Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Snapdragon5

I follow dreamingofdisney247 on Instagram. I swear to god, they literally boarded the cruise yesterday and they're already off it today.

How completely pointless!!!
I cant believe the prices people are paying for a little Disney... and then there was me at the local Disney store that's closing to get my fix 😆 More money than sense some people but if I had a pile of disposable income I probably would too.

Then there's Sian... has the disposable income but doesn't prioritise her children. Definitely no sense with that one.

Reactions: 6

SomeoneLOLd

Chatty Member
Reminds me of how much Sam4God has been milking her last trip to DLP, I’ve lost count of how many videos she’s uploaded about it!
haha yeah and Yaz and Ash! though to be fair, I understand that more than doing a million videos before you've even gone on a trip! but I just don't like all the 'what I packed for.....' style videos YouTubers do , would much rather see actual footage of parks or cruises!

goofygirlDLP9999

VIP Member
we cruised this weekend. It was FULL of wannabe vloggers and influencers. Walking around with cameras on whatever handheld tripods are called. They were everywhere! We considered vlogging our last Disney world trip and I’m so glad we never started.
I honestly think once DLP and WDW re-opens to the UK, YouTube and Instagram is going to be so oversaturated with wannabe Disney Vloggers!

Knappily is definitely top of the wannabe list. I watched a few of their videos but I just found them so insufferable.

It got me thinking, what makes you LIKE a Disney Vlogger?

Squiggy74

VIP Member
The only one I've ever met is Pete Werner from the DIS. He was really nice, we had a good chat. I know this isn't how he necessarily comes across on camera however in the panel shows. Just my experience.
Same, I like his sarcasm on camera and The DIS crew's variety of personalities makes them my favorite vloggers compared to so many of the others flexing and desperately needing to be FIRST experiencing anything Disney related. Pete was very friendly, asked about me, and spent unrushed time just chatting. His sense of humor was still very evident, just a cool and fun guy.

knappily ever after only seem to care about views, L&R are lovely and I watch them but find them so bored and often they just repeat themselves!

for US vlogger so love the magic dads their dining Vlogs are fantastic and they do Cali stuff, I also watch Karen Bee for the cruise Vlogs (found her through L&R) and a smaller channel called Marvel at the Magic (found them through Karen Bee HHN Vlog)
Marvel at the Magic are lovely. Watched quite a few of their vlogs.
Also watched Karen bee for a while.

Genuine vloggers.

I really like Mr David Mr Ian
The Despicable 3
Karen bee
Will and Lelly
Spoonful of suger although a bit harder to relate to for me.
Recently been enjoying Hannah rickets I've just watched her last Disney series before the "C"
I quite enjoyed cheers ears too, seems they have been going to Disney for years, but only just started blogging after watching other peoples.
Same with The Hemms, from their insta they have been going since the wife was a child, and taken their 3 boys pretty much every year since they was babies, and oldest is now 18 which I have to say I admire as they clearly had their children very young maybe even in their Teens! And have obviously worked hard to provide for them.

Last edited:

deejvillage

VIP Member
I agree. A high subscriber count and lots of views doesn't always translate to good quality content.
Quite the opposite in a lot of cases my fave couple to hate (S&D) nearly have 40k subscribers and I still don't understand why, or how they are even considered Disney vloggers!

• Heart

goofygirlDLP9999

VIP Member
It the vlogmas's where they have about 10 beauty / disney advent calendars that all cost between £10-£100 each and I'm like, who an earth has the money for all this!

Another irritant is where Disney Vloggers (especially ones in the UK) make Disney links to everything. For example, the could be out in the public toilets at the Trafford Centre (like Sophie and Dave) and make comments like 'Oh it smells like Epcot!' or they could be literally in a shop and be like 'oh it reminds me of WDW' but constant!

They ALL do it. It's never-ending! Krispy Smore used to be guilty of this!

Speaking of Krispy Smore, I really can't put my finger on why I found them so icky to watch. I liked them, thought they had good information and were nice but they just made me feel a bit grossed out.

• Haha

LemonPledge

Chatty Member
Me and my boyfriend were considering doing the Starcruiser as we're big Star Wars fans but prices starting at nearly $5k for 2 nights is crazy! It's also only a day and a half of activities - you get on the Starcruiser between 1pm and 4pm on day 1 and have to leave around 9am on day 3! Half of day 2 is pretty much just going round Galaxy's Edge which you can do anyway.

I'll be really interested to see how well it books. I have a big birthday next year so we were thinking of doing it as part of a WDW trip, but for that price I'd rather rent DVC points and have a nice hotel for a week.

I can totally see the likes of Yaz and Ash passing round the begging bowl to their Patreons to fund a trip.

Saratogarose

Chatty Member
Oh sorry you're right...It must be their growing channels (despite Covid) with a ton of support from their viewers that confused me!
My mistake
This confused me. Growing channels and tons of support ..... Have I missed something?

The weekend looks like it was a who's who? Quite literally.

It was interesting to see the Kershingshaws there a day or two after coming back from DLP.

Yet another example of people who have spent a year and a half complaining about feeling unsafe and places being busy but find it perfectly acceptable to go to a gathering after being abroad and before doing a return PCR test (LFT's are about as reliable as Sophie & Dave before any of our new friends say it).

• Heart

pauljohns2011

Chatty Member
You can do this? I mean i don’t think but it can actually be done?

Me personally, I wouldn’t be doing that, surly that’s irresponsible and a slap in the face to our NHS and given how much Binky show support for our health service and workers they wouldn’t do that just to get to WDW. Would they? 😳
Considering the U.K. government allows in Americans here now it’s not a slap in the face to out NHS is it. The Americans don’t want our flavour of covid there…that’s the problem and restricting factor.

It is an important part of the U.K. economy to keep the travel sector going as it supports a huge workforce in multiple sectors so travel when people feel safe to do so.

The travel restrictions are just too confusing for me to want to go anywhere. I’d love to pop to DLP for a few days but working out all the restrictions is a real headache and then they could change whenever!
France going back to regular amber list imminently. And if double vaccinated will mean no quarantine on return either. Give it a few weeks and head there soon :)

Knappily is definitely top of the wannabe list. I watched a few of their videos but I just found them so insufferable.
I’m sure they have already put a deposit down on a stay at the Star Wars hotel and have a Q&A planned to answer everyone’s questions.

goofygirlDLP9999

VIP Member
I was just saying on the Sophie and Dave thread, good luck to all of these shitty Disney Vloggers trying to make Disney look 'relatable' and 'affordable now!!!!

Compared to 2019 at the height of Disney YouTube, now there is no;
- No free Fastpass.
- No free airport transfers.
- No dining plan. Only dining credits that equate to feck all. No free resort mugs as part of the dining plan.
- No extra magic hours.

If you think how much all of that adds to a holiday it's ridiculous!! And there are no perks really to staying on site are there,

Sadly, I think Disney will start overusing 'influencers' which will mean more free trips for people who don't deserve them and Disney will get worse and worse!

• Heart

CaptainChaos

Anyone is able to attend but a lot of these people won’t want to talk to you if you’re not a vlogger 🤣
well I wouldn’t be able to get a word in With reeves family talking over everyone anyway 😂 They went for a day out at a zoo recently and moaned constantly about social distancing / crowd levels / lack of people following guidelines and left early. I know restrictions are lifted but why organise something like this if you’re anxious about Covid? just Shows the desperation of these people. If they can’t handle a zoo they’re not going to cope with the circus of clowns with cameras!

• Haha

SomeoneLOLd

Chatty Member
I hate it when vloggers put like a full show in their vlog! I always skip it, just think it should be added as a separate video 😬
Yes this is one of my biggest pet peeves for any vlog, not even just Disney ones ! Clips here and there are fine but if I wanted to watch the full show, I’d just YouTube it

ZapfaWat

Also, random aside, I always enjoy when they tout around DVC and try to keep it secret as to how many points they have as to not show how much money they actually spent. Its a Deed, its public record in the states and can be very easily searched for...

• Wow

Armadillo2001

For anyone wanting the vintage TUKDC Paul experience of shitiness towards people (Kyle and Beth and poor Cheryl) then watch Nathan Staker: First night in Disney World with friends Sept 2019 and skip to 04:49. Also calls someone a twat at 11.11 after the fireworks. Nice guy.
Chauvinist idiot.
I'm actually surprised that an ego maniac like Paul has managed to keep himself off of YouTube or social media for so long! When he does finally resurface, it'll be like the second coming of Christ (in his own tiny mind at least!)

Smeghead.reloaded

Chatty Member
Should Disney Vloggers get involved in the whole COVID vaccination debate!?

Oh lord.

This is the same Mum who has 5 kids sharing a bedroom and goes to WDW rather than getting appropriate accomodation...
Although technically for some of what she said is true it's the chances of them happening that's important. Take chances of dying for example you are 99.99% less likely to die if you have been vaccinated. I know which odds I prefer..

ZapfaWat

Jesus those posts, smells of desperation and trying to get some freebies from Virgin Holidays lol

I'm actually surprised that an ego maniac like Paul has managed to keep himself off of YouTube or social media for so long! When he does finally resurface, it'll be like the second coming of Christ (in his own tiny mind at least!)
he’s skulking around under some alias all over social media I suspect, a person with that kind of ego doesn’t just hide away.