Designer Items #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I get this constantly. ‘Oh but I have the same bag from DH Gate and you couldn’t even notice a difference’ yes you bloody can and that’s not the point anyway 😭😭
Completely. I used to be the It bag etc girlie, and I got this constantly but my style has developed where I just want some nice understated great quality staples, which I’m in love with. So these days, to even have obviously labels on, I must really love it. Just don’t know why people are so awful 😂 I work super hard, and never comment on other peoples stuff as everyone’s circumstances are different

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’m really struggling with it because I feel like if I say something it makes it really uncomfortable for everyone involved, if I don’t say something and I like the person I feel bad for them that so many people they walk past will be judging them negatively, but if I don’t say something and I dislike the person I feel like they get to be smug and give their own ego a boost thinking they got away with it. Wearing a “birkin” to soft play and acting like the cat who got the cream really rubs me up the wrong way

Reactions: 1
I’m really struggling with it because I feel like if I say something it makes it really uncomfortable for everyone involved, if I don’t say something and I like the person I feel bad for them that so many people they walk past will be judging them negatively, but if I don’t say something and I dislike the person I feel like they get to be smug and give their own ego a boost thinking they got away with it. Wearing a “birkin” to soft play and acting like the cat who got the cream really rubs me up the wrong way
So we went for a lovely group dinner and bowling session at the weekend, and while at bowling (this was about 10:30pm on a saturday night lol thrilling lives we live I know) there was these couple of girls dripped in fake designer, and one of them had a fake kelly in the most off colour it wasn't even worth pretending it was real 😂 Really wanted to cry for her and tell her to spend her money at primark instead tbh
(not knocking primark bc I shop there too ofc 😂)

• Haha
Reactions: 4
My friend has bought a knock off version of nearly every bag I own and delights in wearing hers the same time I wear my real one 🥴

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
My friend has bought a knock off version of nearly every bag I own and delights in wearing hers the same time I wear my real one 🥴
Doesn’t sound like much of a friend ☹ I’ll never understand why some friends can’t be happy for others having nice things. It’s always a competition/trying to score point with others

Reactions: 9
Doesn’t sound like much of a friend ☹ I’ll never understand why some friends can’t be happy for others having nice things. It’s always a competition/trying to score point with others
I had a friend like this. Always "why" do you spend X on whatever brand, nobody cares.

Well I care and my bags are actually none of the in your face looking ones. My LVs are red epi and now my fav ever black & white malletage alma. I have a bright orange crochet Maje etc etc. I love them all. Reminded myself its the time of year for the Coach shearling to come fluffing out again 🤣

I have just ordered myself, however, some bling in your damn face LV earrings mind. Cat had to get me something for xmas after all 😎😎🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I’m surprised by the attitudes on here. Why would you care so much if anybody is wearing a fake or a dupe or whatever they want to call it. It says more about you as a person than them.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
I’m surprised by the attitudes on here. Why would you care so much if anybody is wearing a fake or a dupe or whatever they want to call it. It says more about you as a person than them.
I have owned fakes. I still own dupes. It's more about when people try to put you down for owning the real thing, which is bizarre, and making it some odd competition. Spend your money how you want.

Plus the way they're made/what they fund etc in the fake world.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I think supporting the slave trade says quite a lot about the person buying fakes.
So there you go.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I have owned fakes. I still own dupes. It's more about when people try to put you down for owning the real thing, which is bizarre, and making it some odd competition. Spend your money how you want.

Plus the way they're made/what they fund etc in the fake world.
Sorry this weren’t actually aimed at yourself but at the others on here who want to call out others for wearing fakes. I just think it’s mean

Reactions: 4
Sorry this weren’t actually aimed at yourself but at the others on here who want to call out others for wearing fakes. I just think it’s mean
I just have a crappy acquaintance who loves to slate whatever I buy. Baffles me but jealousy is an illness as I grew up as a council kid whilst her lot were well off and it's switched lol

Reactions: 3
My friend doesn’t do it out of malice, she’s a gorgeous person. She just likes what I wear and wants to copy and does that by buying fakes. Fakes are not my thing (for many reasons) and I do sometimes mutter an inward ‘really? 🙄’ when it happens but I get why she and others buy them.

Reactions: 6
FWIW I think your original comment read like this - but that may just be because I agree lol. There’s clearly discourse to be had over ethical supply chains & who profits from counterfeit goods, also the safety of products made through unregulated back channels, I doubt any of us would deny that. But some of the comments were a bit dark for me, like anything that makes you (the universal you, not you you!) feel so perturbed is worth investigating ☹

Reactions: 3
Hmmm I think it’s the ego that I struggle with, but that goes across all fake, dupe and auth, if someone carries with modesty or happiness then I’m happy for them, if they’re using their accessory as a social weapon to pull themselves up and you down, I’m not ok with it regardless of origin.

Reactions: 10
Hmmm I think it’s the ego that I struggle with, but that goes across all fake, dupe and auth, if someone carries with modesty or happiness then I’m happy for them, if they’re using their accessory as a social weapon to pull themselves up and you down, I’m not ok with it regardless of origin.
👆 This…………(my post is too short 😬)

Reactions: 2
I don’t call anyone out face to face, thats rude, doesnt mean I’m not entitled to think fakes are shite aesthetically, ethically and morally. Its not mean, get some self respect instead of gaining your self esteem through fake or real labels! Id rather have a fabric primark bag than a fake designer one.

• Heart
I know this threads view on replicas, but do you say anything to friends/family if you spot them wearing a fake? I really struggle with the cringe factor 🫣
I say nothing because I’m not a witch. They are my friends I’m not going to embarrass them. (Even if I do judge in my head) 😳😂😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.