Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I’m surprised by the attitudes on here. Why would you care so much if anybody is wearing a fake or a dupe or whatever they want to call it. It says more about you as a person than them.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7

Laughalong

VIP Member
Yeah, that’s where I’m at. The odd festival which I have a sequin bum-bag or out for a roast with the in laws. Argh, I’m torn to keep or not!
I don’t really think it’s an age specific bag it’s more your interests. I think if you go out to nice bars or fancy dinners often it’s lovely and would go great with simple outfits for wow factor. If you’re not really like that then it’s probs not for you and you won’t get much wear out of it. If it’s a 40th present though and you could make a few occasions to wear it for, I’d keep it just for sentimental value… but it doesn’t sound like you really like it regardless so there’s probs not much sentiment 😂

This is my fear, what’s the point when a £50 rep could do the job, it just looks so pretty though 😩 the colour block ones for autumn too are just 👌🏻
It is such a shame isn’t it, I didn’t want to sound like a dick as everyone values/perceives things differently so glad I’ve not upset you with that!

Tbh I was super disappointed going for a nosy shopping. Very nearly bought a ring I fell in love with (not “designer” but gold with precious stones) but have ended up booking a jewellery making course instead & am going to start a new hobby out of it! It’s far more accessible to do at home now with only a small investment, and with lab grown precious stones being so cost effective. Sorry for the me-rail but goes to show how uninspiring everything is when you’re turning to DIY instead 🫣😂

Also saw a dragon diffusion bag IRL and sadly didn’t think much of it. Saw the hugely overpriced for polyester coachtopia cloud bag on a woman and do love it, but wish it was leather!
---
Hi enablers

Hope we’re all well.
So my bad luck with counterfeit sandals continues. Not designer this time but I ordered a pair of Havaianas from Amazon - they arrived and were clearly fake, but I was kinda ok I’m not massively surprised as it’s Amazon. So I returned them and ordered a pair from Sole Trader. They arrived and they’re also bloody fake! I’m pretty shocked and it makes me think that if the Havaianas are fake then what else they sell is also knocked off!
Re Amazon - anyone can list anything under a brand name, it’s a huge problem and why no one should buy any consumables from it.

• Heart
  • Wow

ATV2021

VIP Member
i'm obsessed with a maje bag i keep seeing. does anyone have any idea what the quality is usually like?
I LOVE Maje. I have one of the fringed crochet bags, and it's amazing. Fits lots, quality is really good, and it's bright orange. I also have a dress from them (got for xmas woo). Which bag you after?

Here's my crazy baby. Also has a shoulder strap. I clash it with everything and don't care 😎

Attachments

• Heart

ATV2021

VIP Member
Said no bags today.
Longchamp had the straw type one I posted last year. FFS. It is beautiful though.

Also Tory Birch...had to make myself get a purse instead of another bag. Also got earrings from Monica V. Plus actually had my shade of Mac foundation and had +20% off 🥳 so was £19.80.

Ted Baker had already gone.

Many freebies! Lindt do a club and you get a box of the balls on birthday so grabbed those. Benefit gave me some eyebrow freebies. Elemis a shampoo & 2 macarons from Laduree.

• Heart

Dizzy

VIP Member
Thoughts on this please guys 😘
I'm not a fan of this brand, sorry. I've seen SO many fakes around which always puts me off a brand and in all honesty even the real ones that I've seen have looked a bit shit. So sorry if you love it! Seems so expensive for what it is - you could get so much more for your money if you shopped pre-loved.

ETA: I feel really mean saying that - if you love it then go for it, your opinion is the most important after all :)

Dizzy

VIP Member
Well I feel like a bit of a wally now 😂 I was skeptical even when I bought it but as I knew I'd have the protection of Vinted should the bag actually reach me and not be as advertised didn't feel too worried about it. I guess I should count myself very lucky that Vinted did the necessary and refunded my money. Goes to show as well, even when the money has been "released" they are able to retrieve it.

• Heart

Dizzy

VIP Member
My friend doesn’t do it out of malice, she’s a gorgeous person. She just likes what I wear and wants to copy and does that by buying fakes. Fakes are not my thing (for many reasons) and I do sometimes mutter an inward ‘really? 🙄’ when it happens but I get why she and others buy them.

Reactions: 6

Joannabloggs

VIP Member
I know this threads view on replicas, but do you say anything to friends/family if you spot them wearing a fake? I really struggle with the cringe factor 🫣
Ask them, ooh where did u get this at the store or in a dept store, wait for them to lie, then say my SA said its out of stock and the wait list is at least 2 months

• Haha

Nikzy911

How does everyone store their pieces? Do you have them on display so you can see them all the time, or do you need them in their dust bags/boxes in a cupboard. I decided that I wanted to have mine on display so I bought this off FB marketplace with the intention of upcycling. I’m just rebuilding the collection. I went through a stage a few years ago where I sold loads of stuff but definitely got the bug back 💗

Attachments

• Heart

Nikzy911

That looks really pretty! I wouldn’t mind a cabinet with glass doors. What is the bag in your top left hand corner? Is that the LV Papillon?

My husband very kindly let me use the spare bedroom as my ‘handbag room’. Various pieces on all the bits of furniture, and some inside a cabinet. Last year got gifted a lovely tea trolley from our elderly relative, so I’ve used that to display some pieces.
Yes it is! It’s the 19. I got it in (about) 2004 when my gran gave me some money. She won about £2.5k on the lottery. I bought it in Selfridges in Manchester and thought I was the bees knees. I was 20ish at the time and felt so snazzy. It was only about £250 from memory. It’s the one thing (aside from my dog) that I would snatch if the house was on fire 💖

• Heart

Islawight

Chatty Member
Just wanted to say thank you to you guys that reassured me on the site zalando. The bag arrived and it’s perfect. Got a bargain too ❤

• Heart
I also don’t want to choose completely unknown/unique pieces, if no one knows them then what’s the point,
This is a really interesting conversation in general and I love that you referred to being in the epicentre so this isn’t me being shady in the slightest: but sounds as if following more middle class influencers would cover you for what you’re after? Obvs class is far more complex than clothing alone but if you don’t wanna see any ghastly dino stomper trainers with leggings & a Chanel bag & horrific long puffer then the ex mag/literary industry lot who went into Insta mamahood sounds up your street. Just not the ragamuffin ones lol of which there are many.

Dizzy

VIP Member
I'm on the fence. I think the price point is so reasonable and the designs are beautiful but I've read quite mixed reviews on the handbags Reddit which has put me off.

Hopefully these links work:

Yup. Major major issues in the fashion industry that are so embedded, so buying a preowned Balenciaga changes nothing. Some of it veers into snobbery too imo. We can't all be buying Chanel at 2023 prices.
Thanks so much for posting this, really informative. I think I'm going to swerve and stick with my original choice (Loewe). I expect my bags to last for years (decades!) and I would be royally pissed off if there was an issue.

Grizzlybear

VIP Member
Yeah, that’s where I’m at. The odd festival which I have a sequin bum-bag or out for a roast with the in laws. Argh, I’m torn to keep or not!
I think it’s such a fun option for dinners, drinks, just a pop of something to brighten up everything (am I talking myself into this lol). I was looking at this or the brighter colours for just something that wasn’t a clutch or a business bag which could be something totally frivolous.

Bringing it back to @heretoreaditall2019 ‘s amazing post, is it filling a hole in your inventory? I’ve reframed how I shop, instead of consuming on impulse, I tend to consider what I’d like. Eg I’ve been really lusting after trenches - old me would have gone fuck it babe treat yourself and got a Burberry trench. I had a Burberry trench, it didn’t suit me and I never wore it so I sold it. Therefore this idea got spiked at the first consideration.

I tend to look at what I’m in the market for, research all options, consider how it would fit in with my wardrobe, how many things/how often I’d wear it with or for, then consider cost per wear and if I “need” the most expensive item on my shortlist. I look for pre loved and new options for my final item. By the time you do all this, you sure wheedle out the “for the sake of it” things you buy or keep!

• Heart

ATV2021

VIP Member
One week until birthday means...

One week until birthday Bicester trip! Private sale on aswell (usually starts just after!)

• Heart