Disney Vloggers #6 Now they’re back and on vacation, who will end up in isolation?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone have any idea what spoonful of sugar do for jobs? Last year they went on a couple of cruises, one of which was the fancy new Virgin one, then Disney when the borders reopened in November and now Cape Town flying Club Suite?! They’ve said in vlogs before that they’d usually be doing 3-4 trips to Disney per year (pre-covid) and always seem to stay on-site and fly premium or business, at the very least 😱 I previously saw rumours of him being a pilot but when I put this forward to tattlers it seemed it was incorrect…never got to the bottom of what their actual jobs are?! 🤷🏻‍♀️And from what I can tell, I think they are genuine cases of good salaries rather than many other Disney vloggers who are so clearly getting into ridiculous debt or asking bank of mum & dad to keep up with the trends 🙄

Reactions: 2
Does anyone have any idea what spoonful of sugar do for jobs? Last year they went on a couple of cruises, one of which was the fancy new Virgin one, then Disney when the borders reopened in November and now Cape Town flying Club Suite?! They’ve said in vlogs before that they’d usually be doing 3-4 trips to Disney per year (pre-covid) and always seem to stay on-site and fly premium or business, at the very least 😱 I previously saw rumours of him being a pilot but when I put this forward to tattlers it seemed it was incorrect…never got to the bottom of what their actual jobs are?! 🤷🏻‍♀️And from what I can tell, I think they are genuine cases of good salaries rather than many other Disney vloggers who are so clearly getting into ridiculous debt or asking bank of mum & dad to keep up with the trends 🙄
I think some of these disney vloggers just have good jobs. Sorry but it really annoys me that people on this site assume those with money either have family cash or debt. They clearly have good jobs as do many. I have a good job and yeah will spend on many trips a year. Not having a go, but they are obvs late 30s and no kids, probs min £50k+ each a year. I’m not surprised they have so many trips

Reactions: 11
I think some of these disney vloggers just have good jobs. Sorry but it really annoys me that people on this site assume those with money either have family cash or debt. They clearly have good jobs as do many. I have a good job and yeah will spend on many trips a year. Not having a go, but they are obvs late 30s and no kids, probs min £50k+ each a year. I’m not surprised they have so many trips
there’s often a bit of green eyed monster sometimes when people assume that they must be in debt. The reality is as you say, there are plenty of people with good jobs, not everyone relies on credit cards or parents money. Plenty of couples who have Dual incomes + no kids which means more disposable cash.

I agree with you, it’s not so much the quantity of the trips but the fact that they’re ALWAYS paired with business class flights and on-site accommodation. That’s big earnings to pay for that several times a year! I’m just nosy and like knowing what jobs earn those kind of wages (as inspiration if anything🤣) but like I said, I feel spoonful of sugar genuinely are a case of good jobs rather than family cash/debt.

Reactions: 7
I agree with you, it’s not so much the quantity of the trips but the fact that they’re ALWAYS paired with business class flights and on-site accommodation. That’s big earnings to pay for that several times a year! I’m just nosy and like knowing what jobs earn those kind of wages (as inspiration if anything🤣) but like I said, I feel spoonful of sugar genuinely are a case of good jobs rather than family cash/debt.
I see yeah! Realistically most of these good(ish) vloggers must have good jobs. I looked up a while ago that canon g7 camera and it’s about £600, so clearly those who use that are doing ok. Airmiles on Amex we as a couple can get 4 business class seats a year with the tax needing to be paid. Then the ‘free’ companion tickets . Plus then anything we want to actually spend on flight. The rich get richer.. I do find their vlogs extremely vanilla tho saying that!!!!

Reactions: 5
I see yeah! Realistically most of these good(ish) vloggers must have good jobs. I looked up a while ago that canon g7 camera and it’s about £600, so clearly those who use that are doing ok. Airmiles on Amex we as a couple can get 4 business class seats a year with the tax needing to be paid. Then the ‘free’ companion tickets . Plus then anything we want to actually spend on flight. The rich get richer.. I do find their vlogs extremely vanilla tho saying that!!!!
God I know, my boyfriend wanted to start doing photography as a “hobby” - he soon changed his mind when he saw the price of the cameras 😅🤣
Ooh that’s not bad actually is it! I’ve started collecting Avios as L&R Dreaming always recommend the points to buy upgrades on BA flights, it’s definitely a long game with that though 😅🤣
And yeah I agree with their vlogs being vanilla, if I’m honest I only watch cos I know they will be flying in a nice cabin and staying in a good Disney hotel 🤣

Reactions: 1
God I know, my boyfriend wanted to start doing photography as a “hobby” - he soon changed his mind when he saw the price of the cameras 😅🤣
Ooh that’s not bad actually is it! I’ve started collecting Avios as L&R Dreaming always recommend the points to buy upgrades on BA flights, it’s definitely a long game with that though 😅🤣
And yeah I agree with their vlogs being vanilla, if I’m honest I only watch cos I know they will be flying in a nice cabin and staying in a good Disney hotel 🤣
This is why travel days are always the most watched vlogs 😂😂

• Haha
I think they are both in well paid jobs.
Pre covid me and the wife would go to wdw 3 times a year and go on other holidays. We both work and are in well paid jobs and have no kids. We tend to fly premium economy so it gives us more spending money to blow lol. I do question how other vloggers afford these expensive trips *cough*Disney in denial

Reactions: 5
Spoonful of Sugar are on their way to Cape Town in a Club World bed thingy 🙂

Yeah I often wonder what they do as clearly do very well for themselves; in one of the vlogs you saw their house which just looked completely normal nothing flash. I like them as we are probs the same sort of age of them and go to Disney as a couple however I’m glad the vlogs are quite short as I can’t listen to them for a long length of time, as nice as they seem to be and down to earth.

A couple of a certain age, with no kids and even semi decent jobs who prioritise holidays. If their housing costs are low then yeah, not hard to see how they might manage that. Upgrades through miles etc are quite easy to achieve with good planning. Not terribly controversial.

Reactions: 3
Maybe I’m in the minority here but I really don’t care how people afford to go on holidays , though I understand the curiosity

I find it more pitiful when the likes of Adam victoria and Danny Dalimore fly to another continent every other month to do the exact same things they’ve done millions of times before just for content , because i find the act strange more than anything

But even with someone like Disney in Detail I don’t care how she’s going so much….. whether it’s money she’s saved up or Ian’s still funding her or her parents help out or even if it’s just patreon and YouTube money! I get the impression she’s not doing anything stupid (going into debt for Disney as some people have suggested). For me it’s more how about their characters I just find it weird to see so many focus on just Disney so much

What does annoy me is the dishonesty and patronising way some vloggers go about their privilege

Like Knapilly Ever After pretending she can take her whole family on 10+ holidays a year only because she skips her morning coffee

sure you can save up gradually by cutting down on little things….. but not to that extent and I just wish she didn’t pretend her viewers are idiots

No shame or worry how she has the funds to go so much but don’t pretend it’s because you’ve worked and saved so hard

Reactions: 9
I think that is why I prefer vlogs from people who work, have good income and are just vlogging their holidays as it seems way more genuine than anyone trying to make money from it.

They are not trying to chase a status, hit a goal or target, but just showing what they do on holiday. It may not be what you do which is fine, there are plenty more people out there to find someone who aligns with your lifestyle better.

I don't fault people for monetising their videos as it is good to get paid a little for the effort. But once they start with memberships, constant affiliate links, patreon etc is when I start to lose interest because it doesn't seem genuine but a money making scam! I feel a little more honest money chat around holidays is a good thing and I appreciate people who do share, we spent X on flights but used airmiles for upgrades etc but I understand why so many people would not share. I would just like to see overall, this is what we spent on hotel, flight, tickets, insurance, travel (once there), food costs, merchandise broken out like that as it makes for better planning for others like me who hasn't been for years and trying to budget my first trip

Crazy thing is that camera is rubbish for Disney Vlogging, in low light it’s rubbish, and the focus is terrible!

Reactions: 1
Oh I agree….. I’m not a fan of constant sponsorships and affiliate links and buy me a coffee and all these slimey ways to make money

Patreon I’ve come to not mind much because at least it’s giving viewers some “perks” and it’s not forced

with the disclosing of holiday prices , I agree that it can be nice and informative to know but TimTracker recently went to Hawaii and they made a video saying how much the holiday was and got so much hate for it because it was so extortionate I don’t even think most of their viewers would be ever to afford it! I certainly wouldn’t

I also disagree with people who work not chasing a status or hitting a goal

There are so many examples of vloggers who apparently have jobs but are constantly asking people to subscribe…. Celebrating the smallest milestones…. Sharing their videos everywhere….. making milestone Q&As

I personally think anyone who is on YouTube and is monetising their videos obviously cares about both status and money

And I don’t think that’s a bad thing necessarily as long as they’re not fake about it

A couple of a certain age, with no kids and even semi decent jobs who prioritise holidays. If their housing costs are low then yeah, not hard to see how they might manage that. Upgrades through miles etc are quite easy to achieve with good planning. Not terribly controversial.
What my parents call "DINKS" Double income, no kids. They've been careful not to show their surname or where they live as far as I'm aware so it's not like you can look them up on Linkedin.

What my parents call "DINKS" Double income, no kids. They've been careful not to show their surname or where they live as far as I'm aware so it's not like you can look them up on Linkedin.
The more I watch, the more I question if I ever want kids 🤣🤣🤣
My fascination with what people do as jobs is in more of an in awe and general nosiness way! It crosses my mind about many people though - not just vloggers 😂 Definitely not a jealousy thing for me, but I know many people do get a case of the green-eyes monster when watching vloggers. Totally agree though, it’s so much better to watch genuine people documenting their holidays than those forcing it and trying to “get big”, not being transparent about how they afford things etc (saying you live frugally to save for holidays when you clearly don’t 🙄).

Last edited:
  • Haha
I love this term, this absolutely sums them up 😂

I love watching travel days as much as the next person and I especially like those who travel in business or first to see how the “other half” travel 🧐

Reactions: 4
I love this term, this absolutely sums them up 😂

I love watching travel days as much as the next person and I especially like those who travel in business or first to see how the “other half” travel 🧐
i think we are also seeing more travel in a bit of luxury after having trips postponed and then rebooking when flights are cheap. For some it’s maybe a short term thing, others are just well off and can afford it :)

i think we are also seeing more travel in a bit of luxury after having trips postponed and then rebooking when flights are cheap. For some it’s maybe a short term thing, others are just well off and can afford it :)
I totally get people doing that, especially if it is ultimately 3 years of savings vs 1 year for the holiday. But the danger is that once you get a taste of the better life, it is hard to go back!! Some need to be careful of putting themselves into the luxury holiday group when their finances do not reflect that!! There is no holiday worth getting into debt over!

Which is why the mind boggles at people rushing to take DVC when they don't even own a home in the UK! Priorities are wrong, but that is just my opinion!

Reactions: 4
Danny Dalimore has said in his IG that something about his health made him do things to start making memories… any idea what it was/is? I’ve only recently started following him…

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.