Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

rosebunny

I can never find the right phrasing to even Google this but maybe some remembers it.

It was a hot cereal you made up with milk (maybe water), smoother than porridge but that kind of taste. It came with a blue and red plastic beaker with a screw on lid, so you could have breakfast on the go, I guess (even though it leaked). I remember taking it with me to school a few times in the mid-90s.

theeyeroller

VIP Member
Love this thread! I miss mint wispa, golden cup bars and galaxy truffle eggs, does anyone remember those? I also miss the chicken New orleans sandwich from greggs, that was delicious!

HowlOwl

VIP Member
Boots All-day Breakfast sandwich made with baked bean bread. The bread was a lovely orange colour and the sandwich was stuffed with egg mayo, bacon, sausage and tomato relish. Very unhealthy but yummy.
Boots used to do a sandwich with a sort of orange slightly spicy mayo, kidney beans and lettuce on brown bread - I loved it.

bubbadabut

VIP Member
MTV when it ACTUALLY played music you mean??? I had MTV Europe back when the BSB was replaced with Sky, I was in heaven because of MTV but we lost access to MTV Europe and it was replaced with MTV UK, then it went tits up.
Same, MTV Europe was ace and had the best VJs too. Was definitely a turning point when they became MTV UK and diversified into all the different channels.

Kthxbye

Chatty Member
Maybe it was lilac. Or grey. It’s definitely not available anymore anyway - searched every duty free and perfume shop when have had the chance
There was Armani diamonds in the lilac glass bottle, or Armani remix in the round metal bottle, like the normal Armani? (Both were so nice!) Diamonds is still available, Remix isn't 😞

Mavis Cruet

I'm glad im not the only one, id eat one with squirty cream then wonder why I'd feel sick.
A Dominoes pizza and chocolate cake for me. Never felt sick, it was bliss! Everyone used to be astounded at how much I could eat and still stay tiny - mind you I swam every day and was very active so not that amazing!

Anyone remember these biscuits where they were covered in chocolate on the outside, on the inside the top layer was a layer of bubbly chocolate on top of a biscuit. They were rectangle in shape I think. Not aero biscuits, or echo.

I cannot remember the name of them, but I do remember they were tasty 😂

So, I'll add those things to the list! Haha
I loved these. I also loved m&s layered chocolate. It was dark milk and white. It was lush.

Xjd991X

Mars Delights were incredible!
I’d bring back the mojito flavoured 7up as well.
My local shop sells this!

Fabulous baking boys cupcakes
Original timeouts (new ones just don't do it)
Green cream soda (my partner says I'm crazy but it was a thing got it each week from the milk man in a glass bottle)
Jumpys (kangaroo 3d crisps) - I only ever found them in my local swimming pool vending machine many years ago
Campinos

These burgers from iceland so good
Screenshot_20210201-025047_Chrome.jpg

This water from Icelands i even emailed the company asking where they sell it but said it wasn't a good seller so discontinued
Screenshot_20210201-023753_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

thegirlscout

VIP Member
The Fabulous Baker Boys chocolate cupcakes. So yummy
I used to eat the sponge first then the chocolate. I didn’t realise they discontinued them!

Echo and Bingo chocolate bars
What?! They got rid of Echo bars?!

The original Puppy In My Pocket. The ones that had bore real life resemblance to various dog breeds - there was also a Kitty variety. I had a massive collection as a kid and remember wanting to source some for one of my sons a few years ago. I swiftly gave them a miss, the new ones are repulsive and they've been Bratified, just as what they did to My Little Pony.
In a similar vein, new Barbies are such a poor replacement to the ones of the 90s and early 00s. I’m nit talking about the height/size/disability aspects because I actually think it’s great they have become more diverse. But the finish is so appalling. I’ve got my niece 4 Barbies over the past 3 years and their hair is always super messy and unfinished at the ends. I have to trim it to make it tidier for her. Just looks so slapdash and rushed out (plus they cost so much for such a poor finish). Think I’ll turn to Lottie dolls instead next.

Last edited:

Emperor

Chatty Member
Ordered some Golden Drummers from Morrisons. Always a good meal. Our school canteen used to do them, so at break we'd use our status as 6th formers to jump the queue and get a really greasy one on a bag of chips. By 'we' I mean 'I'. I started to put on weight around this time too...

orlyb1310

VIP Member
Ice cold melonade in the summer :love: :love: I miss u xx
1613697715933.png

Ice cream Chewits
Cadbury Marble
Tango sour chewy sweets... the apple ones were incredible
The old 90s recipe of Refreshers (the round fizzy ones, not the chewy bar)
Riesen, although Lidl do a great version

I am still outraged that the Galaxy Truffle got replaced with a bloody Twix (a glorified biscuit!!) in Celebrations.

Also... Fairy have ‘improved’ their Original scent and it’s so sweet it makes me feel a bit sick. It used to be fresh and clean smelling, now it smells like cheap squash.
Ice cream chewits definitely still exist!! And I'm sure you can get tango sweets (not sure if they're the ones you're looking for though) in b&m/home bargains/poundland. They're always like 10 for a pound.