhile. Its sounds as if your boss is content to have a good worker but reluctant to give you the pay rise you deserve, so drop him/her .

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I posted on this thread about work related stress last year and how I was considering throwing in the towel before they offered my a different role that wasn’t people management

I’m a few days into my new role and honestly I have sat like a fart in a trance for the last 2 day. I think I’ve gone into shock from having free time and not constantly working over capacity

Please please please consider a change of role if you are feeling stressed. It’s just not worth overworking yourself for a job

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I posted on this thread about work related stress last year and how I was considering throwing in the towel before they offered my a different role that wasn’t people management

I’m a few days into my new role and honestly I have sat like a fart in a trance for the last 2 day. I think I’ve gone into shock from having free time and not constantly working over capacity

Please please please consider a change of role if you are feeling stressed. It’s just not worth overworking yourself for a job
This is very encouraging to hear. I'm glad you have found something you're more suited to and which doesn't cause stress - may it continue. I think I've forgotten what that feels like.

• Heart
Reactions: 3

Thanks for writing this post, it’s the staff management part of the job that makes me want a different job. I’m actively looking for something else so fingers crossed!

• Heart
Ever feel like you don’t want to leave but you don’t to stay because it’s toxic! But if you left you have to go through all the interview process yuck 🤢

Reactions: 7
I’m interviewing for new roles at the moment and I’d forgotten how draining the interview process is. I feel a bit pathetic because other people obviously manage, but it’s exhausting to have to balance interview prep with my current job, especially as I work quite long hours.

Then there’s the mental side of it and the despair when I get rejected from somewhere and convince myself I will never find a nice new job and will be stuck in my stupid job forever. I know I’m catastrophising and I just need to get through this time even if it is a bit crap, but easier said than done.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Ever feel like you don’t want to leave but you don’t to stay because it’s toxic! But if you left you have to go through all the interview process yuck 🤢

This was me last year! Loved my general job, the product, the company and the people, but I couldn't take the circumstances that came with it (extreme stress and long hours, never being "off") anymore. My interviews were okay, but I was afraid for going to "personal who basically knows the whole system" to newbie again. It's difficult, but also quite refreshing. I'm glad I took the plunge.

I’m in that weird mix of being paid really well but also being so bored. Feel like a dick for moaning about it but there’s only so much PowerPoint I can take, nothing is challenging other than fighting boredom.

Reactions: 10
Interviews - remember, it’s not just them interviewing you. It’s your opportunity to find out if they will be a good fit for you.

Employers - sadly, most of us are just numbers. If they had to get rid of people they would put a line through your name in the blink of an eye. Loyalty doesn’t exist anymore. So, take the same view as them. See work as a means to your end. Use them until they no longer suit.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I complete approximately 200-250 tasks a week. I never make mistakes but today I made ONE and got an email from a little witch who’s actually far less experienced than me “please can you ensure that you are completing this correctly in future”… errr, love, I complete 10,000 of these a year and you notice ONE bleeping error and jump on it and try to patronise me?!
FML 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Fgs. Boss’s daughter has been sat at her desk for 8 minutes and is already just sat reading crap on the internet. There is no need for her to be here. She did it all afternoon yesterday!! 🤬

My laptop is kaput…how do I update my cv on my iPad? It’s a word document on my usb atm 😂

I have a job related question for anyone who’s ever been on maternity leave before (sorry didn’t know where else to post).
Are employers meant to send you the breakdown of your maternity pay, speak to you about it & inform you of your holiday options? As in can use before it starts or add on at the end? They haven’t asked when I’m planning to go back but my job is basically nonexistent from September yet they haven’t mentioned redundancy pay either?
I’ve heard 0 about any of it & haven’t had any conversations with them about it since telling them I’m pregnant and I’m now 27wks pregnant. I’m also signed off sick until my maternity pay but feel absolutely clueless.
I didn’t know whether I should wait for them to inform me?

I have a job related question for anyone who’s ever been on maternity leave before (sorry didn’t know where else to post).
Are employers meant to send you the breakdown of your maternity pay, speak to you about it & inform you of your holiday options? As in can use before it starts or add on at the end? They haven’t asked when I’m planning to go back but my job is basically nonexistent from September yet they haven’t mentioned redundancy pay either?
I’ve heard 0 about any of it & haven’t had any conversations with them about it since telling them I’m pregnant and I’m now 27wks pregnant. I’m also signed off sick until my maternity pay but feel absolutely clueless.
I didn’t know whether I should wait for them to inform me?
As far as I know you are protected by law to have the same job or similar when you return from Mat leave. If the company is closing fully I would try seek legal advice on that as that could be more complicated!

Reactions: 2
I've been in my job since September.

The training is practically non existent. I've basically been told to pick it up as I go along. I've just been thrown in with the wolves.

Every second or third week I need to do 6 days because the week refreshes on a Sunday. I'm already on a 41hr contract over 5 days.

Nobody really speaks to me unless I've done something wrong. There's no kind of chit chat. I've never been in a place like this before. It's beyond odd. I only get spoken to if I've done something wrong,which is usually due to their lack of training.

Took three months of badgering to update contract. Never updated me as to whether my probation had finished or not either. I still don't know whether it was extended or not.

I can see why they've had 20+ employees leave in the last 18 months considering they only have about 30 staff at a time.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
I don't hate my job but I can't find a relevant thread

I am applying for a higher role in my current job and they want me to do a presentation. I HATE giving presentations, it makes me super nervous. Any one have any advice for combatting the nerves? (I don't want to picture them naked)

• Heart
I don't hate my job but I can't find a relevant thread

I am applying for a higher role in my current job and they want me to do a presentation. I HATE giving presentations, it makes me super nervous. Any one have any advice for combatting the nerves? (I don't want to picture them naked)
I never got the "picture them naked" either... Do you have someone you could practice with? When I have to give presentations I first test the wording out loud alone - feels stupid, but I find this helps me more than just rehearsing in my head. Then you could try to give your presentation to someone you can trust to give you helpful feedback and ideally, they could ask some questions that your audience might have for you. Generally try to anticipate your audience's questions now and prep for them a bit - I find that that tends to throw me off otherwise and get really nervous, even if the rest of the presentation went fine.
I tend to speak to fast if I'm nervous so I remind myself to slow down, which is generally a good idea, as you'll appear more at ease. Wear something that makes you fell professional, but not constricted. I get red splotches over my chest in these situations, which make me even more uncomfortable, so my advice would be to wear a scarf of a blouse with a high neck.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.