Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
My friend has bought a knock off version of nearly every bag I own and delights in wearing hers the same time I wear my real one 🥴
Doesn’t sound like much of a friend ☹ I’ll never understand why some friends can’t be happy for others having nice things. It’s always a competition/trying to score point with others

Reactions: 9

henriettadubois2

VIP Member
I don’t call anyone out face to face, thats rude, doesnt mean I’m not entitled to think fakes are shite aesthetically, ethically and morally. Its not mean, get some self respect instead of gaining your self esteem through fake or real labels! Id rather have a fabric primark bag than a fake designer one.

• Heart
Reactions: 8

katyazamo

Chatty Member
Preowned is fair game in my opinion. Bit of a stretch to say someone is supporting nonc*s for considering buying a preowned Balenciaga. Probably predates Demna too.

• Heart

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
Girls. Need some advice.

So I’ve never had a pair of heels that cost over £20 lol genuinely, because I just haven’t seen value in spending on shoes. I cannot, and mean cannot walk in heels. I’ve ALWAYS worn chunky block heels or mules. Mainly from Primark actually 🤣 the irony of going to Sexy Fish in my Shein heels the other week and I normally wear Primark perspex mules with a large YSL Sac De Jour haha. The most I ever do is 3 inches, and it has to be block. Even if I won the lottery tonight I couldn’t fill my wardrobe with Loubs and the YSL heels (I would, for display hahaha)

So my boyfriend wants to buy me my first designer pair, and I finally want some too. I’ve seen these. I’m fairly sure I could just learn, and would only really ever wear them to restaurants where I’m getting out the car outside lol. So I’ve settled on these which I’ve seen in store and love, yet to properly try on. Maybe I need something more supportive like the Dior slingbacks or Chanel block heel pumps? My question is are

- Is Louboutin REALLY as uncomfy as they say across all styles? I know some are more than others, but my feet are dainty and narrow anyway (I stuck my foot in them quickly and that didn’t seem to be an issue)

- Is the red sole initially just an absolute nightmare before it gets worn? As I have just 0 balance basically 🤣

View attachment 2541923
I have about 40 pairs of designer heels, most of them I regret 🤣 i only wear heels on special occasions so most of them barely get any wear. I even have some Louboutins that had for years, brand new in the box 🥲 here are my tips:

• Buy a pair that is neutral in colour that you will get a lot of wear out of. A pair that can be dressed up and down
• choose a good, durable material (leather, particularly patent will last), satin, calf leather, suede etc will wear easily. I have some suede heels that got wrecked at a wedding when someone drove over a puddle :(
• try them in person and choose a size that fits you well, avoid buying online because your size will vary a lot in different designers
• with Louboutins, they can be uncomfortable but some pairs aren’t as bad (I think “iriza” is a more comfortable style)
• get Louboutins resoled, they’ll remain red at the bottom and have better grip to walk in

and whatever you do, don’t get these monstrosities 🙂 my feet will never be the same after I bought these 🙂

Attachments

• Haha

Dizzy

VIP Member
Hi Enablers

Hope we're all well.

Has anyone bought any high end bags recently? What are we thinking on quality these days? I've just received the YSL Le 5 a 7 (which is bloody gorgeous) however I have to return it and exchange it for another as the SAINT LAURENT stamp on the metal buckle isn't quite right. The stamp is faded/not deep enough in the middle of the word LAURENT - as if it's not been pushed down into the metal enough. Net a Porter are sending a replacement but even bloody so. It's a nearly £2k bag and the stamping isn't consistent! It's got me thinking as the Celine Ava I ordered also had a quality issue - the poppers on the shoulder strap were incredibly difficult to pull apart to adjust and I couldn't actually get all 4 of them to push back together again.

These are expensive bags and I'm shocked at such basic quality control failures.

• Sad
  • Heart

yankydoo

Chatty Member
I’m in Portugal and think I’m going to get the Van Cleef Alhambra Vintage Necklace in black onyx. With the tax refund it’s £350 less than UK price!

• Heart

pommynoir

VIP Member
I know this threads view on replicas, but do you say anything to friends/family if you spot them wearing a fake? I really struggle with the cringe factor 🫣
I say nothing because I’m not a bitch. They are my friends I’m not going to embarrass them. (Even if I do judge in my head) 😳😂😂

• Haha

ATV2021

VIP Member
Doesn’t sound like much of a friend ☹ I’ll never understand why some friends can’t be happy for others having nice things. It’s always a competition/trying to score point with others
I had a friend like this. Always "why" do you spend X on whatever brand, nobody cares.

Well I care and my bags are actually none of the in your face looking ones. My LVs are red epi and now my fav ever black & white malletage alma. I have a bright orange crochet Maje etc etc. I love them all. Reminded myself its the time of year for the Coach shearling to come fluffing out again 🤣

I have just ordered myself, however, some bling in your damn face LV earrings mind. Cat had to get me something for xmas after all 😎😎🤣

• Haha

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
Right you’ve all put me off 🤣🤣 technically you’ve saved me £1600 so now I deserve 2 pairs of Chanel flats 🤔😉

• Haha
So true!! And yet they’ll pump their face full of Botox to stop their wrinkles showing
It feels like the overfilled look is part of it bizarrely!! Like idgi in a world where tweakments could make you a Bella Hadid/Julia Fox/Megan Fox/Hailey Beiber (who else is a siren these days these references are likely carbon dating me) why would you actively choose to look like a fuddy duddy Home Counties empty nester who has beef with the trolley attendant at her local Waitrose when you’re a 28 year old hottie?! Run free potential baddies 🏃🏻‍♀️🏃🏻‍♀️🏃🏻‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart

beautyblogger123

VIP Member
So the Liberty Beauty Drop is going to charge an extra £5 per month which won’t get added to your account. Really disappointed, but not surprised. I’ve not really like the last couple of boxes, so I think that’s the end of it for me 😟

• Wow
  • Sad

Dizzy

VIP Member
Is there a "What I've Bought" thread for general clothes and stuff, not necessarily designer? I know there's a general "Last 3 Things I've Bought" kinda one but wondered if there would be any call for a clothes/shoes/bags/nice shit one incorporating high street finds?

• Heart

Grizzlybear

VIP Member
They look tacky but I also find it tacky to comment, especially if there’s others around. I unfortunately don’t really know anyone who’s into nice items like I am, it’s very annoying when people see my stuff, assume it’s fake and show me their own fake 🤣🤣🤣
I find it very tacky to comment, especially since one friend in particular asked me out right if my celine sunnies could look any faker 😭 she doesn’t stop going on about it either to the point it’s ruined them a bit for me (they are real lol).

• Wow

Laughalong

VIP Member
Surprisingly found a really good bargain today at the Designer Exchange in Cheshire Oaks. Normally don’t even pay much attention in these sorts of shops as assume everything is inflated but this was only £320 with no exterior marks! Only a few tiny black marks on the inside which I know I’ll be able to get out. Couldn’t find it online for under £500.

Attachments

• Heart