Designer Items #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
thanks, scrolling now in the office… I don’t love VC, something I don’t fully trust about it.. but I may be persuaded by something Loewe!!
I've sold once on there without issue, but haven't ever bought...

Reactions: 2
I've sold once on there without issue, but haven't ever bought...
I got a Lanvin clutch earlier in the year - it’s an Alber Elbaz one I was obsessed with at uni, and it really was a sentimental purchase rather than one to wear. It was absolutely immaculate and in brand new condition.

Got it for £70

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
I’ve bought from Vestiaire with no problems, but never sold. They wouldn’t accept my completely authentic YSL tote I was selling (but couldn’t tell me why) and their fees are pretty high.

Reactions: 4
I bought a neverfull off there but it was advertised as the wrong size, quickly relisted and sold it on though!

Can we talk Shapewear? I bought a Skims body suit, it’s good but not as good as I thought it was going to be. Keep seeing alternatives on insta with similar claims, has anyone bought any of them?

Reactions: 1
Can we talk Shapewear? I bought a Skims body suit, it’s good but not as good as I thought it was going to be. Keep seeing alternatives on insta with similar claims, has anyone bought any of them?
Oh I’ve been looking at this plus the dupes. Is the skims comfortable? Is there support round the bust?

Wolford is 1000 X better than Skims.
Plus, you don’t line a Kardashians and Kanyes pockets.
Haven’t seen the Skims ones in all fairness but I second that Wolford do incredible shape wear and I could not agree more about giving those twats a wide berth.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Oh I’ve been looking at this plus the dupes. Is the skims comfortable? Is there support round the bust?
I’m only small on top so I wear a bra with mine anyway as need Ooomph up there😂 but it works fine.
Thank you, off to the Wolford website! X

Wolford is 1000 X better than Skims.
Plus, you don’t line a Kardashians and Kanyes pockets.
I concur. Wolford is the best. For the items to last hand wash or wash on a cold cycle without softener. It’s pricey but worth it.
Is it the same price as Skims?

I think Skims is quite a bit cheaper. I have one bodysuit from Wolford and I remember paying £155, I looked on the website this week and now they’re well over £200!

Had a look, going to wait for Black Friday to see if there are any discounts 👀
What is the sizing like?

Good plan @Wifo1976

Talking about Black Friday, I’m guessing that the likes of Chanel, Hermes and LV don’t participate but do any of the others? Like Loewe, Celine, YSL etc?

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Good plan @Wifo1976

Talking about Black Friday, I’m guessing that the likes of Chanel, Hermes and LV don’t participate but do any of the others? Like Loewe, Celine, YSL etc?
Highly unlikely, also depends on category (eg YSL beauty - probably, leather goods - probably not). Seasonal overstock also probably but it’s largely tat. Your best bet for testing is to find a new customer or influencer discount code now and try it on a basket of target items, if it’s excluded from discount for that it’ll be excluded from BF. Even for third party sellers as there are terms in their contracts re discounting (and even merchandising, creative, etc etc lol).

You may get lucky if an preloved seller or resale platform decides to run a gr8 promo code as they’re not bound by the same terms as they don’t deal directly with brands!

• Heart
Good plan @Wifo1976

I've seen Luxury Promise teasing a BF offer (granted preloved) but they have the bigger brands

Highly unlikely, also depends on category (eg YSL beauty - probably, leather goods - probably not). Seasonal overstock also probably but it’s largely tat. Your best bet for testing is to find a new customer or influencer discount code now and try it on a basket of target items, if it’s excluded from discount for that it’ll be excluded from BF. Even for third party sellers as there are terms in their contracts re discounting (and even merchandising, creative, etc etc lol).

You may get lucky if an preloved seller or resale platform decides to run a gr8 promo code as they’re not bound by the same terms as they don’t deal directly with brands!
Thanks my dear - a font of knowledge as always! 🙌🏻 What I have my eye on is new-ish stock in a classic colour so very doubtful it’ll be included.

Good plan @Wifo1976

I wish.
These brands are the opposite they hold the prices up for Christmas. 🤣🤣
---
I think Skims is quite a bit cheaper. I have one bodysuit from Wolford and I remember paying £155, I looked on the website this week and now they’re well over £200!
I wonder if they have an outlet on Bicester?
Wolford is quality and the items last.
---
Had a look, going to wait for Black Friday to see if there are any discounts 👀
What is the sizing like?
I wear my usual size in Wolford. I don’t know if you are based in London. Head down to the Marylebone boutique and they are so friendly and helpful and try a few items on.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.