Disney Vloggers #3 Paris or a cruise it's all about those views

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have to confess, I don’t even know who half of these nobodies are being talked about on this group now. I’m shocked so many people are so interested in under 3k sub Youtubers.. bit suss
Can I ask why it’s a bit suss?

I started watching a lot of these smaller channels because I wanted something that I hoped would be a more relaxed and real experience of Disney - just a normal couple or family doing normal fun family things without the fakery or false positive of a bigger, possibly hosted blogger. I mean, boy was I wrong about the fake ness levels of a lot of them lol, but that was certainly how it started

Reactions: 5
Can I ask why it’s a bit suss?

I started watching a lot of these smaller channels because I wanted something that I hoped would be a more relaxed and real experience of Disney - just a normal couple or family doing normal fun family things without the fakery or false positive of a bigger, possibly hosted blogger. I mean, boy was I wrong about the fake ness levels of a lot of them lol, but that was certainly how it started
Same for me and when I found out how fake some of them were and that some of them didn't do anything for a living except beg on Patreon I googled and found this site and here I am! I don't understand the suss comment either, I guess maybe he thinks that mentions of them are plants to generate views or something? Considering how those folks get ripped to shreds I doubt it!

Reactions: 4
For those who asked hopefully I've done it correctly - I followed the guidelines but MODS can always let me know if any changes need to be made

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I really like them and their vlogs. Virgin did handle that amazingly well. Looked much better than the Disney Cruise ship too.
It ain't though.. I watched a couple of the walk through vlogs that were out just before lockdown started in 2020 and it looks hideous. Most of the passengers onboard are not even Virgins target market. It's basically a floating 18-30's holiday and just as tacky, although the food doesn't look too bad at the moment.

It ain't though.. I watched a couple of the walk through vlogs that were out just before lockdown started in 2020 and it looks hideous. Most of the passengers onboard are not even Virgins target market. It's basically a floating 18-30's holiday and just as tacky, although the food doesn't look too bad at the moment.
I like the idea of an adult only cruise. I like the idea of a more service oriented cruise. Virgin in theory sounds good except I am not a fan of the design esthetic at all.

Same for me and when I found out how fake some of them were and that some of them didn't do anything for a living except beg on Patreon I googled and found this site and here I am! I don't understand the suss comment either, I guess maybe he thinks that mentions of them are plants to generate views or something? Considering how those folks get ripped to shreds I doubt it!
Wanted share any smaller vlogs that are particularly good or bad? I’m always in the market.

Virgin in theory sounds good except I am not a fan of the design esthetic at all.
Exact same take away I had from the video as well, the rooms look like a Premier Inn/Ibis. I have near zero cruise experience so I don't know if its the norm or not. Nothing really stood out from the food or experiences.

I don't understand the suss comment either, I guess maybe he thinks that mentions of them are plants to generate views or something? Considering how those folks get ripped to shreds I doubt it!
I wouldn't be surprised that some of the low post new people are associated with smaller channels mentioned here. Hell, look at BrummyMummyOf2, the amount of views that Tattle give her is probably quite high, attracting hate watchers who will watch all your content just helps you in the long run 🤣

I wouldn't be surprised that some of the low post new people are associated with smaller channels mentioned here. Hell, look at BrummyMummyOf2, the amount of views that Tattle give her is probably quite high, attracting hate watchers who will watch all your content just helps you in the long run 🤣
this is what I meant. I watch a lot of Disney and travel vloggers and I’ve never heard of any of them. The number of comments about these tiny channels is very wild. I think some people must be competition or the people themselves trying to get noticed. How can one get more chat than the 100k+ vloggers.

Reactions: 1
this is what I meant. I watch a lot of Disney and travel vloggers and I’ve never heard of any of them. The number of comments about these tiny channels is very wild. I think some people must be competition or the people themselves trying to get noticed. How can one get more chat than the 100k+ vloggers.
I don’t really enjoy the Disney vloggers with 100k+ as the majority are American or influencers and I prefer the UK family on holiday vibe. Except for The Despicable Three who have around 13k I think all the ones I watch have less than 8k. Majority on around 2-3k. Following this thread since the start most of the ones discussed here are smaller channels as the big ones like Tim Tracker have their own thread.
Also I’m really nosey and if I see a bit of drama I’ll have a nose to see what’s going on! I found that group through watching SeeShaunEat (who I initially liked until I saw the light!) and noticing fallouts on twitter etc.

No doubt there are some of the group on here though, some have already identified themselves!

Absolutely brilliant! Knappily tried to book their kids into kids club early on the DCL and got turned away. 🤣🤣🤣 I've never known Disny vlogger parents so desperate to get rid of their kids as these two. I don't even know why they had kids. They just seem like such a burden to them. 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Ya that's possible. I'm sure some people do that to get views. The thing is though that the UK bloggers seem to stay fairly stable in terms of subscribers and views. Some of the popular UK Disney channels have less than 20K subscribers, 5k is a respectable figure but they seem to be able to turn these low numbers into revenue better than some of the big channels. Maybe people find them more relatable? Maybe having a small channel means they can give their hardcore followers attention via live chats, book clubs, quizzes, meetups which means people develop stronger feelings in either direction etc but there are so many small channels that have very active 'hate watch' threads on here but also very active supporters who generate a grand a month or more on Patreon and another few hundred from t-shirts and live chats not to mention the gifts they get sent. You can see on Patreon how many subscribers they have and some tiny channels with 3K subs are able to turn that into 150 Patreons donating min £10 a month.

I found the small channels and the really tiny folks with a dozen subs by searching for 'Orlando travel day' on YT. Travel days are my fav videos to watch. I have no interest in Tim Tracker or the other super popular bloggers, it's the excitement and the anticipation of people who are not there every week that I enjoy watching. If they are somehow strange or daft I will search here and 9/10 there's a thread or some mention of them. Many of them have never been mentioned here as they have 200 views but the videos are very enjoyable nevertheless.

Reactions: 2
Ya that's possible. I'm sure some people do that to get views. The thing is though that the UK bloggers seem to stay fairly stable in terms of subscribers and views. Some of the popular UK Disney channels have less than 20K subscribers, 5k is a respectable figure but they seem to be able to turn these low numbers into revenue better than some of the big channels. Maybe people find them more relatable? Maybe having a small channel means they can give their hardcore followers attention via live chats, book clubs, quizzes, meetups which means people develop stronger feelings in either direction etc but there are so many small channels that have very active 'hate watch' threads on here but also very active supporters who generate a grand a month or more on Patreon and another few hundred from t-shirts and live chats not to mention the gifts they get sent. You can see on Patreon how many subscribers they have and some tiny channels with 3K subs are able to turn that into 150 Patreons donating min £10 a month.

I found the small channels and the really tiny folks with a dozen subs by searching for 'Orlando travel day' on YT. Travel days are my fav videos to watch. I have no interest in Tim Tracker or the other super popular bloggers, it's the excitement and the anticipation of people who are not there every week that I enjoy watching. If they are somehow strange or daft I will search here and 9/10 there's a thread or some mention of them. Many of them have never been mentioned here as they have 200 views but the videos are very enjoyable nevertheless.

I agree I think I'm pretty over the bigger channels as they become so un-relatable. Everything gets bigger and more grand, the more subs they get.

I ended up finding most of the smaller channels a few years ago, as I was doing daily exercise sessions while watching recommended vlogs they all seemed to be smaller channels, it's how I found people like Damian and India who I really enjoyed watching, Will and Lelly L&R dreaming when they was smaller and under 5000 The bigger US channels never popped into my recommendations funny enough.

A lot of the bigger channels have their own threads on here which is probably why they aren’t mentioned as much in this one.

I know she’s not really on YouTube but Find Us In Paradise posting about the VIP tour she did today. No tags in her stories about it being gifted or anything… but she said they range from $425-850 per hour and you have to book a minimum of 7 hours. Holy smokes. 🥴

It might be because I'm not obsessed with Disney as some youtubers are, but does anyone else find it cringey with the whole "Welcome Home" thing Disney do and the vloggers getting emotional when being told that when they arrive? Like "Welcome back" might be more appropriate...

It might be because I'm not obsessed with Disney as some youtubers are, but does anyone else find it cringey with the whole "Welcome Home" thing Disney do and the vloggers getting emotional when being told that when they arrive? Like "Welcome back" might be more appropriate...
"Welcome Home" was the tagline for DVC, and cast members are supposed to say it to visitors when they scan in at the parks (and the scanner flashes purple). Over time it seems to have turned into a more general greeting, for some reason.

Reactions: 2
I do get the welcome home thing, even before dvc it was common to refer to it as coming home. There's a comfort and feeling relaxed to disney and the bubble is like a second home. But I don't cry.

There's a comfort and feeling relaxed to disney and the bubble is like a second home. But I don't cry.
Same, my day job is relatively stressful and I have a very hard time disconnecting, probably down to nearly 20 years of on-call work. I find the Disney bubble, DLP especially, extremely relaxing and it very much is a complete escape for me, but I don't really understand the almost fetishisation of it all and the extreme emotional responses.

Reactions: 7
But I don't really understand the almost fetishisation of it all and the extreme emotional responses.
This is what I mean yeah. Also that makes more sense with it originating as a DVC thing I didn't know that, as yes obviously that is for people that go so regularly it is like a second home...

Sooooo.. About four days after a post desperately fishing for attention on the you-tube community page, the Celebrityshaws have re-apperared on socials after no one took the bait.

They are at DLP. What a humongous surprise. My God all of these people are so predictable.

Yaz and Cash have already milked that cow dry.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.