Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

CaptainChaos

I'm interested to see the effect it will have on standby times. Fastpass made the standby lines a lot longer, maybe with this new system it will make standby more realistic. I wonder if there'll be a cap on the number of Genie+ or lightning passes they will sell per day?
I’ve seen this a lot soCan you explain the logic to me Please? I think the wait line get longer because people won’t pay for the genie passes so people will be forced to join the regular lines but I haven’t got much experience with fastpass to know the existing issues

Mark81

VIP Member
She wants to move to France, but after talking in circles for a while it sounded as if she may only go there for a few months (for daily trips to DLP I'm sure :-D).

I'm now catching up with Hannah Ricketts' cruise vlogs and the first one so far is almost exclusively giggles and squeals so we'll see how that goes
Hannah herself generally isn't like that but I agree Karen Bee is a bit annoying in that regard and sometimes hannah follows suit

Parker123

Just thought I’d leave this here.. https://www.patreon.com/yazandash
i’m really shocked at this. I didn’t even realise this was a thing 😱

View attachment 666323
Imagine joining a group for a cruise, which your not even going on, just to try and spam your content 🙄
I think they actually only went to Liverpool to see the boat as well 😂🙈 fair enough if your trip falls in around that but it’s obviously for some disney content

Viewer1901

VIP Member
Late to the party but the more I watch her Instagram the more I’m baffled how she affords this lifestyle?! No way has she saved this much money when I don’t think she’s ever mentioned being at work when she lived in England and she was always travelling! How on earth do they afford it?
exactly -they’re going to Disneyland for his 30th. The money has to come from somewhere?!

teamonster

Chatty Member
Changing the subject from WDW..

Joffreys coffee. I notice a lot of Disney vloggers seem to order it in by the boxful. They have cupboards full of the stuff. I don’t like or drink coffee and my other half (who LOVES his coffee) has looked into buying some but it was really pricey - he’s tried it and didn’t think it was all that.

So is it really that special or just a disney flex?

SomeoneLOLd

Chatty Member
Some of them do. On their Patreon, they will beg for more money so they can go business or stay in AK, 'for the footage'. Others start Patreons to raise funds for DVC or to be one of the first to stay in a new resort. Yes, I suppose those are usually smaller channels but strangely some of those tiny channels have a lot of Patreons and donors on live videos.
that's true! Patreon does really annoy me when its blatantly for extra money for their over the top holidays rather than genuinely making better videos

Emmy79

VIP Member
I think the tips are great value, 3 days came to $40/pp and covered your stateroom service, head waiter, waiter and assistant. Considering most rooms are in the £180-200 per person per night range, I think that £10 a night isn't a bad deal.
I totally agree with you! It's really reasonable and you know about it before hand anyway!

Plus I found it weird that they didn't know the names of their waiters or stateroom host!

Just been watching Ashley and Emma for the first time. God they don’t half complain do they??
The one where they check in at Art of Animation is a classic!

deejvillage

VIP Member
I've just seen that Knappily have a web shop with cards, prints of characters, candles etc, how do they get away with that for copyright purposes, ears I can understand, but pictures and direct quotes from films etc??
Disney don't care generally as long as you don't rip them directly as it is essentially advertising for them. They have recently started to crack down on Etsy shops though. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think you can copyright a quote from a film and only if you directly link it to the film? It is always very dodgy though and they could be shut down at any time or worse!

teamonster

Chatty Member
I think he’s super creepy, just watched a little bit of his latest vlog and him on that water ride with the two other women - extremely creepy 😬🙈 no wonder he hung around with other weirdos in his vlogs before they got caught out
That was VERY weird. He is very creepy. I wouldn’t have been surprised if allegations had been made about him as well

Ya that's possible. I'm sure some people do that to get views. The thing is though that the UK bloggers seem to stay fairly stable in terms of subscribers and views. Some of the popular UK Disney channels have less than 20K subscribers, 5k is a respectable figure but they seem to be able to turn these low numbers into revenue better than some of the big channels. Maybe people find them more relatable? Maybe having a small channel means they can give their hardcore followers attention via live chats, book clubs, quizzes, meetups which means people develop stronger feelings in either direction etc but there are so many small channels that have very active 'hate watch' threads on here but also very active supporters who generate a grand a month or more on Patreon and another few hundred from t-shirts and live chats not to mention the gifts they get sent. You can see on Patreon how many subscribers they have and some tiny channels with 3K subs are able to turn that into 150 Patreons donating min £10 a month.

I found the small channels and the really tiny folks with a dozen subs by searching for 'Orlando travel day' on YT. Travel days are my fav videos to watch. I have no interest in Tim Tracker or the other super popular bloggers, it's the excitement and the anticipation of people who are not there every week that I enjoy watching. If they are somehow strange or daft I will search here and 9/10 there's a thread or some mention of them. Many of them have never been mentioned here as they have 200 views but the videos are very enjoyable nevertheless.

I agree I think I'm pretty over the bigger channels as they become so un-relatable. Everything gets bigger and more grand, the more subs they get.

I ended up finding most of the smaller channels a few years ago, as I was doing daily exercise sessions while watching recommended vlogs they all seemed to be smaller channels, it's how I found people like Damian and India who I really enjoyed watching, Will and Lelly L&R dreaming when they was smaller and under 5000 The bigger US channels never popped into my recommendations funny enough.