Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

sephylily

VIP Member
I LOVE Maje. I have one of the fringed crochet bags, and it's amazing. Fits lots, quality is really good, and it's bright orange. I also have a dress from them (got for xmas woo). Which bag you after?

Here's my crazy baby. Also has a shoulder strap. I clash it with everything and don't care 😎
I want this one: https://uk.maje.com/en/bags/shop-by...MIrdmhsfirhQMVDIhQBh1NSQCSEAQYASABEgLAE_D_BwE

I think it's so cute and I love the studded strap. If I get a bonus at work, I think I might get it.

Yours is so nice, I love the fringing on all of them

Reactions: 6

Grizzlybear

VIP Member
I get this constantly. ‘Oh but I have the same bag from DH Gate and you couldn’t even notice a difference’ yes you bloody can and that’s not the point anyway 😭😭
Completely. I used to be the It bag etc girlie, and I got this constantly but my style has developed where I just want some nice understated great quality staples, which I’m in love with. So these days, to even have obviously labels on, I must really love it. Just don’t know why people are so awful 😂 I work super hard, and never comment on other peoples stuff as everyone’s circumstances are different

• Heart

Laughalong

VIP Member
Hello friends 👋🏽 off to NYC soon! Has anyone been recently? I’m not expecting to do much shopping if I’m honest, I just keep hearing it’s super expensive and the exchange rate is meh. Going to Woodbury Common but not getting my hopes up for any bargs! Been a few times before but not for a long time.
Molly Mae was in Chanel in NYC the other day and said a Chanel classic flap was coming in at £10k so she left it. Far too much

• Wow

trudyjudy007

Chatty Member
I’ve wanted a blue Loewe puzzle for a long time but with different expenses recently (illness, moving house) I just couldn’t prioritise or justify the bag… in the shops earlier and a really rude woman in front of me has the exact colour I love 🫣 she was being so demanding to the guy at the till, riled me up so much 🤣🤣🤣

I did buy a small top handle Le Pliage in pink off Depop, I wasn’t expecting to love It so much but it’s so handy for bringing lunch to work or just popping out for coffee. The colour gets a lot of compliments too.

Beverley Macker

VIP Member
Yeah, fakes are fakes.
Dupes are an item copied/inspired from the catwalk to the high street for a more affordable option, which is great.

Reactions: 5

soph30

VIP Member
Where did you hear this? I cant find anything
Oh just in general. FarFetch was nearly bankrupt and rescued by a Korean company but has now laid off 300 staff. Net a Porter is trying to find a buyer. Just my opinion neither will last 2 years

You can see with matches going the landscape has really changed!

• Heart

Wifo1976

VIP Member
I follow lots of pages on insta, Diet Prada and also Sheer Luxe, Slip into Style and similar. I like the clothes they portray and also they fit in with what I like and know what suits me, my lifestyle and shape. I also follow influencers in my age group to see what they are wearing and where they shop - though when they start shilling everything for £££ it’s annoying as they’ve then lost their true style!
I don’t follow any particular trends - I’m in my 40s but don’t think about my age and wear what I want. As you get older I think cut and shape of fabric helps to look luxe, can’t wear the same clingy fabrics I used to 20 years ago! I also look at the premium lines of high street brands - H&M premium and trend lines have some lovely pieces that you can invest in and wear for years - doesn’t have to be designer. Having said that, I am partial to a logo now and again but also like the IYKYK brands out there. Also I have to say - you can’t beat leather pants - I have leggings, trousers, shorts and they just look fab with EVERYTHING!🫶🏽

• Heart

Meg78

VIP Member
Not the bag I was shopping for but for that level of discount how could I refuse?

IMG_6404.jpeg

idk21

Chatty Member
previous post
Little update: Just a few hours after posting this, I managed to find an all-black quilted Coach Parker on Vinted which I received a little while ago. It is fairly battered though, so I’m going to see if I can repair and restore it…

pommynoir

VIP Member
Went to Bicester today, the Gucci store in particular was absolutely crap. Burberry had a few nice bits, but didn’t get anything.
It’s shockingly bad compared to Kildare Village in Ireland (I thought this was the OG, bigger & better version).
All the black bags in mulberry were full price, only random colours discounted across so many styles.
I ended up with a cardigan from Holland Cooper and a crossbody from Longchamp, husband bought a new wax jacket in Barbour.

There wasn’t bad queues (got there about 12pm) apart from Ugg, Dior and Prada. Burberry had the occasional queue but was moving very quickly.

Wifo1976

VIP Member
Chanel has gone too far now, I can’t see me buying another bag from them, £10k is unreal! I would like a pair of trainers still but won’t be buying them in NY😆

Hamburglar

VIP Member
Going tomorrow so will report back if that’s helpful.
Quoting myself to say it was ok, it’s ticketed so didn’t have to queue for hours and there was a reasonable selection of stock. Wouldn’t say there were any mega bargains unless you were specifically after an item that was there.

They had quite a few lilys in different colours (everyone seemed to be buying hot pink) and sizes, a medium black was £895 and the regular was £5-600. Quite a few large Iris and then the regular Iris in chestnut for £850 and black £695 (but it was a slightly different style). Softies were I think £350-395.

Accessories seemed to be most popular but I felt the purse selection was a bit of a mishmash of colours & styles, obviously the ones that don’t sell as well. Bag straps were all £19 including the iris straps so seemed to be the best bargain. Passport holders were £75. Scarves were £75-150 and there were quite a few left which I thought they’d sell a lot quicker.

I wanted an Iris but I felt like I could pick one up cheaper second hand if I’m not getting the store experience!

• Heart

pommynoir

VIP Member
Thank you - found a pair on Vinted. Fingers crossed they're not fake cos I'm not sure I'm ready to go down that road again! 🥴 😂
DO NOT BUY UGGS ON VINTED. I have never seen a brand new pair on there that are real.

just go to a store maybe?

• Heart

Choco88

VIP Member
Hi everyone. Just looking for a bit of advice. Looking to get a reversible belt (2 for the price of one 😉) and am currently trying to decide between either this Givenchy or this Hermes. Which one should I go for?
I prefer the Hermes