Does anyone hate their job? #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hate my job. I’m a teacher in a secondary school. Behaviour is terrible- regularly getting called a witch and a bleep by kids, even got pushed by one last term and senior leadership do nothing. Feel like all I do is moan but everyone’s in the same boat at work. Feel truly miserable about going back tomorrow.
😢😢😢😢😢😢 are you going to look for a new job? No one deserves to be treated like that at work

Reactions: 3
Does anyone know how to hand in my notice when my manager isn't here? Do I give it to their manager? Do I just call her then email the letter?

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Does anyone know how to hand in my notice when my manager isn't here? Do I give it to their manager? Do I just call her then email the letter?
Send it to them by email! This will have the date on it! You can also cc their manager if you really want no aftermath about dates etc

Reactions: 4
I don't hate my job but damn am I bored. I've only been here a month and there's been a massive wind down due to Christmas, so I'm hoping it will pick up, but oh my gosh time is dragging!

I'd email to the manager and check whether there's an HR contact you can also mail it to. Here (Germany) I also had to post a physical letter to HR....

Reactions: 1
I don't hate my job but damn am I bored. I've only been here a month and there's been a massive wind down due to Christmas, so I'm hoping it will pick up, but oh my gosh time is dragging!
I've worked in both environments, boring and high pressure and disliked both. The sweet spot is somewhere between so you're not overworked but still feel job satisfaction. Hope it picks up for you soon!

I'm in a team of 2 - me and my supervisor.
She's lazy and I've raised to management already that I'm consistently doing more work than her (with proof) whilst being paid less.

Dec/Jan I have 8 jobs ongoing, plus 2 additional (not my work directly, but I was asked to support) and she has 2.

I decided I'm gonna do less and if management asks, I'll say I'm busy and perhaps she can do it.

Today, our *first day* back, she said '...there's 4 jobs waiting, I've picked one up today - how are you fixed?'

If she picked up all of those, I'd still be doing more than her!

Debating bringing it up with management again but don't want to come across petty, so either I wait it out and see if she brings it up with them - or, I see if more comments are made which I can use in discussion.

The job itself I don’t mind.
The people I work with are awful. It’s a female dominated environment and extremely bitchy. If you’re a gossip and overall crappy person then you will be promoted. Luckily, I have my own office and can just close the door and keep to myself. It’s a family run business. There is no HR department. No sick pay is given unless you have worked there for 5+ years- this entitles you to 6 paid days. The pay is good and the job itself is not mentally taxing and gives me a good work-life balance. The people I work with and lack of professionalism from the owners does get to me at times but things could be worse I guess..

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I've worked in both environments, boring and high pressure and disliked both. The sweet spot is somewhere between so you're not overworked but still feel job satisfaction. Hope it picks up for you soon!
Thank you! Yeah, my previous job was pretty high pressure a lot of the time so on one hand it's nice not rushing from one thing to another and worrying I won't get everything done, but on the other hand the day is dragging and I'm worried people think I'm lazy but I genuinely have barely anything to do!

Reactions: 1
Thank you! Yeah, my previous job was pretty high pressure a lot of the time so on one hand it's nice not rushing from one thing to another and worrying I won't get everything done, but on the other hand the day is dragging and I'm worried people think I'm lazy but I genuinely have barely anything to do!
Honestly, same thing here. I left my old job also due to the insane pressure that wasn't even seasonal, it was year round, all day, every day and I simply couldn't take it anymore, even if I loved the product. My job now is so chill that I genuinely need to drag myself up sometimes to actually do something because there's not that much to do. I worry that I come across as lazy, but then I look around and nobody seems to have a crazy workload.

Reactions: 2
Has anyone ever quit their job without another one lined up, several people tell me this is a bad idea as its a red flag to a future employer, but what is wrong with taking a break of your own accord to try and find yourself. In my case I have 23 years straight employment , not a cv littered with changes!!

Easier to concentrate on a job search when you have no other distractions.

I've paid out to have my cv redone too

Has anyone ever quit their job without another one lined up, several people tell me this is a bad idea as its a red flag to a future employer, but what is wrong with taking a break of your own accord to try and find yourself. In my case I have 23 years straight employment , not a cv littered with changes!!

You'll probably be asked about it at the interview stage, but if you put an interesting/ positive spin on it (and lbr, that doesn't need to be true!), it'll be at the very least fine, if not a good opportunity to shoehorn something tasty into your interview that'll make you likeable/ memorable.

As you say, it's usually only an issue if you make a habit of it.

I don’t think it would be an issue. Just say you’ve worked at the same place for 23 years and felt like you needed a break/change

Reactions: 5
I think wanting a break and a change of scene after 23 years would definitely be a justifiable reason! It’s def healthier to allow yourself that break rather than keep going. I think most good employers will understand that circumstances change over time.

I just came on to say how awkward is it when you get landed with new projects etc at your current job while you’re looking for a new job 😅 I want to say please don’t give this to me I’m not going to be here much longer!

Reactions: 7
How do you know if it’s just the January blues or you want to leave your job? 🙇🏼‍♀️
The girl I work with who I have mentioned on here previously spent 80% of her day texting. Makes me wonder if the people she’s messaging actually have jobs to be on their phone so much? Very frustrating when you’re busy all day.

• Heart
Does anyone wonder how their bosses hold down a job when they’re so incompetent at even the most simple of tasks???? bleeping HELL it shouldn’t annoy me so much but I can’t help it. Honestly infuriates me 🫠

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Does anyone wonder how their bosses hold down a job when they’re so incompetent at even the most simple of tasks???? bleeping HELL it shouldn’t annoy me so much but I can’t help it. Honestly infuriates me 🫠
Management at my place has been toxic for years... friends promoted friends and never seemed to be a case of how good of a manager you'd be.

They openly had no idea of the systems used because they "didnt need" and had "people working for them who did" which was fine, until the company struggled and made hundreds redundant. Management could no longer get basic information they needed and a lot of managers left because it wasn't cushy for them anymore.

Also, worst thing I've heard come out of a managers mouth was someone they interviewed was perfect for a role, but didn't get hired because their skill set was a threat to other management. To come out with it so openly like that, I was shocked!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.