Disney Vloggers #1

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As for the "artsy" stuff, b-roll can be a good thing to help keep the audience engaged. I agree though, that b-roll is kind of cringy. It really should flow to the point where the viewer doesn't even realize it is there. THough that is something that comes with time and practice in making and editing videos.
Given how many times he’s mentioned doing a media degree, and starting YT to showcase his skills, you’d think it’s something he’d be better at 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Also does anyone know what the fascination is with putting "DVC" in an Instagram bios? I assume it's a way to highlight to everyone that your are poor at making financial decisions and can't be trusted with a 5 pound note as you will probably spend it all on magic beans.
Most of these idiots see it as some sort of badge of honour, or that they're in an exclusive club of some sort. I own DVC, and I don't think I'm too financially irresponsible, you have to remember for every Insta idiot that has bought DVC there's probably 10 normal people in the UK who have DVC.

It is frustrating to me watching these young social media couples buying DVC, taking loans or borrowing money from friends/family, only to break up later and have this massive financial debt they need to agree on, they perpetuate the bad rep of DVC and cause (rightly so) views like yours.

Reactions: 7
I like Charlotte in Wonderland. I've not seen all her videos but she makes a good blog and the ones I've seen are entertaining. She recently had a divorce too but her update video letting people know was done really nice. * Paul and Cheryl take note *
Thank you for mentioning this, I just watched it and it was really refreshing to hear her being so honest. I feel maybe the other recent breakups weren't so amicable and that's why it's not been properly addressed by either side of the couples 🤷‍♀️

Does anyone have any suggestions for ones who live in florida. I do like watching UK couples trips but also enjoy watching ones who do go alot so I can keep up with the changes. I do watch Tim tracker occasionally and also kels/john.
Theme Park Express is really good.

Most of these idiots see it as some sort of badge of honour, or that they're in an exclusive club of some sort. I own DVC, and I don't think I'm too financially irresponsible, you have to remember for every Insta idiot that has bought DVC there's probably 10 normal people in the UK who have DVC.

It is frustrating to me watching these young social media couples buying DVC, taking loans or borrowing money from friends/family, only to break up later and have this massive financial debt they need to agree on, they perpetuate the bad rep of DVC and cause (rightly so) views like yours.
I guess I just do not like the way its flaunted in someone's Instagram bio.

Thank you for mentioning this, I just watched it and it was really refreshing to hear her being so honest. I feel maybe the other recent breakups weren't so amicable and that's why it's not been properly addressed by either side of the couples 🤷‍♀️
I went back and watched some of her earlier vlogs, its like a different person compared to now. To start with it was a real person and now it just comes across as fake with the high pitched over excited voice and look etc.

I don't think Cheryl will be successful at YT on her own. I think acting like a teenager will wear thin with her audience.

Reactions: 2
Just started watching James Farrow last night. Not sure if he’s been mentioned here, but he popped up as recommended on my YT and 3 vlogs in I’m enjoying them.

Theme Park Express is really good.
Isn't he the one who filmed the new coaster at Universal when Universal strictly told him and others not to film? This kid is 24 years old and I have better things to do than to watch some kid film himself in the parks. These vloggers offer nothing other than them being self absorbed.

Neato! Emily Enchanted has a new video about how she preps to vlog an opening day like an Epcot festival. Hint: a manicure in Winter Park and new clothes from Princess Polly, gotta flex of course.

It is so annoying when these girls try on their merch hauls and tell us "this dress is SO flattering!" (ummmm, how bout you let us be the judge of that) or "this blouse is SO cute!" (if you think so, babe).

And re: the video title, maybe now that Em has been laid off from her seasonal job in entertainment and Radio Disney is shutting its doors, she is going to lean on calling herself a "Disney Influencer".

The only thing she influences me to do is barf from the fake sweetness.
View attachment 489799
Oh please. She's a disney influencer. Nope! You are just an average woman. Sick of all of these vloggers. Hope Disneyland and WDW ban vlogging on Disney property soon. I used to watch some of the vloggers, and the livestreams are so annoying, but then I realized I am watching someone else live their life and beg for money because they think they are a celebrity.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3

To me DVC is like a top line Merc or Audi. Some people can walk in and pay cash or they earn enough that the payments are only a tiny % of their take home pay. Good for them. Other people buy these cars when they really can't afford them at all and they are renting a bedsit but paying 30% of their income for the car or they have loads of debt, inherit 30K and spend it all on a car that will depreciate when they drive it down the road and then they struglle to insure it every year. So while I think that many people who own DVC can afford to do it, most people who think they want DVC because these vloggers push it so much probably can't afford it for the same reason that most people cannot afford a new Mercedes/Tesla/Audi and frankly don't need one because there are cheaper options. Same with accommodation in Florida. It is very hard to find unbiased info on DVC though as most videos are made by people who really drunk the kool aid and some of it is shockingly irresponsible. I stopped listening to that US Disney podcast when one of the guys promoted DVC to millennials by pushing a loan you can get when you have student debt without a credit check with 18% interest.

Reactions: 8
It is very hard to find unbiased info on DVC though as most videos are made by people who really drunk the kool aid and some of it is shockingly irresponsible.
I totally agree with you (and the rest of your post). I spent some time watching some of these 'Our DVC journey' videos by some of these idiots and the amount of things they get wrong is unsettling. DVC isn't right for everyone, sometimes they act like they're on commission and I don't get it.

DVC is in my opinion a waste of money if you are from the U.K. However renting dvc points is a great way to stay at deluxe resorts without the huge burden of paying for DVC

Reactions: 3
DVC is in my opinion a waste of money if you are from the U.K. However renting dvc points is a great way to stay at deluxe resorts without the huge burden of paying for DVC
Like was said above though, it’s not necessarily a huge burden for some. Ultimately, nobody should buy DVC unless it’s right for their individual circumstances but too many people ignore that in favour of YT content and an Instagram “DVC Owners” label.

Like was said above though, it’s not necessarily a huge burden for some. Ultimately, nobody should buy DVC unless it’s right for their individual circumstances but too many people ignore that in favour of YT content and an Instagram “DVC Owners” label.
I wholeheartedly agree with this. Buy in for the right reasons by all means but not to keep up with the Jones's or to prove you are some sort of super fan.

Reactions: 4
Hey everyone, been lurking for a while and have decided to chime in.

Discovered Mr David & Mr Ian thanks to this thread, and I ADORE them. They are so funny and entertaining to watch. Genuinely fond of each other and just so excited to be in Orlando. I just watched their first times riding Space Mountain and Everest and howled with laughter. Felt so bad for poor Ian, though. David’s laugh cracks

Love Super Enthused, I think she’s adorable and I really enjoy her style of vlogging. She seems like someone I’d have a blast hanging out at Disney with.

Paging Mr Morrow- I generally enjoy his vlogs, although there are some things that I find really annoying: that slow motion black and white thing when he eats something he really enjoys, his THAAANK YAOU, and (yes, I know this is petty and dumb) the way he pronounces “mountain”.
But I feel like he is really trying to broaden his horizon, and I appreciate that.

Also really love Dan and George (formerly Wandering Apple), also just really pleasant to watch and follow along, not only on their Disney adventures.

This Orlando Life was probably my favorite, whenever JL or Tom were a part of them. Oliver and Spencer were always a little cringey together, but I was sad to hear they had split up. Can’t wait to see what happens with them in the future.

VERY torn on That UK Disney Couple.
Paul was an insufferable Karen on many occasions, that’s for sure, but he did have his moments, where he didn’t seem to take himself too seriously, plus their vlogs were pretty detailed and they did genuinely seem so excited to be there. Cheryl (why is her name pronounced like THAT?)- she seemed pretty dull most of the time, but sweet and pleasant. Also, she is HORRIBLE at doing her own make-up. I just want to shake her and yell at her to BLEND!
Then they had weird moments where I kind of thought they had this odd daddy/little girl thing going on, or something. Just an odd dynamic. They seem to both struggle with mental well-being to some degree.
I think they were really not good for each other and maybe they’ll both be better off after the split.
Her Instagram is awful, though.

That entire Saturday Nights Crew is puzzling, to be honest.
Nathan Staker, I kind of feel bad for him, because he just seems like this awkward dude who’s been bullied a lot, and he feels like this is his moment to sit at the cool kids’ table- only they’re not really the cool kids at all. He seems pretty dull, but a nice enough kid.

See Shaun Vlog- he just comes off as a major prick to me, and him and and his wife seem like real sour-pusses , but it also seems like they’ve been through a lot health-wise, so I do feel for them in that respect. What read about their drama on here checks out, though.

Their Saturday Night show was unbearable and I could never make it through an entire episode.
Their Goodbye’s nearly had me pulling out my own eyelashes from second-hand embarrassment.

I really do like Zoe, so I don’t think she fits in at all.

Reactions: 12
I half expected the Saturday Night Disfunctionals to make an unwanted reappreance last night with a park mask update 'special' or something like that. That lot make Casualty appealing on a Saturday night - both watching it on TV or being admitted yourself 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
I half expected the Saturday Night Disfunctionals to make an unwanted reappreance last night with a park mask update 'special' or something like that. That lot make Casualty appealing on a Saturday night - both watching it on TV or being admitted yourself 🤣
You take that back!!!! I love Casualty!

• Haha
Once the US announce a lift on the travel ban, I am expecting a grade a tit show to unfold. You bet there’ll be a “breaking news” special edition that very evening. Not gonna lie, I have tentative travel plans for December/January myself, but it’ll be fun to watch them scrambling to be the first ones back respectively.

Once the US announce a lift on the travel ban, I am expecting a grade a tit show to unfold. You bet there’ll be a “breaking news” special edition that very evening. Not gonna lie, I have tentative travel plans for December/January myself, but it’ll be fun to watch them scrambling to be the first ones back respectively.
Does anyone have any feelings when USA travel will happen?
I'm hoping to be back over Christmas but I just don't know.

Does anyone have any feelings when USA travel will happen?
I'm hoping to be back over Christmas but I just don't know.
I think there *might* be an announcement relatively soon, depending on how effectively the vaccines turn out to work with the variants that are cropping up now. I think it’ll be interesting to see what the conditions will be: Will there be a time frame, as in how much time has passed since you’ve been vaccinated? What kind of documentation of vaccinations will be necessary? Will travelers be required to quarantine? The joys of living in “unprecedented times” - nobody really knows, and we’ll just have to wing it.
I do think the UK will be the first in Europe to be allowed back in (I am not from the UK, but good for you lovely people :)). I think Christmas is a realistic plan. For me, it’ll just depend on the overall circumstances, but luckily I tend to wing my vacations anyway.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.