Disney Vloggers #1

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Someone had them in a list a few pages back, but I’d like to second the recommendation for Kitra and Peter of Ordinary Adventures. They cover mainly Southern California theme parks, though they have gone to Aulani and WDW in the last year. Their videos are well-shot and Kitra started editing full-time in 2020 and does an outstanding job. I skipped their collab with The Trackers, but other than that I thoroughly enjoy them. They know pop culture, they know the theme parks, they do thorough research, and they are genuinely nice people.
I did enjoy a few of their vlogs then I was directed via tattle to their vlog where they said how tough covid had been for them financially so they were setting up Patreon so they could continue, fair enough.....but then they opened up a $300 Grogu 'lifelike' statue on a vlog and said this was made possible due to their Patrons, then they buggered off to Aulani, probably again financed by idiots!

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Also, anyone had the pleasure of watching Sams Disney life? I know she’s relatively new but yeah.... seems desperate.
She gives lots of wrong information, reports old news seems to have very deep pockets as some of the hauls she does are super duper expensive. Seems to churn out loads and loads of tedious repetitive videos.
Despite only having minimal views she also makes videos showing others how to be successful on YouTube????
Yes 😐 I found her while searching for DLP vlogs to watch, she's super annoying! In one of her 'sit down' videos she gave so much incorrect information it was crazy! I commented on it as if people are watching it before their first trip they will be disappointed

Reactions: 2
Travelling Magical, the heterosexual lodge guys (without the lodge or following). Everything they do is a copy of The Lodge Guys. So much so, that up until about a month ago their about section on YouTube was a carbon copy of the Lodge Guys complete with how they’ve bought a lodge. My friend sent me a screenshot of it last year, I’ll see if I can dig it out 😂

They’ve made no secret about joining Tattle to get people to hate watch them because they’re so short on watch time to be monetised.
I have never heard of them but if that is true about getting people to hate watch then I have no words. I have just looked them up and they have 1,300 subscribers but only 22,000 views in total. Something doesn't stack up there
No surprise. I checked out their channel. 24K views with over 1K subs. They are clearly into the sub4sub game. If you check out their stats on SocialBlade, you will see they got most of their subscribers very early on in their channel life. Often getting a lot of subs for very few views. Sub4sub doesn't work because those subscribers don't care about the channel. They only subscribed so the other channel would subscribe back. It may get you to the magical 1K subs, but that doesn't matter. You still need to put out content people want to watch in order to get the 4K in watch hours.

No surprise. I checked out their channel. 24K views with over 1K subs. They are clearly into the sub4sub game. If you check out their stats on SocialBlade, you will see they got most of their subscribers very early on in their channel life. Often getting a lot of subs for very few views. Sub4sub doesn't work because those subscribers don't care about the channel. They only subscribed so the other channel would subscribe back. It may get you to the magical 1K subs, but that doesn't matter. You still need to put out content people want to watch in order to get the 4K in watch hours.
Those views stats are embarrassing and you are so right. It stinks of Sub 4 Sub.

Reactions: 1
I think they just come off as desperate to be famous youtubers/influencers or whatever! They tried to do “artsy” shots in one of their videos and I couldn’t stop laughing at them trying to sit on the bench😂! I just cringe so much when I watch them

Just found the vlog😂 about 5.10 and then 10.30 don’t understand the need for these clips 😂😬

Last edited:
  • Haha
Just checked out Cheryl's tiktok... That was an experience I never wish to repeat.

Also has anyone watched Charlotte in Wonderland? The put on voice is extremely annoying coupled with Leslie Ash's lips!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Just checked out Cheryl's tiktok... That was an experience I never wish to repeat.

Also has anyone watched Charlotte in Wonderland? The put on voice is extremely annoying coupled with Leslie Ash's lips!!!
never watched Charlotte in Wonderland but is she the one that’s friends with Cheryl? Well they went out shopping the other day? Might give her a try lol😂

It's a pyramid scheme around fitness classes and products. I'm not going to link them, no company that operates in that way deserves promotion online.
Yeah and what's really annoying about BB is that their early programs are actually amazing. P90X and Insanity are so good that professional athletes use them and I used Insanity when I was a college athlete I used Insanity and the follow up Asylum workouts and they got me into the most amazing shape. The company didn't need to go down the MLM route with all those overpriced shakes and those coaches who are so annoying. They could have made so much money just selling the dvds, nowadays all streaming of course. They destroyed their rep with the MLM and I'm guessing lost the audience for serious hardcore workouts because everything they do now is 'clickbaity' type workouts like 20 day this and 20 minute that.

The coaches all get the same training it seems because they are covert and usually say things like 'DM for info' and the all are like vultures on the creators social media. So if an unsuspecting person goes on Shaun T's page and says 'when is that coming out' or 'is that workout in one of your programs' coaches will respond with DM me or I can help or they will follow the person and of course try to recruit them as coaches and sell them a shakes subscription. It's all icky to me.

And edit but when someone is in that field I'm afraid I assume that they YT account is just another hustle for money rather than a genuine love of Disney or travel or whatever.

I feel like I’m probably going to be on my own with this one...but does anyone else not understand the obsession with Universal’s HHN? Is it actually good or do they just all do it for the content? I love Halloween but that does not appeal to me at all 😂
It doesn't have a lot of appeal I suppose to us Brits who go for a fortnight in summer or at Easter but now it will be starting in July soon enough! I think it's a good idea for locals as they will go because Halloween is a huge thing in the US now for teens and adults so it's a money printer for Disney and Universal. I don't go enough for it to appeal to me but for getting locals into the parks it's a genius idea which is why it gets longer every year and as I say soon enough it will start in July! And of course for vloggers who need content it's a big draw too.

I love the Disney parks but I'm also not a complete rollover for Disney either. I have a limit to how much I will let them gouge me so when I have park tickets I'm not paying another few hundred for special events, upgrades whatever. I'm not paying through the nose for a motel room with no free dining when I can get one a short Uber away for a fraction of the price and I'm not ever paying for their deluxe resorts when I can stay at the Four Seasons for less.

Last edited:

The voice is terrible, along with the lips and the eyelashes.....why would a pretty girl want to do that to her face?
I enjoyed her WDW vlogs and although she does dress her daughter up a lot she lets her choose what to do and actually spent time doing the activities at Animal Kingdom Lodge rather than drag her round the theme parks constantly

I like Charlotte in Wonderland. I've not seen all her videos but she makes a good blog and the ones I've seen are entertaining. She recently had a divorce too but her update video letting people know was done really nice. * Paul and Cheryl take note *

The voice is terrible, along with the lips and the eyelashes.....why would a pretty girl want to do that to her face?
I enjoyed her WDW vlogs and although she does dress her daughter up a lot she lets her choose what to do and actually spent time doing the activities at Animal Kingdom Lodge rather than drag her round the theme parks constantly
In her latest Thorpe Park Vlog the voice changes. Its like she is using her telephone voice to Vlog.

In her latest Thorpe Park Vlog the voice changes. Its like she is using her telephone voice to Vlog.
She looks beautiful and seems really nice but omg her face whatever work she’s had done it’s weird af! Clicked on her first ever vlog and she looks so naturally pretty in that, such a shame what she’s done!

She looks beautiful and seems really nice but omg her face whatever work she’s had done it’s weird af! Clicked on her first ever vlog and she looks so naturally pretty in that, such a shame what she’s done!
Ya it looks like just botox and lip injections but I think when you start this stuff too young this is the look you get as they all seem to get that 'look' and it's counterproductive because you end up looking like a very preserved 40 rather than a young woman and you lose the individuality of the face too I think anyway. Sorry to hear she's divorced though, I liked her travel day vlogs, didn't watch the rest but I hope she finds internal happiness and stops caring about external validation with unnecessary face work and the affected voice and all that. Probably not an easy thing but the way I see it she's at that point now where the work can be all that people see and you become a bit of a laughing stock which probably makes the person even less confident and makes them go in for more work.

Ya it looks like just botox and lip injections but I think when you start this stuff too young this is the look you get as they all seem to get that 'look' and it's counterproductive because you end up looking like a very preserved 40 rather than a young woman and you lose the individuality of the face too I think anyway. Sorry to hear she's divorced though, I liked her travel day vlogs, didn't watch the rest but I hope she finds internal happiness and stops caring about external validation with unnecessary face work and the affected voice and all that. Probably not an easy thing but the way I see it she's at that point now where the work can be all that people see and you become a bit of a laughing stock which probably makes the person even less confident and makes them go in for more work.
it’s such a shame people feel so much pressure to get work done, it’s just like all the girls in these reality tv shows, it needs to stop cause it’s too much and puts even more pressure on everyday girls to look like that I think! She seems lovely so gonna watch some of her wdw vlogs, but in the newer one I just couldn’t stop staring at her face, turned it off cause I felt to bad, it’s like the bottom half moves and top half does nothing, no facial expressions!

it’s such a shame people feel so much pressure to get work done, it’s just like all the girls in these reality tv shows, it needs to stop cause it’s too much and puts even more pressure on everyday girls to look like that I think! She seems lovely so gonna watch some of her wdw vlogs, but in the newer one I just couldn’t stop staring at her face, turned it off cause I felt to bad, it’s like the bottom half moves and top half does nothing, no facial expressions!
I agree 100% and social media just adds to the problem, no one posts a real photo anymore and its just a big competition.

Reading this thread its apparent that what seems to sell is realness and not fake people... For example Despicable Threes vlogs you can tell are just them enjoying days out with no staging etc.

I know a lot has been said about the Saturday Night Discussion gang but in their one defence at least they do not try to sell you useless Disney tat like some others, there's Primark for that!!

I also enjoy ThemeparkBazza, just seems a nice guy trying to make friends in the Disney Vlogging space.

Reactions: 3
I agree 100% and social media just adds to the problem, no one posts a real photo anymore and its just a big competition.

Reading this thread its apparent that what seems to sell is realness and not fake people... For example Despicable Threes vlogs you can tell are just them enjoying days out with no staging etc.

I know a lot has been said about the Saturday Night Discussion gang but in their one defence at least they do not try to sell you useless Disney tat like some others, there's Primark for that!!

I also enjoy ThemeparkBazza, just seems a nice guy trying to make friends in the Disney Vlogging space.
yeah that’s why I really like the despicable three too, they do it for the memories and able to watch back, they don’t pretend to be something and haven’t changed even since their first vlog. All the fakeness is so obvious too, I hate when people act so smug about disney as if they know it all. I just want to watch people enjoy their disney holidays!
Brogan Tate gets a lot of hate, personally I really like her, and think her disney vlogs are amazing! It’s all personal preference I guess!
I never watched they saturday night discussions, I hate watching live streams, they go on forever🤣! I watched a few of See Shaun Vlog and actually thought he was okay, his wife seems lovely too! I didn’t watch alot of TUKDC but even tho he was annoying I actually liked Paul, wonder what he will be like on his own tho - that’ll be interesting to see!

Also does anyone know what the fascination is with putting "DVC" in an Instagram bios? I assume it's a way to highlight to everyone that your are poor at making financial decisions and can't be trusted with a 5 pound note as you will probably spend it all on magic beans.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I think they just come off as desperate to be famous youtubers/influencers or whatever! They tried to do “artsy” shots in one of their videos and I couldn’t stop laughing at them trying to sit on the bench😂! I just cringe so much when I watch them

Just found the vlog😂 about 5.10 and then 10.30 don’t understand the need for these clips 😂😬
Yeah, for some reason people see 1K subs as a big number and if they can just get there everything will fall into place, they will be famous and make lots of money. The fact is 1,000 is nothing without watch hours and even if you have the bare minimum in watch hours, any revenue will probably only be a couple dollars a day. The other problem is that for the most part, all those people who came from sub4sub won't watch your videos and may actually hurt your videos when they don't click on them when they see them on their homepage. YouTube uses click through rates and average view duration to determine how engaging a video is. If people aren't clicking on, or if they are, and are clicking off right away it will hurt future video performance. For some reason though, people still do it.

As for the "artsy" stuff, b-roll can be a good thing to help keep the audience engaged. I agree though, that b-roll is kind of cringy. It really should flow to the point where the viewer doesn't even realize it is there. THough that is something that comes with time and practice in making and editing videos.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.